**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Cavalier Monthly Biohazard Global is Unhealthy

In resonance with the theme of cav event quest the chapter should enhance mutants but it does not at all. 50% bleed reduction does not help mutants. And then kabam added biohazard global node.
Even with full points in willpower it is 150 per tick. 300 damsge per second. After 2 combos you can get 3 stacks of this or more. More than 1000 damage per second. Which is bonkers even for R5 5Stars.

There are global nodes like the tech chapter which does not benefit most of the tech champs at all to be practical. But we can bring other champions to that chapter.
But the Biohazard chapter being the penultimate one has various nodes such as encroaching stun along with power drain nodes. Add to that huge health pools and newer champs who all have unique defensive abilities.

Now, the problem here is that champions who are immune to both debuffs are few in number and even those who are only immune to bleed alone are very few in number; close to 10-15% or so champions in the whole of 170+ ( i believe)

But the damage output of these champions are very very mediocre. Even with 60% attack synergy from Warlock+ultron it takes a r4 dormammu , ultron etc 150+ hits just to take down one defender. Which is highly impractical to go along with nodes like encroaching stun where ai purposefully time specials to disrupt attacker. This is not a node like bane which you can recover from with skill.
Once the stun sets in one combo and your champs take 80% health damage. Which is hilarious compared to the 150-200 hits takeb to take them down. (Again, by R4 champs with 60% attack boost)

So the chapter is significantly against bringing mutants or immunity champions. Buffed up chapter and science debuff chapter is good because we still have other options outside said classes who can finish the fight in say 100 hits or less. But this chapter is in poor taste and does not encourage skill play but champion requirements that extremely limits champion usage.

I urge kabam to either
1) Restrict the global biohazard node to one path, or
2) Move it to first chapter (which above mentioned champions with synergies or boosts can manage) or
3) Make the global node such that Mutants shrugg off bleed and poison 80% faster or potency is reduced for mutants to same amount. This way they still take damage as the debuffs do stack. But is a reasonable damage rather than losing half your health from landing 2 combos (not getting hit at all). This way the theme of the class based chapter is kept in check but also it brings the chapter to the same difficulty degree as the other chapters.

Thankyou for your time

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Magneto and Omega Red beg to differ with you.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Magneto and Omega Red beg to differ with you.

Yes because everybody has them
    You want more? Here. All 5 other chapters actively modifies attacker DPS if you satisfy node criteria but this chapter does the opposite.

Bring mutant champions who do not have 80% + resistance will be killed without even getting hit once after a few combos as the bleeds tick for 1200+ per second. Which is absurd. Or else the node should reward players for bringing bleed immune champs from all classes than make it a slug fest which is zero fun and rubbish given the rewards.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious can you please move this to general discussion?
    In all honesty the benefit you get from the Mutant part of the node isn't really that helpful. You'd be better off bringing someone who's bleed/poison immune and doing the fights. Mutants don't make the fights go faster. I used OR and Magneto for most of the fights, Warlock for some and Dragon Man for some. OR is the best if you don't try and conver the prowless. Just use the bleeds to get spores on the defender.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Ghost goes brrrrr
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    The problem isn't with biohazard it's with the Mutant buff, making it 100% would be perfect. Switching out the Prowess thingy for extra attack for each bleed on you would be alright as well but really not needed.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

In all honesty the benefit you get from the Mutant part of the node isn't really that helpful. You'd be better off bringing someone who's bleed/poison immune and doing the fights. Mutants don't make the fights go faster. I used OR and Magneto for most of the fights, Warlock for some and Dragon Man for some. OR is the best if you don't try and conver the prowless. Just use the bleeds to get spores on the defender.

Omega Red healing off the bleed allowed me to solo entire paths with him last month, and his special damage is wild by the end. There are fights this month you have to deviate but Omega is a baller.
  • _colo_colo Posts: 50
    Cavalier was designed for deep rosters.

Encroaching stun is similar to bane. It takes a similar skill to get around it. They even made stun a bit less painful since you get an armor buff when it happens. Not gonna lie, stun caught me a couple times. But it became easier the more I ran it. Sometimes it sucks because the defender would hold onto specials and would finally throw once the stun timer was close to expiring. That would leave me stunned coming out, but the extra armor helped with the damage I took.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Have the roster for this but I find it boring especially playing around with the same characters last month

Edit: Well maybe apart from omega red
  • Prajval849Prajval849 Posts: 16
    I do get your point of view. Me as new cavalier title reciever with limited roster(no OR) , i do feel that this quest is sweaty for me and little slip ups cost revives which i really am not willing to use on it. I think Biohazard should be replaced by some bleed focused node as there are not much dual immune champs and chances for slip ups can reduce.

I do get your point of view. Me as new cavalier title reciever with limited roster(no OR) , i do feel that this quest is sweaty for me and little slip ups cost revives which i really am not willing to use on it. I think Biohazard should be replaced by some bleed focused node as there are not much dual immune champs and chances for slip ups can reduce.

Classic case of "make it easier because I'm not ready". Act 6 shouldn't be available until you 100% acts 1-5.
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    I'll at least agree that encroaching stun has no business in any content of the game. What an awful pain in the butt
    Haji_Saab said:

Cavalier and cant handle biohazard which is an act 5 node ... 😂😂

May be you like a slug fest. May be you can rig the crystals and give me hard hitting champs who are immune . Read properly before you comment mister

Classic case of "make it easier because I'm not ready". Act 6 shouldn't be available until you 100% acts 1-5.
    If you have no input why the Are you here. "Oh a lost lets post nonsense as reply"
    Haji_Saab said:

They did 2 of my suggestions who is laughing now genius?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I agree, having biohazard in all paths as a global node is really painful for the mutant chapter. In general this month's EQ was a lot more difficult for us middle range players than the past ones. I usually use half to 70% of the revives I get from completing the quest to get the 100% for the rewards, but this time I don't think they ll be enough..
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Don't necro threads, they already adjusted the global for the mutant cav eq to open up the entire mutant class. The discussion in this post has ended and the problem was addressed
    Searmenis said:

I agree, having biohazard in all paths as a global node is really painful for the mutant chapter. In general this month's EQ was a lot more difficult for us middle range players than the past ones. I usually use half to 70% of the revives I get from completing the quest to get the 100% for the rewards, but this time I don't think they ll be enough..

It's 90% bleed reduction for mutant's.... Gut gud.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    rel="Demonzfyre">
    Searmenis said:

It's 90% bleed reduction for mutant's.... Gut gud.

Exactly!!!

Read the nodes. Gee-juz.

Any mutant can do this, even non bleed immune. And especially if you have coagulate unlocked.

So many whiners. So little skill. Don't hit into block, easy peasy. Hard counters are any bleed/poison immune (robots), or any bleed immune (too many to list).

Mutants that get a benefit are omega, magneto, Colossus, Iceman, Emma, Gambit, apocalypse, but with 90% bleed reduction any mutant can do this if you don't hit into block. Cav eq is supposed to require some skill. Holy crud. The cringe is crazy hot in this post.

Sunspot just took down NF and is still 💯. Not bleed immune and not poison immune. So, what's the problem O.P.?!?!

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

In resonance with the theme of cav event quest the chapter should enhance mutants but it does not at all. 50% bleed reduction does not help mutants. And then kabam added biohazard global node.
    Even with full points in willpower it is 150 per tick. 300 damsge per second. After 2 combos you can get 3 stacks of this or more. More than 1000 damage per second. Which is bonkers even for R5 5Stars.

There are global nodes like the tech chapter which does not benefit most of the tech champs at all to be practical. But we can bring other champions to that chapter.
    But the Biohazard chapter being the penultimate one has various nodes such as encroaching stun along with power drain nodes. Add to that huge health pools and newer champs who all have unique defensive abilities.

Now, the problem here is that champions who are immune to both debuffs are few in number and even those who are only immune to bleed alone are very few in number; close to 10-15% or so champions in the whole of 170+ ( i believe)

But the damage output of these champions are very very mediocre. Even with 60% attack synergy from Warlock+ultron it takes a r4 dormammu , ultron etc 150+ hits just to take down one defender. Which is highly impractical to go along with nodes like encroaching stun where ai purposefully time specials to disrupt attacker. This is not a node like bane which you can recover from with skill.
    Once the stun sets in one combo and your champs take 80% health damage. Which is hilarious compared to the 150-200 hits takeb to take them down. (Again, by R4 champs with 60% attack boost)

So the chapter is significantly against bringing mutants or immunity champions. Buffed up chapter and science debuff chapter is good because we still have other options outside said classes who can finish the fight in say 100 hits or less. But this chapter is in poor taste and does not encourage skill play but champion requirements that extremely limits champion usage.

I urge kabam to either
    1) Restrict the global biohazard node to one path, or
    2) Move it to first chapter (which above mentioned champions with synergies or boosts can manage) or
    3) Make the global node such that Mutants shrugg off bleed and poison 80% faster or potency is reduced for mutants to same amount. This way they still take damage as the debuffs do stack. But is a reasonable damage rather than losing half your health from landing 2 combos (not getting hit at all). This way the theme of the class based chapter is kept in check but also it brings the chapter to the same difficulty degree as the other chapters.

Thankyou for your time

Isn’t the mutant node -90% bleed damage?
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★

Haji_Saab said:

May be you like a slug fest. May be you can rig the crystals and give me hard hitting champs who are immune . Read properly before you comment mister
    thats exactly his point lmao how do u not have a bleed immune, cav eq was made for deep rosters, if u dont have a decent bleed immune which is like 30% of champs, then idk what to tell u lol
This discussion has been closed.