**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please help, Advice on Winter Soldier as first 6 star R3 for Thronebreaker

ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I quite like the champs and have him naturally duped. Am thinking about doing this rank up as he's the only good skill champ I have atm (only other remotely decent one is unduped Nightthrasher) and I use him with the killmonger synergy.

Do you think it's wise to R3 him to get Thronebreaker in time for the cyber weekend deals? Or will I regret it later on?

My thoughts about this are there are 4 champions I could pull that would make me regret the rank up
1) Nick Fury
2) Hit Monkey
3) BW Movie
4) Stealth Spidey

So the chances of pulling any of these 4 is very low (I dont really count aegon since he really needs a dupe and 6 star dupes are almost impossible atm)

What do you all think, should I be 1 of the first-the first player to R3 a winter soldier?

Please help, Advice on Winter Soldier as first 6 star R3 for Thronebreaker 101 votes

YES! Take Bucky up to R3!
33%
zuffyLuciusVorenusTerraSungjUnsilentMoot4LifeCupidLunaeJumpthesharkLmaoScopeotoe987Ghostboytjiespaceoctopusragnarok_947No_oneukDonrefreBerserker22TotalMonster109ddomCapn_Dante 34 votes
NO! Forget about thronebreaker and save the Skill T5CC!
66%
Mr_PlatypusIndrick781Lightburn22bloodyCainBazingoPsychoakumayossnameplasMqc19AanthoPizzabeatSgtSlaughter78DuffMcGruffRasiloverPanchulon21Tarun46HeattblasttShtickRickRepto23Stellar 67 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★

do you actually wanna r3 him? Or are you just doing it for thronebreaker?

Id you are ranking just for the title, then save it. If you actually like the champ and use him, then do it

I do want to rank 3 him but the reason I'm rushing is for thronebreaker (mainly for the cyber weekend thronebreaker deals)

In my mind, atm I consider him the 5th best skill champ (behind Nick, Hit Monkey, BW Movie and Stealthy) so I do want to rank him up but I would probably have waited until next year to see if I pull 1 of these 4 if not for the thronebreaker title

I wouldn’t take him past rank 2. There are so many more game changing rank ups.

Honestly the thronebreak title isn’t game changing yet. The 4 hour crystals might be better (havent opened mine yet and won’t for a while) the daily crystal is cool but not worth using a whole t5cc for. The calendar hasn’t even launched. The free cavalier crystal every 2 weeks isn’t worth it. The solo objectives for thronebreaker have even launched. I honestly would wait until thronebreaker is more than just what we have now.

Do you think it's safe to wait until Cyber weekend itself before making the rankup? I'm actually ranking more for the cyber weekend deals more than the 4 hour/daily crystals
    DrZola said:

Probably a “hold your nose and rank” situation. Whales on the forums suggest getting a R3 is just a gateway to getting more R3 stuff with all the TB goodies. Not saying that’s true, but that’s what “they” say.

Dr. Zola

Yes, that's something I'm thinking about. Like I'm spending 1 T5CC but if the cyber weekend thronebreaker deals are a lot better than cavalier, might be getting that T5CC back almost immediately.

Since Kill summoned me.

YESS YESS AND YESS R3 him!!.

once I get my t5 skill ima r3 mine. He is sooo much fun with his damage. He can easily do more damage than SL and has more Utility.

I used my r2 6* ws and r5 KM

WS on 100 hits is a BEAST!! I did x3 LoL paths with him. First 1 was r1 ws and I got a Maestro Solo.

Did use him in act 6 Also and he did Very well.

Thanks for this input. Yes, I actually really like Winter Soldier too, this rankup isn't just purely for Thronebreaker, I do use him too.

I find he's basically a better version of Starlord (more reliable power drain and faster ramp up) for most content since especially at 6R3, I doubt he'll be going past 100 hits in most fights. With that said, some people have questioned his utility so can I ask you @Ghostboytjie have you found your 6R2 useful in ACT 6 Exploration? Asking as that's my next goal. I've mostly explored 6.1 but 6.2-4 are only just easy path clear
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    You should do it as it sounds like you enjoy playing him and he is quite good with synergies and there are worse mediocre skill champs to take to r3
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Well I did explore 6.1 and a few 6.2 paths etc. He did really well. I used in him 6.4 completion since their HP is high. He did take out some paths Fairly easy. i'd say he will def help in explore since he melts some paths except where there are some nodes that makes it hard for him. other than that He defs helps in act 6

So here's the deal, you said you would only regret ranking him if you pulled 1 of those 4 champions. Now hear me out, if you pulled one of those 4 you would be sad that you ranked him, but now you have to be happy since you pulled one of the god tier skill champs.

Yup, my logic also is the chance of pulling 1 of those 4 is so low. It's like 4/130 or something. So something like 3% chance.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    ddom said:

do you actually wanna r3 him? Or are you just doing it for thronebreaker?

Id you are ranking just for the title, then save it. If you actually like the champ and use him, then do it

I do want to rank 3 him but the reason I'm rushing is for thronebreaker (mainly for the cyber weekend thronebreaker deals)

In my mind, atm I consider him the 5th best skill champ (behind Nick, Hit Monkey, BW Movie and Stealthy) so I do want to rank him up but I would probably have waited until next year to see if I pull 1 of these 4 if not for the thronebreaker title
    then rank him up
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Historically, deals have opened up when titles are unlocked during cyber weekend. Wait and see what the deals are.
  • YES! Take Bucky up to R3!
    I actually like him. I do intend on taking my 5* to R5 when I have got my priority rank ups out of the way.

If you’re going to hang around for the very best option in each class you could be waiting a while. The question you need to ask is - will I use him? If the answer is yes, then do it.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    It's super worth it. I've had two 4500 t5cc so far, the rewards from the daily crystal would offset any future losses from not taking up someone like Nick instead - who knows how long until you even pull one of the "best" skill anyway!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Morton said:

Anyone who is saying yes. Tell them to provide actual proof that they have a *6r2 Winter Soldier

check @Ghostboytjie latest post.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    mm @SpideyFunko I dont know if I should thank you or 🤔

But yes I do have a r2 6* WS and Its on my latest post on a picture ( for evidence)
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    R3 him. My R4 5* is so fun to play with killmonger
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t. But if you genuinely like the character, go for it.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Winter soldier is a nice champion to have, particularly if dupe and in synergy with Killmonger.
    But, i would save the T5CC for a champion like Nick Fury, Aegon, Stealth Spidy or Hit Monkey
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    First and foremost, enjoy him.

An r2 God tier and an r3 you enjoy are pretty comparable. Odds of pulling a god tier are low and even at r2 they'll pull their weight.
    Thanks for all the input. I think I'll wait till cyber weekend, see what the gap between cavalier and thronebreaker deals are and then decide
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Why are you so afraid of lagging behind?
    It is ok. Chill.

Once you get a good champ, then go ahead to R3 and get the stupid Thronebreaker title