**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Difficulty bugged?

Jumped into the only arena I grind (Crystal Trove) and come across this:

Never had Medium or Hard come up on the second and third win... Thats always around 10+ winstreak...

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I don't think it is a bug. It was the intended result of the match making changes. While they are definitely more challenging than the first four rollover fights, they are still fairly easy.
  • haloless0haloless0 Posts: 59

“Medium” and “Hard” doesn’t actually mean anything (at least, not really).

More important is what the individual PI are (or what Star/Rank/Level they are) compared to yours. And paying attention to whether opponent “top matchup” versus that teams total Team Rating would indicate whether you will find an “unbalanced” opponent team there or not (ie, team rating is low like yours, but the 1 visible opponent is maybe 1 or 2 ranks higher, would mean hard 2 fights with a really easy 1st fight).

And maybe wanting to avoid a potential nuisance opponent if one is visible.

The difficulty does mean something beyond just PI. Harder AI will block/parry/intercept more proficiently and will generally be a harder fight. Beyond that fact, though... Why is this happening? It wasnt like this for the last year. Even before Kabam rolled out the changes that they just rolled back.
    TheVyrus said:

I don't think it is a bug. It was the intended result of the match making changes. While they are definitely more challenging than the first four rollover fights, they are still fairly easy.

They rolled back those changes... And last week (when the changes were active) I didnt experience this either.
    And that NightMonkey I fought wasnt an easy fight 😓 First time I lost a round before hitting a 7 winstreak 😢
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    haloless0 said:

TheVyrus said:

They rolled back those changes... And last week (when the changes were active) I didnt experience this either.
    And that NightMonkey I fought wasnt an easy fight 😓 First time I lost a round before hitting a 7 winstreak 😢
    They did say they were rolling them back, but I think they said they were still going to leave AI increase in place. I could be mistaken about that.
    It is more difficult for sure, was only referencing the first 4 fights. I personally had far more 2-1 series than ever before too.
  • Yes, AI changes were gonna remain, only the Streak and matchmaking (there is no such thing, lol) was rolled back.

So yes, problem before was AI being to lax and not being aggressive or using their SP's. So now they are more aggressive and using SP's basically all along even in early (pre 15) matches.
    So, you actually want them to show as labeled Medium or Hard. If you can’t handle that (which is really normal play thru most of game) then there are deeper concerns.
  • You DON'T want a match to be labeled “EASY” at match 13 when you are outgunned trying to get past with just r3 champs against AI which wanted to hold onto their SP3 and then kill you in a single blow (or followed by further stuns from the SP3 in order to kill you off).
    (First: I must clarify that the changes were rolled back before last Sunday's arena. I mistakenly stated the changes were active last week when it was actually the week before)
    What you call the "label" is AI difficulty... I dont think that my first match should have the same AI difficulty as my 10th match did last Sunday. I shouldnt have to worry about AI with God-tier parry/block/intercept manning accounts using suicide masteries on the first/second match... And thats really my point in this; There is a marked difference in this weeks arena in comparison to last weeks. Last Sunday, I could mindlessly breeze thru the first few matches and only had to focus on the fights after hitting 7+ winstreak. I can handle harder fights, just wondering where this massive change came from... And saddened by the fact that the mediocre rewards from arena dont justify an increased difficulty in the grind. The other areas of the game with similar difficulties provide much better rewards, making the increase in difficulty worthwhile... So, if this is what Arena has become then I will just hard pass.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    The arena AI is terrible now, AI is throwing specials, which is good, but is very passive other times and has been doing the “do nothing until you move & then immediately hit you” move again. Match-ups are terrible too.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    You do crystal trove arena???? Loooool. Most pointless arena in the game. Most pointless...anything in the game. If it doesnt have units or catalysts, don't do it.
    Crys23 said:

You do crystal trove arena???? Loooool. Most pointless arena in the game. Most pointless...anything in the game. If it doesnt have units or catalysts, don't do it.

Not pointless if u need to build up ur roster... Most of my champs suck, and arent worth ranking. So grinding cats would be more pointless to me than grinding for shards. Value depends on your needs, and grinding to rank Mordo, Civil Warrior, Winter Soldier or Groot (or any of the other subpar champ Ive pulled thus far) isnt as valuable to me as getting a decent roster. Then I will focus on rank-up materials...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The Kang and Thanos Teams are used in place of other Players when there aren't enough people in the Arena. It can happen early in the Grind when few people are in there yet.
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    I never had problem crossing 15+ streak after whatever changes they made or roll backed the matchups have become difficult I have lost my streak twice under 10 match’s my highest streak is 151 and I have been playing for years so I know this changes made the arena worst than before