**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto vs Dr. Voodoo

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
So I just used my Mephisto vs a Dr. Voodoo . and noticed Dr. Voodoo got his regen at the start of the fight .

Isn't Mephisto supposed to stop this?

I found this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/209640/mephisto-vs-venom-this-interaction-really-is-a-bug

but there wasn't any followup by Kabam on it ..

Just wondering how this is all supposed to work ?

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Berjibs said:

Voodoos increased AA?

From what I read that's only after he uses a special attack with a Even combo ... so that isn't applying yet.

And no, no nodes affecting this ...

(it's the Dr. Voodoo in first map on Epic side quest .. East gate ... Toxic nodes, and such .. but nothing affecting AAR on either side)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    dot_ditto said:

Berjibs said:

Voodoos increased AA?

From what I read that's only after he uses a special attack with a Even combo ... so that isn't applying yet.

(it's the Dr. Voodoo in first map on Epic side quest .. East gate ... Toxic nodes, and such .. but nothing affecting AAR on either side)
    he starts off with the effect from an even combo, so you would get the increased aa
    I can send a screenshot/quick video if you want
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’m not saying it’s the right answer, it’s just an idea, but his AA increases at the start of the fight hence why you regen more once duped.
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★

dot_ditto said:

Berjibs said:

Voodoos increased AA?

he starts off with the effect from an even combo, so you would get the increased aa
    Yes, totally agree. Also the same reason why you can't quake him on encroaching stun...found out the hard way lol.
    It's like a mini force of will node inbuilt in his kit.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    abqber said:

dot_ditto said:

Berjibs said:

Voodoos increased AA?

Yes, totally agree. Also the same reason why you can't quake him on encroaching stun...found out the hard way lol.
    It's like a mini force of will node inbuilt in his kit.
    ooh that's interesting
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    yes exactly what others have been saying increased Ability accuracy since he starts in even combo, this also applies to longshot and sabretooth with their increased ability accuracy (sabretooths regen so on masochism, vigor nodes) Longshot has a base 300% increased ability accuracy as well.
    ok .. so what about Mephisto vs Venom? like in the link .. I just fought venom as well ... he still starts with buffs ... again, Mephisto should shut those down .
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    dot_ditto said:

ok .. so what about Mephisto vs Venom? like in the link .. I just fought venom as well ... he still starts with buffs ... again, Mephisto should shut those down .

Against Venom, it has to be a bug since he doesn't start or have any additional ability accuracy like an awakened Voodoo does. The wording on Mephisto's Soul Imprisonment is to reduce the chances of the opponent's buffs from activating by 100% for 15 seconds at the *start of the fight*. Unless you fought Venom on nodes like Mystic Ward, it certainly is a bug.

Symbiote Supreme even nullifies all of Venom's buffs at the start of the fight and gains power from MD, unless again he's on a node that could modify your nullifying abilities.
    I was stupid enough to use Venom against pilfer node once, back in the day (probably in V1 or V2) and even that nullified all of my buffs and gave my opponent a bunch of power. A big *bruh* moment lol.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Mephisto's Soul Imprisonment is bugged -

Champs like Longshot, Archangel, Old Man Logan and Doctor Voodoo have abilities that can enable this, and are therefore (probably) working as intended.

Red Skull is supposed to have significantly (but unquantified) raised Ability Accuracy, but always starts with zero armour. He should usually start with at least some of his five stacks.

Awakened Thor is supposed to very slowly develop increased ability accuracy for his Fury effect; but it triggers 100% of the time even if you parry-stun him in the first second of the fight.

Conversely, as you have said, Venom shouldn't proc any of his buffs at the start because he doesn't have increased Ability Accuracy; but he does.

Interestingly, since I made that thread, they seem to have partly fixed it (although nothing is noted in the Changelog): Soul Imprisonment does now seem to stop him generating new buffs after the beginning of the fight, including it now stops the Klyntar buff from refreshing.
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    xNig summed it perfectly.
    It's either Mephisto or SymSupreme with bugged interaction.
    If you fix one, other will fail.
    xNig said:

Yes it’s definitely a bug.

SymSup used to have this bug as well and I’m guessing it’s a FIFO system, ie whichever procs first.

In the past, SymSup doesn’t nullify Venom’s buffs at the start. And that was fixed in a patch.

Im guessing (yes it’s a guess cause I’m not an expert at programming) what happened in the past was, in sequence:
    - Match starts / Champs start running to each other
    - Attacker abilities proc
    - Defender abilities proc

This explains why Meph was always able to stop Venom’s buffs before, whereas SymSup doesn’t nullify Venom’s buffs.

Then a fix was pushed out in an attempt to rectify the SymSup bug, and the sequence was changed to:
    - Match start
    - Defender abilities proc
    - Attacker abilities proc

This will then explain why SymSup works now but Meph doesn’t as Meph’s Soul Imprisonment does not nullify existing buffs.

Perfect .. thanks guys for explaining ... it's a tricky interaction scenario for sure it seems .. ;)

hopefully they find a better way of handling it .. but thanks for explaining existing stuff for me . makes more sense now ;)