**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A who to awaken poll

Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Thanks for your answers.

A who to awaken poll 45 votes

Corvus
0%
Spidergwen
2%
Valentinos13 1 vote
Archangel
28%
danielmathTheHoodedDormammuAleorKill_GreyZipioThicco_ModeChewie420ChikelFluffy_pawsEtherealityMrGreekCrcrcrcRiptide 13 votes
Iceman
0%
Omega Red
53%
Il_CuocoTurbomech85Lvernon1516wegnerkSgtSlaughter78EtjamaSkillful_starTHE_KING_0602IronGladiator22Doctor_Strange19NerdNerdNerd1CaptainGameJaximosCrasyduckJragonMaster170ahmm474756TrashPanda12TheBair123PuttPuttYodabolt21 24 votes
Killmonger
0%
Gulk
0%
CMM
11%
FlashSpideyAziz5253KoopaKrusherWrecktifier21[Deleted User] 5 votes
Gwenpool
0%
Save it for better champs
4%
RenaxqqSoyheyor123 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Rose on
Β«1

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    suicides and at least 120ish sig stones or 200 sig stonea, go omega
    otherwise go aa
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega Red
    I agree. Omega and Archangel need it the most.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    CMM

otherwise go aa

I'm not running suicides, have many sigs but I have a 90 sig colossus so I was wondering if it'd be okay to put omega red up, heard he's a bit underwhelming without suicides, is that true? @Thicco_Mode

I have a max quake and some good mutants up, will AA be a good choice still?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    I assume you're not running suicides, and I assume you don't have enough sigs to max the character you Awaken. As good as Omega red is, using a generic on him without the above conditions being met would feel regretful at the end of the day.

As for archangel, oh boy, where do I even start...
    That awakened ability is one of the most overpowered abilities in the game. It literally gives him the best passive AAR in the game, and the second best heal block (just behind Warlock). Archangel has quickly become my most used character, and my go-to for every single piece of content. I didn't have need to use the generic I got from act 5 exploration on him, because I had a mutant gem; but I'd have used a generic on him if I had needed to.

You can decide to leave him at sig 1 if you really wanted to. 4 neuros = opponent lockdown!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    Aziz5253 said:

otherwise go aa

I'm not running suicides, have many sigs but I have a 90 sig colossus so I was wondering if it'd be okay to put omega red up, heard he's a bit underwhelming without suicides, is that true? @Thicco_Mode

I have a max quake and some good mutants up, will AA be a good choice still?
    I wouldn't say he's underwhelming, but if you see his max sig and suicides damage potential, comparatively, it'll seem much worse. I can't say for sure how you will like it, but archangel is a "safer" option and he's guaranteed to be awesome
    CMM
    Kill_Grey said:

I assume you're not running suicides, and I assume you don't have enough sigs to max the character you Awaken. As good as Omega red is, using a generic on him without the above conditions being met would feel regretful at the end of the day.

That awakened ability is one of the most overpowered abilities in the game. It literally gives him the best passive AAR in the game, and the second best heal block (just behind Warlock). Archangel has quickly become my most used character, and my go-to for every single piece of content. I didn't have need to use the generic I got from act 5 exploration on him, because I had a mutant gem; but I'd have used a generic on him if I had needed to.

You can decide to leave him at sig 1 if you really wanted to. 4 neuros = opponent lockdown!

I can take OR to a high sig level if I awaken him, at least 100-120ish, but yeah, I don't run suicides.

I have a quake so AAR doesn't matter really much to me with her so I was wondering if he'd be much useful
    Archangel
    Aziz5253 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I can take OR to a high sig level if I awaken him, at least 100-120ish, but yeah, I don't run suicides.

I have a quake so AAR doesn't matter really much to me with her so I was wondering if he'd be much useful
    Lol, I have a Quake, Ghost, CMM, Claire, Void, stealthy, etc all ranked up too; but I still find myself using AA more than all of them.

As much as people would argue that immune champs are problematic for him, it's not until you actually quest with him that you'll find out how few they actually are.
    Champs like magik, Electro, Nova, Doom, Nick Fury, invisible woman, Mr fantastic, etc are all super annoying defenders, but AA shuts them down like there's nothing going on.
    Archangel
    I'mma just invite @Fluffy_paws and @NerdNerdNerd1 over here...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kamala Khan
    Archangel
    Mcdonalds said:

By the looks of it, even you wanna do CMM OP, so go with who you like, and if that's CMM, then do CMM (:

Yeah, I kinda agree with this.
    edited October 2020
    CMM

Kamala Khan

I'll have a cosmic ag sitting for her once she's r4
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega Red
    If you also have a cosmic then use that on cmm. Also if you arent running suicides I would either use it on AA or save it for someone like Aegon or Nick.
    CMM
    Mcdonalds said:

By the looks of it, even you wanna do CMM OP, so go with who you like, and if that's CMM, then do CMM (:

Tbh I really like CMM, OR and AA the rest are just fillers for the 10 options haha. I was thinking her indestructible can save my a*$ if and whenever I mess up
    edited October 2020
    CMM

If you also have a cosmic then use that on cmm. Also if you arent running suicides I would either use it on AA or save it for someone like Aegon or Nick.

Nope don't have one. That was grammatical error, corrected it. I do have a skill AG sitting for nick fury or Aegon, whoever pops up first.

Considering I don't have a 5* NF rn, and my focus is act 6 since I finished exploring act 5 today, I guess I'll go with AA. Planning to do variants later so I'll get a gem or two for the rest then. Thanks for the replies everyone! You guys rock!
    Archangel

@Kill_Grey Thanks for the tag!
    OP,
    If you wanna do CMM, do CMM.
    But.. if you ever get a mutant AG.. and that AA is still unduped.

Here. Just some food for thought.
    With AA the first thing you wanna do is check your opponents immunity, whether its base or node. His damage comes from applying bleeds, poisons and neurotoxins. Neuros are passive effects and are a bleed&poison combined.

If they are not immune to bleed or poison, then parry- heavy - watch them die while you smile gleefully. As you get used to using him, it becomes easier to punish heavies with your own to save block damage/against stun immune.
    If poison immune he can still put in work, just takes longer. He can't apply neuros to poison immune champs.
    If bleed immune use someone else. He can only apply poisons to bleed immune via sp3 but if you're willing for a looooong slow fight, why not.
    If facing someone who can purify posions eg Red Hulk you can apply neuro via sp3. Try not to parry though as purified posions give rhulk more heat charges and when he has multiple bleeds, AA has a high chance to poison on block. Intercept only.
    If they're double immune then really really don't use him it's gonna be a boring boring long fight with a bunch of grey immunes popping up every half second. I mean, if you're crazy and wanna take him against Darkhawk, by all means go for it. It'll be loooooong so I don't see why you would but it's not like you can't. There are a few matchups he should absolutely not be taken to - Cable (you die from degen) and Omega Red (you make him bleed, he gets death field, you die from spores)
    Now about his damage, the neurotoxin damage is crazy. He's great for 5.3 with the attack reduction due to his damage output, the fights don't seem as long. He also works similarly in v3. As his playstyle is primarily parry-heavy and he is a medium champ, in v2 his heavy won't be glanced.

Damage isn't all the neurotoxins do on a duped AA though. It gets better.
    With enough neuros depending on sig level he can shut down so much at 100% AAR, both defensive and offensive abilities and even some nodes like no retreat, masochism, caltrops, spite, unblockable finale, biohazard and some less significant ones like special lock 1/2. I'm sure there are more but I don't know all he can shut down. Yet.
    Magik's limbo doesn't proc, Voids debuffs can fail, Hela's indestructible, DP's power gain, Modok's autoblock, Mojo's strange Mojo stuff, spiderverse evades - if buffet is there, Venom isn't reliable, AA is - he can turn that off too. I've recently just learnt he can shut off the debuff transfer from Mr Sinister's sp1. He can turn the most annoying champ into just a blob with high health and attack. Looking at you Mojo.
    Note: make sure either there is no Force of Will node (immunity to AAR) or the champ themselves aren't immune to it. Longshot is a strange one. He is immune to AAR except from debuffs. Neuros are passive, so they don't count, but since Longshot can be bled and posioned, well RIP Longshot. Kingpin and Mordo and AA himself are also immune to AAR. You can neuro another AA to death you can't shut down his nodes etc. While usually that isn't much of a problem, but if you have an AA on biohazard, and you try and use your own, you'll die.
    Note 2: Don't use AA for Guardian unless he's on a poison immune node. You'll get shocked when Guardian gets a neuro. Unless your AA is unduped.
    He is good for lifecycle too, the bleed and poison are DoT but neuros are passive and still do damage. When at low health, parry, heavy to knockdown then the neuros kill them at 1% health.
    Bypass Safeguard with DoT, he's good for Diss Track but careful not to turn all your debuffs into passive neuros. He works better for poison immune here with just bleeds but he works. Just less heavies.
    Also great for bleed, posion vulnerability since you'll be applying a lot of those.
    On the other hand, he also doesn't really care about bleed/posion resistance provided that they do not have an immunity to the other, since he converts them to passive effects.
    Duped sig 1 = shuts down regen with 1 neuro. Even undupe, keep up posion and they reduce healing by 30%. With despair mastery the amount of debuffs he applies should shut off regen anyway.
    Neuros expiry can give you an opening to push them to another special if thats easiet to evade or transfer bane as they stun on expiry but sometimes I've been trying to bait sp and they get stunned and bane is about to be transferred so don't push them to nearly an sp3 and bait.
    With some practise you can use him against Thing to control rock stacks, but be prepared for a long fight, and I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.
    His heavy timed right can be used against Mordos astral evade even though mordo is immune to AAR.
    He's a mutant champ and can place bleeds on Elsa Bloodstone, she's a piece of cake with him.
    He doesn't need his special attacks. So if you're on a Plagued Mind or Power Struggle node, he doesn't care. He doesn't need them. I'm not sure if he can turn off Plagued Mind. I don't think so.
    Note 3: When facing a Matador node, his AAR can prevent you gaining any power at all.
    He also doesn't rely on synergies so only needs one spot on the team. He can work with or without suicides, while he has no immunity himself, except to AAR (unless he's a horseman !!! I NEED APOCALYPSE!) he doesn't rely on his specials to access his damage and utility. Often he might not be the best choice for the boss but he sure can clear the path leaving you with 4 other close to full health champs for your boss kill.
    He was my first 5/65 sig 110 before Domino, Cap IW, Sunspot and I absolutely love him, but like most champs he has his weaknesses. There's probably a lot more that I've missed but hope it helps.

The AA master himself.
    Teach me your ways, for I am but a noob πŸ™‡πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    Kill_Grey said:

OP,

With AA the first thing you wanna do is check your opponents immunity, whether its base or node. His damage comes from applying bleeds, poisons and neurotoxins. Neuros are passive effects and are a bleed&poison combined.

If they are not immune to bleed or poison, then parry- heavy - watch them die while you smile gleefully. As you get used to using him, it becomes easier to punish heavies with your own to save block damage/against stun immune.
    If poison immune he can still put in work, just takes longer. He can't apply neuros to poison immune champs.
    If bleed immune use someone else. He can only apply poisons to bleed immune via sp3 but if you're willing for a looooong slow fight, why not.
    If facing someone who can purify posions eg Red Hulk you can apply neuro via sp3. Try not to parry though as purified posions give rhulk more heat charges and when he has multiple bleeds, AA has a high chance to poison on block. Intercept only.
    If they're double immune then really really don't use him it's gonna be a boring boring long fight with a bunch of grey immunes popping up every half second. I mean, if you're crazy and wanna take him against Darkhawk, by all means go for it. It'll be loooooong so I don't see why you would but it's not like you can't. There are a few matchups he should absolutely not be taken to - Cable (you die from degen) and Omega Red (you make him bleed, he gets death field, you die from spores)
    Now about his damage, the neurotoxin damage is crazy. He's great for 5.3 with the attack reduction due to his damage output, the fights don't seem as long. He also works similarly in v3. As his playstyle is primarily parry-heavy and he is a medium champ, in v2 his heavy won't be glanced.

With enough neuros depending on sig level he can shut down so much at 100% AAR, both defensive and offensive abilities and even some nodes like no retreat, masochism, caltrops, spite, unblockable finale, biohazard and some less significant ones like special lock 1/2. I'm sure there are more but I don't know all he can shut down. Yet.
    Magik's limbo doesn't proc, Voids debuffs can fail, Hela's indestructible, DP's power gain, Modok's autoblock, Mojo's strange Mojo stuff, spiderverse evades - if buffet is there, Venom isn't reliable, AA is - he can turn that off too. I've recently just learnt he can shut off the debuff transfer from Mr Sinister's sp1. He can turn the most annoying champ into just a blob with high health and attack. Looking at you Mojo.
    Note: make sure either there is no Force of Will node (immunity to AAR) or the champ themselves aren't immune to it. Longshot is a strange one. He is immune to AAR except from debuffs. Neuros are passive, so they don't count, but since Longshot can be bled and posioned, well RIP Longshot. Kingpin and Mordo and AA himself are also immune to AAR. You can neuro another AA to death you can't shut down his nodes etc. While usually that isn't much of a problem, but if you have an AA on biohazard, and you try and use your own, you'll die.
    Note 2: Don't use AA for Guardian unless he's on a poison immune node. You'll get shocked when Guardian gets a neuro. Unless your AA is unduped.
    He is good for lifecycle too, the bleed and poison are DoT but neuros are passive and still do damage. When at low health, parry, heavy to knockdown then the neuros kill them at 1% health.
    Bypass Safeguard with DoT, he's good for Diss Track but careful not to turn all your debuffs into passive neuros. He works better for poison immune here with just bleeds but he works. Just less heavies.
    Also great for bleed, posion vulnerability since you'll be applying a lot of those.
    On the other hand, he also doesn't really care about bleed/posion resistance provided that they do not have an immunity to the other, since he converts them to passive effects.
    Duped sig 1 = shuts down regen with 1 neuro. Even undupe, keep up posion and they reduce healing by 30%. With despair mastery the amount of debuffs he applies should shut off regen anyway.
    Neuros expiry can give you an opening to push them to another special if thats easiet to evade or transfer bane as they stun on expiry but sometimes I've been trying to bait sp and they get stunned and bane is about to be transferred so don't push them to nearly an sp3 and bait.
    With some practise you can use him against Thing to control rock stacks, but be prepared for a long fight, and I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.
    His heavy timed right can be used against Mordos astral evade even though mordo is immune to AAR.
    He's a mutant champ and can place bleeds on Elsa Bloodstone, she's a piece of cake with him.
    He doesn't need his special attacks. So if you're on a Plagued Mind or Power Struggle node, he doesn't care. He doesn't need them. I'm not sure if he can turn off Plagued Mind. I don't think so.
    Note 3: When facing a Matador node, his AAR can prevent you gaining any power at all.
    He also doesn't rely on synergies so only needs one spot on the team. He can work with or without suicides, while he has no immunity himself, except to AAR (unless he's a horseman !!! I NEED APOCALYPSE!) he doesn't rely on his specials to access his damage and utility. Often he might not be the best choice for the boss but he sure can clear the path leaving you with 4 other close to full health champs for your boss kill.
    He was my first 5/65 sig 110 before Domino, Cap IW, Sunspot and I absolutely love him, but like most champs he has his weaknesses. There's probably a lot more that I've missed but hope it helps.

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    I'm sure there's people who know much more about him than me. I'm still learning all the smaller bits and pieces.
    Archangel

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    I'm sure there's people who know much more about him than me. I'm still learning all the smaller bits and pieces.
    Lol, another comment I just made went for approval, RIP

While that's happening, how do you counter Mordo with AA? Also, how does that red hulk stuff actually work? Because I noticed that the SP 3 seems to apply the debuffs separately πŸ€”
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    I know parry, heavy, repeat. Is there anything special I should be doing?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    Not really no, that's basically his playstyle but I would definitely start to learn to heavy counter with him. If you're lacking poisons but have a bunch of bleeds then the sps apply poisons. On stun immune they can be helpful for conversion since heavy attack is harder to get off.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Archangel
    AA needs it. Omega also need it, but he also needs suicides. AA is good with and without suicides. Others are mostly ok not duped
    Archangel
    Mcdonalds said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    Don’t get hit
    I knew I was missing something!
    Archangel

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    Not really no, that's basically his playstyle but I would definitely start to learn to heavy counter with him. If you're lacking poisons but have a bunch of bleeds then the sps apply poisons. On stun immune they can be helpful for conversion since heavy attack is harder to get off.
    I can heavy counter pretty reliably thanks to learning with Hyperion. All that’s left is to get AA as a 5*
    Archangel

Kill_Grey said:

OP,

The AA master himself.
    *herself lol
    Nice, lol πŸ‘ŒπŸ½
    CMM

OP,

With enough neuros depending on sig level he can shut down so much at 100% AAR, both defensive and offensive abilities and even some nodes like no retreat, masochism, energy adoptions, caltrops, spite, unblockable finale, biohazard and some less significant ones like special lock 1/2. I'm sure there are more but I don't know all he can shut down. Yet.

Bruh. There's so much I learnt from this. And I was underestimating him wayyyyy too much. Thanks a lot @Fluffy_paws, Really appreciate your help!

I also realized that AA can be a counter to 6.3.1 medusa that I've been looking for, other than Gwenpool.