**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What was the 12.0 update?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
I hadn’t even heard of this game during the 12.0 update. I heard it was a very controversial thing and lots of the player base quit. Can someone explain to me what it was and what happened?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Nerfed almost everyone good (Thor, Doctor Strange, Switch, etc) and made lots of people made.

Seatin has videos on it.

It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.

It’s a Sith legend
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    It was a complete MCOC overhaul. Masteries were changed, characters were nerfed, flat stats were introduced, gameplay feel was reworked, a lot of stuff happened after it.
  • StarzStarz Posts: 153
    It was the worst update ever. We rallied together as a community to show our frustration and got the rank down tix
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah it was a complete change of how the whole combat system worked. I think overall, it was good
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    You can search "mcoc update 12.0 patch notes" on google and you will find more detailed info about it, since the original post disappeared from the forums

You can search "mcoc update 12.0 patch notes" on google and you will find more detailed info about it, since the original post disappeared from the forums

Why did it? Was it because of the backlash?
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    The great massacre of 12.0...

That does not bring back good memories.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Hell.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★

It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.

have you ever heard of the tragedy of darth plageuis the wise?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★

Why did it? Was it because of the backlash?
    No, they relaunched the forums since.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    One item I recall (although it may be selective memory) is that there were several offers for good $$$ came out just before the 12.0 overhaul. Most players who spent on them used them for the very champs who were specific targets for neutering by 12.0.

That’s a major reason players brought out the pitchforks.

Dr. Zola