**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Advice on Next Rankup. Second R5 or first R2?

Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Hey guys,
As the picture shows, I only have one 5* R5 and no 6* R2. I just fully explored Act 5 and am ready to move on to Act 6 or Variants. I have 3 t5b (and no extra shards of one so it will take me awhile). I really love Warlock, he is my favorite between the options to take up, but it feels like a bad decision to use 3 t5b to take him up rather than 2 t5b to take up a 5* and have 1 remaining t5b to take up the next one. I really like Venom and Colossus as well, I just find Colossus extremely limited in any place I can't stun, and Venom very limited with no immunities. I have omega red for the synergy with Colossus, but I barely use OR because he is only sig 1 and I don't run suicides. I feel like the smartest move would probably be to take up Colossus and be halfway to taking up my next 5* (Venom or maybe someone else good by then), but I really do love Warlock and wanted to get input. Thank you guys

Advice on Next Rankup. Second R5 or first R2? 11 votes

R2 Warlock
27%
EtjamaBerjibsDiabolic 3 votes
R5 Colossus sig 146
63%
Turbomech85Ackbar67Thicco_ModeDoctor_Strange19SaltE_Wenis69Crcrcrc[Deleted User] 7 votes
R5 Venom unawakened
9%
StevieManWonder 1 vote
Something Else
0%

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    R5 Colossus sig 146
    defo this dude. I have both him and warlock r5 and they serve a somewhat similar place in my roster where they just clear every fight I need that isn't super specialized. I use colossus as a general lane clearer with no synergies at all, and he shines, even in places where I can't parry heavy. in that situation, just five hit combo sp2 and he'll still pack a punch, especially with that omega synergy. warlock is more for harder/more niche fights that I can't just close my eyes and do. his power drain is super useful and his damage with his sp2 makes him more than just a utility machine. combined that with high armor and protection against crits on specials, he is an insane champ. however, like you mentioned, it is one more t5b, so I would hold off on him
  • Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88

defo this dude. I have both him and warlock r5 and they serve a somewhat similar place in my roster where they just clear every fight I need that isn't super specialized. I use colossus as a general lane clearer with no synergies at all, and he shines, even in places where I can't parry heavy. in that situation, just five hit combo sp2 and he'll still pack a punch, especially with that omega synergy. warlock is more for harder/more niche fights that I can't just close my eyes and do. his power drain is super useful and his damage with his sp2 makes him more than just a utility machine. combined that with high armor and protection against crits on specials, he is an insane champ. however, like you mentioned, it is one more t5b, so I would hold off on him

Thank you very much! I think you are right. I really like having a lane clearer to allow me to use doom on the boss! I agree with everything you said, Warlock is a BEAST but I don't think i can justify using an extra t5b over an awakened high sig Colossus. Thank you!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    R5 Venom unawakened
    If you are going to focus on Variants, then I would r5 Venom since he is a beast for v2 and v5. To be fair, Warlock is a beast for v2 and v3.