**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Do Fights DC After A Win?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

Self explanatory post: the above photos paint the picture.

Summoner wins a fight. Fight moves to champion victory dance. Game freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute. Game disconnects.

Summoner throws hands up in frustration and hits “Reconnect.” Anywhere from a minute to a few minutes later, the game reconnects and Summoner checks to see if the fight win has registered or he has suffered a 50% health penalty.

Why has this become a common occurrence in game? What can be done to fix it?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    If you have an iPhone a workaround is to open control center by pulling on the top right corner of the screen, close it, and it will reconnect and work.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It is probably because the fight mostly plays out on your phone. And after the fight and the dance. The game seeks a connection again and recognises it is lost.
    Hence you never can get into the fight at the point the connection is lost, because the fight itself does not require a connection. Maybe there are just some savety points during a fight (every 10 seconds or so) to check if there is connection. But otherwise, the fights happens on your phone.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    OP is correct though. This never happens after a loss. It seems the game by default assumes you lose unless it connects at the end of each fight, and checks. So if the server or code is bugged as it is this month, you will always run the risk of the 50% lost health bug with disconnecting and losses in arena.
    @Bugmat78 I have had it happen after a loss, and it actually benefitted me.
    I think it seems like it only happens after a win, because most of the time, you win.
    If it is the other way around, you have bigger problems than connection issues.
    You just happen to remember situations more clearly if it hurt you.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    @Giuliameij that has always been my understanding as well. But I wonder...if you win a fight, is there not some notation saved on your device that then gets communicated when you log in after a DC? Shouldn’t there be?

I have had some good luck here—a Variant 1 fight that locked up after a win and wound up being credited as a win when I logged in, for example. This type of thing happened a few times in the past two days.

But also an AQ fight, which wound up a half-health penalty after I brought the game back up. And an AW fight, similarly.

With regularity, I notice the network icon popping up during fights as well.

Bottom line: it is a problem that happened some over the past few months, but is now a feature of nearly every fight in the current update. At a minimum, the game team should do something to ameliorate the situation while it persists, and then something else to attempt to offset resource consumption once it is resolved.

Dr. Zola
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    This has always been an issue but more frequently for the past 2 years i believe. I hope, Kabam could implement a solution to this in a way that

if disconnected due to possibly bad servers, Emergency Maintenance, etc
    we don't lose 50% and no death count applied

if disconnected due to wifi or bad internet
    we lose 50% and death count applied

if you manually closed out the game intentionally

This has always been an issue but more frequently for the past 2 years i believe. I hope, Kabam could implement a solution to this in a way that

if disconnected due to possibly bad servers, Emergency Maintenance
    we don't lose 50% and no death count applied

if disconnected due to wifi or bad internet

if you manually closed out the game intentionally

I have to say, I think the “one freebie” rule should be good across all MCoC content.

Is there a chance it gets abused in competitive play (AW, AQ)? Definitely—but I think the game should err on the side of the player there. If this were a console game, where players aren’t also receiving calls, emails, texts and other notifications mid-fight, then my answer is different. The CRS doesn’t let you change champs or throw on a boost—it makes you fight with what you had.

Beyond the “one freebie,” it would be nice if a win registered locally on the phone and was able to be read by the game server at next log in, regardless of whether the game DCs at the end of the fight.

Dr. Zola
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

If you have an iPhone a workaround is to open control center by pulling on the top right corner of the screen, close it, and it will reconnect and work.

similarly, on android, or at least my phone, you can open up the app switcher/multi tasker thing and stay on it for at least five-ten seconds and go back in
    @Thicco_Mode and @Crcrcrc will give that a shot. Only doing UC and low level Hades now, so it doesn’t really matter that much, but that may come in handy next month.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

similarly, on android, or at least my phone, you can open up the app switcher/multi tasker thing and stay on it for at least five-ten seconds and go back in
    I close mcoc for 0.043289 seconds and it chooses to restart :D
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I close mcoc for 0.043289 seconds and it chooses to restart :D
    Oh God, me too 😭
    @DrZola
    That actually is not a bad idea. I just don`t know how exploitable it is. It might very easily be hacked to always register a win.
    I am not a programmer (only have some basic understanding of C# ) so I do not know.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I’ve been disconnect while getting my teeth kicked in and about 3 hits from getting killed but completely lost connection. Was able to come back and no get hit once 😂.

I’ve also been at the win screen and it freezes, then game disconnects and come back to a fight I have to redo with no lost health in regulars quests or half health in AQ/WAR 😡