**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman Immunity

Why isn't the ice man immune to the cold wave? What is the explanation for this Kabam ???

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    There is some 0 energy BS but mainly because it’s just a game... and Iceman was the first and only champ with cold snap at the time making him to be to OP? 🤷‍♂️ They could change it now but it takes time.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I guess it takes time, gr is immune now. Also waiting for dorm incinerate immunity and rulk consuming his heat charge to shrug off cold debuff
  • MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★
    edited October 2020

If I had a dollar for every time one of these posts were made I would be a billionaire

I have a warning because I insulted the last person who posted about this ... So this time I will be polite :D .

So, there are many threads that include some explanation. The first main reason is: because it's Kabam's logic. Not everything makes sense in this game, not all the characters are as bad/OP as in the comic books. Kabam had to establish their own rules (and we can agree or disagree with some of them).
    The second main reason is: iceman is made of organic ice. If you want to fight cold (in this game), in general, you need to produce heat. Iceman doesn't, and he is organic so, some people could argue that he can be affected by even colder temperatures.

I am not saying that I agree or disagree with Kabam's logic, I'm just trying to explain it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Better yet: Why should he be immune?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

If I had a dollar for every time one of these posts were made I would be a billionaire

You’d be a billionaire with a dime per thread.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    It's flat out **** that Iceman isn't immune to coldsnap and frostbite.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Better yet: Why should he be immune?

then why is sunspot incinerate immune
    Oh, that should be obvious
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

To be fair, you'd probably only have about a hundred dollars
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Next question: why isn’t Sunspot ColdSnap-immune? He is literally on fire!

Next-next question: why isn’t Ghost Rider Coldsnap-immune? He is literally on fire!

Next-next-next question: why isn’t Dormammu ColdSnap-immune? He is literally on fire!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Don't think of it as any kind of sensical explanation. Kabam goes for game balance over comic science because it makes more sense to their business model.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    because of lots of reasons.

However, because if he was then the only dot debuff that could hurt him would be shock and degen.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

Why isn't the ice man immune to the cold wave? What is the explanation for this Kabam ???

reason why is because they probably didn't think of this. when iceman first came out he was the only coldsnap damage dealer. Fast forward few years later, now we have nodes dealing coldsnap, also Elsa B, etc. So maybe if we keep on begging kabam for the next 2 years they might actually make him coldsnap and frostbite immune :). like they did with their most recent update making GR incinerate immune.

• Korg said:

There's less people on Global chat who want 'seggs' than the people on the forums who want Iceman to be coldsnap/frostbite immune....

“Are there any girls here?!?” Lmao

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Why isn’t mephisto death immune? He’s literally a demon. Demons shouldn’t be able to die. There’s no logic in mcoc smh
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Give iceman energy resistance
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    Looking to order a champ with all immunities curently in the game even the passive nodes.Thanks in advance.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

Why isn’t mephisto death immune? He’s literally a demon. Demons shouldn’t be able to die. There’s no logic in mcoc smh

Because he's not dead. Just "knocked out".
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 305 ★★★
    Yeah - and why isn't Ghost Rider incinerate immune?

Oh wait...