**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dash Back After Special Not working [Fix in Progress]

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Kabam, was altering the ability to move forward or back after using a special something that was implemented? or is this a bug?

I am running 11.1 IOS Iphone 7, connected to wifi so let's not blame the devices for this...

If this wasnt planned in the 15.0 update and is a true bug, if everyone is having the same issues, cant the game team emulate this and see what the deal is?

It is definitely not intentional, and is a bug. The Game team has been able to emulate it and have found a potential fix for the situation. We're currently testing it to ensure that it isn't creating any other issues. We're working our fastest and hardest to make sure that this fix is out to you as soon as it possibly can be, but this is a fix that requires engineering time!

These are the kind of responses we keep looking for vs the previous ones given that just basically say "we read the thread and are aware of the issues." Thanks, Miike

Is the amount of resources and units being forced on us being taken into consideration as well?

EDIT: any possibility of a fix before AQ?
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    @Kabam Miike are there beta testers for updates?
    We seem to be the ones who do it for these "beta testers" AND you.
    Are there beta testers and if there are... do they test the updates?
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    @Kabam Miike please let actual competitive players be the beta testers. The current group (if they exist) are obviously not qualified. Seems something big is wrong every update. There are trustworthy players in your community that can help.
  • BrnbbyBrnbby Posts: 51
    Simple mistakes and/or glitches have a heavy cost in the upper tiers of this game. Also in terms of cost there is a hefty premium in terms of real dollars to pay for some. Your game is rather pricey at the more competitive levels of this game. So for your paying customers this kind of thing is understandably
  • BrnbbyBrnbby Posts: 51
    Unacceptable
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Kabam, was altering the ability to move forward or back after using a special something that was implemented? or is this a bug?

I am running 11.1 IOS Iphone 7, connected to wifi so let's not blame the devices for this...

If this wasnt planned in the 15.0 update and is a true bug, if everyone is having the same issues, cant the game team emulate this and see what the deal is?

It is definitely not intentional, and is a bug. The Game team has been able to emulate it and have found a potential fix for the situation. We're currently testing it to ensure that it isn't creating any other issues. We're working our fastest and hardest to make sure that this fix is out to you as soon as it possibly can be, but this is a fix that requires engineering time!
    WUT?? Is this an answer by kabam??? D: can't believe it D:
    Now how long to fix this? 2, 3 month?
  • Sloppy development
  • MaduBearMaduBear Posts: 4
    I've noticed the same thing too but also noticed it on dashing forward on characters like hulk that the special attacks stun and I can't then dash forward to then use the time to string an attack together.
    I'm on Samsung Galaxy S8 running latest android all up to date with version 7.1.1
  • vip662009vip662009 Posts: 32
    Hi team,

Same happening with me after using special attack and my device details are

Model Moto g 5 plus
    Android version 7.0

Summary of issue:- whenever I'm using spl attack the recovery time is hugely increased and impacting everything like dash back, dash forward, chaining combos with Parry.

It's not specifically one champ or particular rank.

Hoping we'll get a fix sooner @Kabam Miike
  • Every patch we are supposedely getting a fix for parries, and everytime something gets broken in the process. This new issue is unacceptable and is making the game unplayable at hard levels. You launch a special - you end up KO...
  • Jac094 wrote: »

A lot less than 2 or 3 months :tongue: I don't have an exact timeline right now, but when I do, I will let you all know!
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I bet it will be fixed quickly because they have Comic-Con next week. Wouldn't want a special event with a broken game.
    There's no way anyone, beta or developers, played this update before it launched. This was a glaring fubar. All a person had to do was actually play the game and it was unavoidable to see..wtf
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    Thank You Very much @Kabam Miike .
    We all Are waiting for fix this bug Asap ^_^
  • Meh
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    @Kabam Miike
    You all better delay AQ and AW until this is resolved, I'm not about to go through another bug that makes me lose my champs because you broke the game.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Jac094 wrote: »

A lot less than 2 or 3 months :tongue: I don't have an exact timeline right now, but when I do, I will let you all know!

Is it safe to assume the likelihood of it being fixed before AQ is low? Other than the obvious issue other examples we will suffer is power gain nodes where champs like vision or magic MUST be able to use their specials. Not using them is gonna be rough, but using them is gonna force damage on ourselves.
  • So far only noticed the issue with Gwenpool but it's extremely frustrating!

Moto X Pure
    Android 7.0
    @Kabam Miike are there beta testers for updates?
    We seem to be the ones who do it for these "beta testers" AND you.
    Are there beta testers and if there are... do they test the updates?

@Kabam Miike hello? Answer the question. Why do you ignore our beta test question?
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Please don't just fix dash back, it's actually any action
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    3qxt22spa4q8.gif

WS against blade Master 1.2 Screen touch was turned on you can see holding the block but it doesn't go up after using sp1

Seriously, this sums it up. Players used to be able to interrupt the remainder of our own champion's SP1 and SP2 animation, but after this update we can't anymore.

This hurts all those champs that has long animations after their SPs, like WS, Punisher, Deadpool, Gambit, Hulk, etc.

C'mon man, since when using SP attacks have a trade off of letting the AI combo the **** out of you right after?

Well looking at it, there's so much space between WS and blade there's no excuse for the block not to go up...

The only explanation is that the bug prevents any action from the player's champion during the SP's animation.

If you watch closely, WS hasn't finish keeping his guns yet. So it's probably bugged to have the player not able to do anything as long as the animation isn't complete.

You should see Deadpool moonwalking to his own death. Not amused.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    this is terrible man... absolutely terrible.
  • Dizzy_DeanDizzy_Dean Posts: 8
    I’ve been doing event quest as well as act 5. This is a problem considering the difficulty of act 5. After using a special you are no longer able to immediately dash back and parry isn’t cooperating quite as well as it should, either. I’ve also noticed it isn’t registering block as well (possibly bc same side of the screen is being used for dash back). I understand new content means new bugs, it’s become the norm, sadly; however, they should be fixed as promptly as possible. Many people love this game. Don’t let this be the reason people rage quit, kabam.
  • MIGS_1206MIGS_1206 Posts: 6
    Every update comes with more and more bugs which were working fine previously. Why change something if it’s working just fine? I’m having the same problem using specials as everyone else, with all champs on my iphone 6s with the latest update done. And do you think Kabam will compensate us loyal players, some of us who have been playing this game for years now? No chance! Getting sick and tired of this, and i’m not the only one as you can see. How long will it take to fix these bugs????
    @Kabam Miike
    are there beta testers?
    Are the updates being tested by them?
    Are you going to keep messing with game mechanics without our opinions on the matter?
    Stop ignoring this post Miike, these are important things that shouldn't be ignored if there are actual beta testers you'd answer by now... right?
  • RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31
    Hulk vs any champion after s1 in arena
    Hawkeye vs green goblin s1 in aw
    This bug is happening many often
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Jac094 wrote: »

Will this take longer, shorter or about the same amount of time to fix the double dash back bug?
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Lenovo Z2 plus. Android 7.0 and mcoc 15.1.
    Having issues with Hyperion's L2, where he just stand there after using l2. I can't block or dash back or anything