**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• KimilKimil Posts: 84
    Not sure why my comment was deleted but I’ll post again:

In-Game Name: kimilsung
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Device Operating System: 13.7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Arena
    Description of the Issue: Chose champs, darkhawk, moon knight and abomination. When matching with a summoner game crashed. Tried to reload game and got error message. Force restart let me back in. No recurrence yet.

• k3njik3nji Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: Kєиji
    Device and Model: iPhone XsMax
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.2
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur?: Arena

Game keeps auto-close itself several times during arena. Haven't checked other game modes yet to see if the same occurs.
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    In-Game Name: Merc1077
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: ISO 14.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both.
    Game Version Installed:28.2.2
    Game modes: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Where to begin....
    Device is over heating, once again, so play time is limited to 10 minutes at best.
    AQ, AW, EQ specials aren’t activating when hit unless it’s special 3, parry, dex are screwed up yet again. Is it just commonplace for these updates to come out untested? I mean seriously? 3 years I’ve been playing on this second account and this game is worse now than ever before. Get your act together before you release this stuff. Smh Kabam, utterly worthless.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Lovejoy72
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: ISO 14.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both.
    Game Version Installed:28.2.2
    Game modes: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: multiple game crashes. I can see it start to stutter and lag, and inevitably I know it will close out. It’s much, much worse today with three crashes in a couple hours. Unfortunately, with what it takes to be competitive, this has made the game unplayable.
  • AJC_1870AJC_1870 Posts: 43
    edited October 2020
    Second time I’ve posted, crashes mid fight, everywhere, six times so far in the last 45 min.
    IPad 6th G
    Device: 14.0.1
    MCoC: Current
    In Game: AJC~18
    WiFi
  • Domino31Domino31 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Domino°
    Device and Model: ipad 6th gen
    Device OS: iOS 14.0.1
    Cell or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, monthly event quest, monthly side quest... pretty much ALL GAME MODES
    Description of issue: the game crashes, completely closes out right after every 1-3 fights. It has even been crashing mid fight. This causes loss of half of my Attacker’s health pool, and in AW causes death count and loss of attack bonuses. This happens while using any champion, based on crash frequency. Today it is crashing LITERALLY EVERY 1-3 fights right as the fight ends before victory screen prompt, or even mid fight. It’s almost not even worth logging in to try to complete content
  • Domino31Domino31 Posts: 4
    edited October 2020
    In-Game Name: Domino°
    Device and Model: ipad 6th gen
    Device OS: iOS 14.0.1
    Cell or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, monthly event quest, monthly side quest... pretty much ALL GAME MODES
    Description of issue: the game crashes, completely closes out right after every 1-3 fights. It has even been crashing mid fight. This causes loss of half of my Attacker’s health pool, and in AW causes death count and loss of attack bonuses. This happens while using any champion, based on crash frequency. Today it is crashing LITERALLY EVERY 1-3 fights right as the fight ends before victory screen prompt, or even mid fight. It’s almost not even worth logging in to try to complete content

My R5 5 star sunspot has now crashed 2 times in a row mid fight vs Mojo Boss in Legendary-Mephisto’s Hades Invasion. He now has 25% health pool. I am not using my health potions, then revives just because your game is broken....THIS IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING
  • Doug_NutDoug_Nut Posts: 2
    In-game name : Doug Nut
    Device model: iPhone 7
    IOS version : 14.0.1
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi

Issue:
    Game crashing multiple times whilst in quest. Have had to restart paths. Very f*ckin frustrating having lost time and good runs
  • NerekNerek Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: Leffe71.
    Device and Model: IPad mini 4, iPad mini 5, iPhone XS, iPhone 7.
    Device Operating System: iOS 14
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Latency issue when opening crystals, Alliance help(energy) clicking a node, basically if it’s clickable very often you get lag, then there’s the constant crashing that closes the game every 20-30 min, also feels like the “special attack” icon isn’t as responsive as it should be aka have to spam click for it to work.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    Nøx
    iPad 6/iPhone 8+
    iOS 14.0.1
    WiFi/Cellular
    Game crashing in all game modes but especially arena. Every 5-20 minutes it crashes. I’ve hard reset my iPad and phone and reinstalled the game and it continues happening.
  • DOMCOM67
    iOS 13.0.1
    iPad Air 2
    Keeps kicking me out on arenas, aq,and aw.have more than once been kicked out and then come back to half life every 3 to 5 minutes still
  • X0102X0102 Posts: 2
    This game is no playable anymore, it crashes from at 20 min intervals, you need info from us, it’s to hard for you to get your logs from crush report and to read them? It’s kinda kabam style
  • YRS_ANTYRS_ANT Posts: 12
    In-game name : Yrs Ant
    Device model: iPhone 7
    IOS version : 14.0.1
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi

Issue: The Game keeps crashing every few minutes in every game mode making it hard to complete any content. I had to restart paths or use revives due to health lost every time it crashes.
  • PerrinPerrin Posts: 7
    Game is becoming more and more unplayable, crashing, getting kicked out of AQ, AW and Versus, coming back in with half or less life forcing a use of potion use and loss of “short time buff” for AQ/AW and loss of streak in Versus.

Not going to go in to latency, same problem as most others.

Lost count on units, potions, buffs etc etc, wasted in the last couple of weeks.....

In-Game Name: •MONGOT•
    Device and Model: iPad mini 5, iPhone XS, iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 14
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Constant crashing that closes the game every 10-15 min.
    The “special attack” dont respond as it should, I have to spam click for it to work.
    Dash, block and heavy attack also isn’t working as it used to.
  • DonnieDarkoDonnieDarko Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: DonnieDarko
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Sprint
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Story Quests
    Description of the Issue: Champions are holding block on their own, with my fingers not touching the screen. It’s preventing evades, dashing, and prevents me from using. Special Attack. Phone is also overheating very quickly.
  • Sam357Sam357 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name -Sam357
    Device and Model IPhone 11 ProMax and IPad 6th Generation
    Device Operating System 13.6.1
    Cellular or WiFi - Both — Verizon
    Game Version Installed 28.2.2
    Game Mode: Monthly E.Q, Monthly Side Events, Story Quest, Arenas, Alliance Quest and Alliance War
    Description of Issues: Game is experiencing heavy lag and crashes and closes before, during and after a fight. Happens with all the champions I have in my roster. Some times the fight is recovered with no health lost, other times health is lost. Unresponsive responses such as block, parry, dexterity, light, medium and heavy hits (press the screen for a particular action and character does not respond)
    These issues has cause my alliance to stop playing AW (from 3BGS to 1) due to the excessive resources that are being wasted and lost due to the crashing
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    FabiusBR
    High speed WiFi
    iPad sixth gen
    iPadOS 14.0.1
    Game version 28.2.2
    All game modes

Come on, Kabam. The crashing/closing is getting worse. Happens every 10-15 minutes since the update and is getting worse. This morning, I did one path in EQ and then was just looking at my Home Screen and the game disappeared. The new bug since the update is that the game closes without warning. No stutter, no freeze, no spinning icon. It just disappears. Mid-fight. Loading a fight. Or just doing nothing.

Force closing and re-opening the game after every 6 or so fights, before it crashes, seems to prevent the problem. So, it is a time related or game use related bug. But, force closing and re-opening the game every few minutes to avoid a crash is a real pain, destroys your arena rhythm and takes the fun out of the game because you are always worried about whether you are leaving the game open too long.

PLEASE FIX!!! This is getting ridiculous, again.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    In-game name: Daddrieda
    Device and model: iPhone 6
    Device operating system: 12.4.8
    Game version installed: 28.2.2
    Game mode: everywhere
    Description: crash crash crash crash crash in everything I do in the game. Huge difference when I left my alliance as the issue was hindering everyone on map6. Out of nowhere the game stopped to kick,shut down and freeze. This shows that there’s something game code issue at alliance area. I would imagine the Alliance area code is huge because of the timers, help request and all that. The game team might want to divert their attention to it because of the simple reason that my game just stopped to crash and all that after I left.
  • -Game Name: Kathryn ~ 14
    Device and Model: Iphone XR
    Device Operating System: IOS 14.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: The game keeps randomly just shutting down during fights. Ive lost champions is AQ and AW because the game is nor registering my dex or my parrys and it is extremely fustrating. I dont have the resources to chuck at the game when its not my fault this is happening. In AQ there have been some serious issues during the Mr fantastic mini boss fights. My bg had mr fantastic on 30% 4 TIMES! And he was back up to 52% each time we re entered the fight. That is just ridiculous. This needs to be fixed and NOW
  • Bigmoney1025Bigmoney1025 Posts: 115
    In-game name: ...bigmoney....
    iPad 6th generation
    Software version: 13.7
    Game version: 28.2.2
    Wifi
    Game crashes constantly when starting fights happens about every 20 to 30 mins depending on which content I’m doing it seems. Runs fine doing EQ for the most only crashes randomly during that. During arena tho it shuts off constantly and every 15-20 mins. Getting frustrated waiting for it to load back up only positive is the save fight mechanic works about 95% of the time.
  • Skitt214 kept crashing in AW and AQ fights
    So was losing so was losing in battles and costing me
  • Harit_kumarHarit_kumar Posts: 76
    IGN: harit kumar
    Device: iphone xr
    Software : latest ios 14.0.1
    Issue: since I updated the game to latest October update I'm getting kicked out of game especially in Aren just before the start of fights and it is happening between every 50-60 mins in arena if u play consistently.
    Help me.
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Lyra
  • OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61
    In-Game Name: Owlkit
    Device and Model: 2016 iPad Pro
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.0.1
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2 Latest update
    Game Mode: All aspects
    Description of issue: Still continuing after the latest mini update.
    Prior to or right after a fight the game shuts down and reboots. I haven't lost any fights and can pick them up when game reboots. There is nothing that happens prior that warns me this will happen. Very random.
  • Harishane11Harishane11 Posts: 3
    Also in the new side quest mephisto invasions. On epic difficulty on the 'hel' chapter with red hulk, when i keep going to fight she hulk on the poison route, everyone on that route keeps staying unstoppable and it doesnt stop. I checked nodes and abilities but no sign of that. Pls help if u know any info for this or just tell me if it is a misunderstanding and how to resolve the issue.
    Thank you.
  • Visigoth123Visigoth123 Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: VisigothX
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.7
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Alliance Quest and Arena (that I've noticed)
    Description of the Issue: Like it seems others are noting, I've been having periodic game crashes back to desktop happening right as a fight is supposed to start - e.g. before the animation starts of the Champions going towards each other. In Arena it seems to mainly just recover the fight when I go back in with no ill effects, but in Alliance Quest it's causing my chosen Champion to lose half their Health which as you can imagine is catastrophic in life altering effect. :-/
  • totheendoftotheendof Posts: 50
    In-Game Name: totheendof
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 9.7
    Device Operating System: iOS
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All of them
    Description of the Issue: game crashes at the beginning of fight, end of fight, in the middle of fight. Log back in and return to fight, sometime start over, sometime lose half of life, sometimes dead as door nail. Takes time to log back in this wastes the time of boosts. Hard to keep streak going.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Same issues as everyone else, game just closes mid fight and I lose half my health, controls don’t work properly, AI is ramped up beyond belief, can’t do a heavy hit as AI always counters and pummels my champs, AI launching special during my combos, still getting death squad after 3 sets of fights in arena, etc.... Yes Kabam, the same stuff as always but you don’t fix it!
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Yeah. Already reported second time with device specs and all that. Day 4 and zero issue after I left my alliance. I’m starting to think that there’s connection to alliance area game code.