**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Looks like it's only me

Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
I don't seem to find a post regarding how difficult red hulk of the side event seems to be. 8 sec window for all the significant damage you can do to bring down a red hulk with ~240k health x 5 times.

Can anyone help me with this? I don't think there are counters cause you need to have unstoppable on you for the damage. I personally feel a little more window to do damage would be appreciated.

Comments

• JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Bring a champion that has high damage output to fully take advantage of the unstoppable. I used Stealth and the fight was over pretty quickly.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

it really is not that hard

Need help, what do I look out for. I find baiting specials, staying away from him during the unstoppable triggering, and avoid his block damage all together a bit too much. Am I lacking practice?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    just make sure you're not near him when the timer runs out so you get the unstoppable on yourself, then go to town, you can use anyone
    edited October 2020
    Lovejoy72 said:

It’s incredibly long. That certainly increases the risks.

Agreed, I was 160 hits in with r5 colossus and I got him down to 50%, I'm kinda on the edge if a side event boss should take so long to take down

just make sure you're not near him when the timer runs out so you get the unstoppable on yourself, then go to town, you can use anyone

But the window to attack him is very small, 8 seconds get over within two combos or one sp
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Yeah, anyone with high damage is the way to go. If you want options with unstoppable i’d recommend Thing, or captain marvel with rogue synergy. Either of them work pretty well. Though most of my runs I just used nick fury or torch with pre-fight
    Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Agreed, I was 160 hits in with r5 colossus and I got him down to 50%, I'm kinda on the edge if a side event boss should take so long to take down
    that means you're not doing it correctly at all, you're ignoring the unstoppable that the node gives you

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

that means you're not doing it correctly at all, you're ignoring the unstoppable that the node gives you
    Please elaborate a bit? I make sure to get the unstoppable on me then hit him with combos or a sp2 to get the damage.
    Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Please elaborate a bit? I make sure to get the unstoppable on me then hit him with combos or a sp2 to get the damage.
    Are you using colossus’ parry heavy for the fury?
    Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

is your r5 colossus a 4* or 5*? once you get the unstoppable, the parry/heavy will do huge damage
    16wegnerk said:

Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Are you using colossus’ parry heavy for the fury?
    Nope, considering the window is too small and the heavy animation is long, I just go in with the combos or sp.

Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

is your r5 colossus a 4* or 5*? once you get the unstoppable, the parry/heavy will do huge damage
    5*. Yeah maybe I should try parry heavy, I was just throwing in combos and sps
    edited October 2020
    That’s the problem. It’s pretty easy with a R5 colossus using parry heavy, and parry heavy into SP2
    16wegnerk said:

That’s your problem. It’s pretty easy with a R5 colossus using parry heavy, and parry heavy into SP2

OK cool, got it. Thanks a lot! @16wegnerk @danielmath
    No problem man! If you still have issues, post your roster and we can help pick better options
    16wegnerk said:

No problem man! If you still have issues, post your roster and we can help pick better options

Got him! Took me all my 3 Champs but mainly because I messed up with hype else it was going very well. Used to charge heavies in the meanwhile and when the unstoppable triggered, sp3-ed rulk for nice 30-40k damage. Took him down eventually with doom.

Thanks for the suggestions, helped a lot!
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    that rhulk fight was easier than expected. same for mojo
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    My Nick Fury destroyed him. It's actually not hard if you let the nodes help you, as the node combination gives you a chance to have close to constant uptime on being unstoppable.

I might be misremembering, as I did the fight a few hours ago, but the extended duration on our unstoppable effects meant that I was unstoppable for a significant chunk of the cooldown of the unstoppable node on Rulk, given that I was a far distance away from Rulk when necessary.

I was genuinely surprised to see so many people had trouble with this fight. I thought it was one of the better fights Kabam designed since they gave us a way to play around their challenge.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    For the one time i used a Doctor Doom.

Could have adult have gotten the solo but becuase I'm a scrub I got intercepted when he was left with 9% health.
  • RoseyRosey Posts: 14
    It’s an annoyingly drawn out fight for the **** rewards IMO
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I’ve used my 6* rank 1 stealthy. The only one that I looked at the total hits took 240 but I was able to do it eventually. My tip is don’t activate web foam because the interaction with the fight or flight node stops you from getting unstoppable too.
  • Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    Used mags heavy and sp2.. pretty easy
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    CAIW works like a charm.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I also used an R5 Colossus and didn't encounter any problem with RHulk. If possible, bring an Omega Red for additional damage. Just use parry-heavy to SP2 and play it like the opposite of Bane. If you feel like you won't have enough time to deal damage, just let him come to you and parry, then dash back and repeat, until you feel you have enough time to deal damage.

The bonus with this is while you are parrying you are actually gaining Armor Ups for more damage.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I used Doom and went for SP3's at the beginning of the unstoppable, then the stun after helps a ton so you can go straight back into extra damage with the unstoppable and fury buff Doom gets. Pretty long fight compared to the other bosses though.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Rosey said:

I wouldn't say the rewards suck but not like last month where you get five star crystals for doing nothing. And it definitely is an annoying fight
    Rosey said:

Exactly!
    Will3808 said:

I’ve used my 6* rank 1 stealthy. The only one that I looked at the total hits took 240 but I was able to do it eventually. My tip is don’t activate web foam because the interaction with the fight or flight node stops you from getting unstoppable too.

Don't have him, but that's a great option too.

Aziz5253 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I also used an R5 Colossus and didn't encounter any problem with RHulk. If possible, bring an Omega Red for additional damage. Just use parry-heavy to SP2 and play it like the opposite of Bane. If you feel like you won't have enough time to deal damage, just let him come to you and parry, then dash back and repeat, until you feel you have enough time to deal damage.

The bonus with this is while you are parrying you are actually gaining Armor Ups for more damage.
    The problem isn't parrying, but my device has very inconsistent parry times, and since I have to rely on instinct so much, I mess up and take block damage.

But overall yeap, the greatest advantage with parrying is those armor up buffs.

Rosey said:

I wouldn't say the rewards suck but not like last month where you get five star crystals for doing nothing. And it definitely is an annoying fight
    Well, the rewards don't exactly suck, but the fights are considerably annoying. I think a lot of people may have skipped this event just because of its roster requirements, (even the soul boosts don't help much).