**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Magneto Sig Ability not working

DevinMGDevinMG Posts: 11
edited October 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
My 5* R5 Mags has a total health pool of 40,841. His sig ability says that he cannot take more than 7,458 damage from ANY single source. So why, I ask, was Colossus able to 17,970 damage (44% of total health) to me in one hit of his L3? I can’t think of a more clear-cut example of “single source” of damage than an L3 from Colossus: literally one hit. I love the new update for Magneto, but as usual...every Kabam fix/update comes at the expense of breaking something else.
This cost me an attack bonus and a bunch of potions in AW. This needs to get fixed ASAP, Kabam.

Comments

• DevinMGDevinMG Posts: 11
    Oh, and for additional info: This was on node 32 on expert map in AW. No ability accuracy reduction or anything...just Chitinous Thorns and enhanced armor. Nothing that should have caused Magneto’s sig ability not to trigger.
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    Magnetos signature ability does not reduce damage from sp3, it used to say that in the description but doesn't now for whatever reason
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    Im curious about the wording 'preventing him from loosing more than 'X' health from any single damage source.' (unless it inherently specify - except from sp3 attacks)
    It doesn't mention that any special attacks will supercede this 'single damage source'.. so damage is capped at amount equivalent to the signature level.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    it used to state that special 3 damage doesn't cap no matter ur sig, but they removed it from the description for some reason, he still cant cap sp3s tho, which is intended to happen, but the text in his sig isn't there anymore idk why
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

• DevinMGDevinMG Posts: 11
    Like what Patchie93 posted, it looks like they actually did specify in the dev diary notes that the sig ability doesn’t apply to L3 attacks (which, for the record, is a dumb exception that makes his ability mostly useless)...but then Kabam decided not to include that particular caveat in the actual in-game description of Magneto. And I’m sorry (not sorry), but the in-game description should really be the source of truth, not some random blog post. Kabam needs to update the in-game description ASAP.