**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

One Last Piece for The Team

laxthelaxthe Posts: 51
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys, I have been trying to assemble a team that can benefit each other with synergies and crush any content that is thrown at them (a bit exaggerated maybe). Anyways, I have managed to get a CAIW as a centerpiece for the team and looking for one last piece to rank up. Current 4 are:
-CAIW 5* r5 sig200
-Starky 5* r5 sig40
-Killmonger 5* r5 not awakened yet
-IMIW 5* r5 sig40

If you can share your opinion on the last piece with your reasoning it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Your team should be
    Quake
    Nick Fury
    Ghost
    Wasp
    Doom
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I’d go science for the weakness debuff on parries. Quake might be an excellent option
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    U can share ur roster
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    This is my team...

Omega red
    Ghost
    Corvus
    Nick fury
    Cmm

Although I sometimes swap nick for sabretooth or wasp, depending on which synergy is utilised the most. I run suicides and I like this team setup
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    Omega
    Sabertooth
    Nick
    Cmm
    Quake

Ideal team
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

This is my team...

Omega red
    Ghost
    Corvus
    Nick fury
    Cmm

Although I sometimes swap nick for sabretooth or wasp, depending on which synergy is utilised the most. I run suicides and I like this team setup

Looks good but I’d chuck a mystic in there to replace one of the Cosmics
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Hazzalec1 said:

This is my team...

Omega red
    Ghost
    Corvus
    Nick fury
    Cmm

The only mystic I would consider on my team is BWCV - very suicides friendly. Other than her, a lot of other mystic champs aren’t great with suicides (that’s the main reason). I also don’t run mystic dispersion :/
  • AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    Guys I get it. He is thinking about greater utility not greater power. I believe IMIW works really good but above suggestions are also good. I also think Thing is quite great too. I believe the other 4 you listed have great utility in almost any content. AW defence, offence AQ everything. You're on your way, man please tell us who you chose as last piece
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

Tiger360 said:

Hazzalec1 said:

This is my team...

Omega red
    Ghost
    Corvus
    Nick fury
    Cmm

The only mystic I would consider on my team is BWCV - very suicides friendly. Other than her, a lot of other mystic champs aren’t great with suicides (that’s the main reason). I also don’t run mystic dispersion :/
    Exactly who I would chuck in there :D BWCV is a beast
  • Red cyclops
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    laxthe said:

Hey guys, I have been trying to assemble a team that can benefit each other with synergies and crush any content that is thrown at them (a bit exaggerated maybe). Anyways, I have managed to get a CAIW as a centerpiece for the team and looking for one last piece to rank up. Current 4 are:
    -CAIW 5* r5 sig200
    -Starky 5* r5 sig40
    -Killmonger 5* r5 not awakened yet
    -IMIW 5* r5 sig40

If you can share your opinion on the last piece with your reasoning it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If what you are going is for synergies, I would replace Starky for Vision ( AoU one, classic also works). His synergies with IMIW and CAIW will give you a very powerful And reliable power controller ( which you lack in your team) and also a double immune champ (which you also currently lack on the team)

For the fifth slot, if I were you I wouldn't be seeking to settle with only one that is to be set in stone. I would leave the fifth slot as a sort of wildcard that is supposed to fill a particular need or to serve as a specific counter for the given content you're about to clear, irrespective of synergies. For example , some REALLY useful champions fort this fifth slot would be:

Archangel (duped)
    Red Magneto
    Medusa (duped)
    Quake
    Any of the god or beyond god tier mystics (Doom, Claire Voyant, Magik, Dr. Voodoo)
    Human Torch
    Ghost
    Iceman
    Aarkus
    Hyperion
    Aegon (duped and high sig)
    OR (duped and high sig)

These are some examples of champs that by filling that fifth slot, could give you a specific feature set or counter that none of your other 4 mainstay members would give you, even with their powerful synergies being taken into account.

Having said this, I don't think there's really one size fits all 5 member team that will work with every single piece of content in the game. However, IF there was such a team, I am sorry to say that none of those 4 of your mainstay members would be on it. Mind you, it is not that they are bad champs , quite the contrary , they are really good specially considering their synergies (again, swap starky for vision) , but there's so many other champs in the game that have much more of a swiss army knife character that would render your 4 chosen ones as VERY good for CERTAIN types of content, but rather mediocre (at best) for others. Which champs am I talking about? well a 5 member combination of : Warlock, Magik, Quake, Red Magneto,Ghost, AA, OR, NF, Hyperion would probably be better candidates for a much more of a swiss army knife team .... as they can counter many more of the game's problematic nodes, nodes that would destroy the 4 guys you chose for your team.

Hope it helps.