**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Elsa Bloodstone vs Gwenpool

JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Been wondering who the superior skill champion is. Elsa has that:
- Evade counter
- Reliable access to debuffs
- Science slaying
- Evade-Intercept
- Good damage
- Purifying of non-damaging debuffs
But Gwenpool has:
- Good AAR
- Nice stacking bleeds
- Enervate, armor break and incinerates
- Plot armour (being the main character that she is)
- Good damage

I feel like their damage output is pretty similar, it's good, but not game breaking. Who do you guys consider to be better? (May have left out some of their abilities)

Elsa Bloodstone vs Gwenpool 84 votes

Elsa
55%
kconrad37JadedVgerSungjThatGuyYouSaw235Nemesis666AanthoDatman257Raichu626KoiBoy18RockyshockyCiciliatoDjinKill_GreyDrBrad2008Nichj99DeaconThicco_ModeXander_1_1ILLUSION8 47 votes
Gwenpool
44%
16wegnerkBaseballguy711Hammerbro_64Duke_SilverWorknprogressMoot4LifeThefire13LunaerelliKraDRakeYoungKDSuperFlash10Santa_PsycheRamadaRockypantherxQacobCASrinivasGiulioV99Mother_FlerkenDonDudu2809Arsoz 37 votes

Comments

• 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Gwenpool
    Wow, the tough choices. I have elsa at R5, but gwenpool was one of my top 4*s and I always wanted a 5*.... this isn’t an easy choice. I think it comes down to what content you want them for. Gwen’s plot armor and 100% AAR above 50 combo hits edge it out for me, though I do love playing Elsa. Her high crit rate feels great.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Elsa be thicc, but Gwen has more utility and damage in that booty pack (In a clean way Kabam)
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    Gwenpool
    Not an easy choice but for me it’s nearly equal between these two, so I go with gwenpool cuz she was my first r4 5* and she was so helpful to reach new content
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool
    Gwenpool has more imo
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool
    Jaded said:

Their damage is not comparable. Elsa’s damage output is better than gwenpool’s.

Elsa’s damage isn’t just “good”. Where as gwenpool’s is, and worse if they are bleed immune.

I agree Elsa's damage is better, but not by a huge amount. Gwenpools damage once you get the armour break is really good and those bleeds can stack nicely. Now of course her damage is hindered against bleed immune, that's where a lot of her damage comes from.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Elsa
    I’m not sure what everyone sees for damage but I have no problem comparing my r5 elsa with someone’s r5 gwenpool vs ROL winter solider.

No boosts, no suicides. No synergies.

Pm me the video and I’ll have one for elsa ready to go.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Elsa
    Jaded said:

I’m not sure what everyone sees for damage but I have no problem comparing my r5 elsa with someone’s r5 gwenpool vs ROL winter solider.

would you uhh mind sending that to me. Im thinking of ranking her yp
    Elsa

Jaded said:

would you uhh mind sending that to me. Im thinking of ranking her yp
    Add me on line jadedfusion84

I think I have an Elsa video in my YouTube library as well.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool
    Jaded said:

https://youtu.be/5q5jFUvZEEc

Found this on YouTube. I'm not saying Elsa's damage is bad, I already know how good her damage is. No need to try prove that.
    Elsa

Jaded said:

Found this on YouTube. I'm not saying Elsa's damage is bad, I already know how good her damage is. No need to try prove that.
    Great video btw, so what we see is Elsa is done first in the same time period. Where ws is also not bleed immune. So gwenpool was at full power, elsa wasn’t. You can not keep up the armor break on a bleed immune. Hindering her massively.

Elsa has degen, coldsnap/incinerate and increase crit extra damage.

So when gwenpool isn’t hindered in the fight she’s comparable damage to Elsa. But slide the scale any which way and Elsa will beat gwenpool, damage wise.
    Elsa

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Great video btw, so what we see is Elsa is done first in the same time period. Where ws is also not bleed immune. So gwenpool was at full power, elsa wasn’t. You can not keep up the armor break on a bleed immune. Hindering her massively.

So when gwenpool isn’t hindered in the fight she’s comparable damage to Elsa. But slide the scale any which way and Elsa will beat gwenpool, damage wise.
    Wait, how was Elsa not at full power? When the opponent is bleed immune Gwenpool's damage is hindered, meaning Elsa would outdamage her. When the opponent's not bleed immune, Gwenpool's damage is comparable to Elsa, but Elsa would outdamage still outdamage her. All previously established. I wasn't really worried about their damage, I was looking at the utility side of things.
    Okay, so what does gwenpool do that elsa can’t?

100% reduced abilities after 50 hits for gwenpool. So till there is 50 hits it’s not a guarantee she’ll stop any defensive abilities.

What defensive abilities would we need to stop? Health regen? Evade? Armor ups?

-When I said elsa wasn’t at her full power I mean she wasn’t against a XL science opponent, where as gwenpool was maxed out for damage against ws. Meaning elsa has more yet to give.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Gwenpool
    definitely gwenpool
    Elsa

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Wait, how was Elsa not at full power? When the opponent is bleed immune Gwenpool's damage is hindered, meaning Elsa would outdamage her. When the opponent's not bleed immune, Gwenpool's damage is comparable to Elsa, but Elsa would outdamage still outdamage her. All previously established. I wasn't really worried about their damage, I was looking at the utility side of things.
    Okay, so what does gwenpool do that elsa can’t?

100% reduced abilities after 50 hits for gwenpool. So till there is 50 hits it’s not a guarantee she’ll stop any defensive abilities.

What defensive abilities would we need to stop? Health regen? Evade? Armor ups?

-When I said elsa wasn’t at her full power I mean she wasn’t against a XL science opponent, where as gwenpool was maxed out for damage against ws. Meaning elsa has more yet to give.
    Gwenpool would then also have to have the class advantage against science champions, meaning she wasn't maxed for damage.

Enervate, armour break, tanking of specials and you're really underestimating that AAR.
    I’m not underestimating anything about gwenpool. I’ve been playing long enough to have seen her debut and use her frantically as a 4* for a lot.

Overall I do not value her AAR as a must have. Many times the fight could be over at 50 hits or less. So 100% reduced defensive abilities after 50 hits isn’t appealing to me. If her AAR was 100% from the beginning of the fight different story.

Her enervate sucks, let’s be honest. You have to get to her sp2 and they have to be capable of bleeding. Otherwise it just falls off and is pointless to have gotten that extra combo in. At this moment in the game I rely heavily on defenders getting power and throwing specials. Thus limits the amount of chip damage I take in a fight. I understand gwenpool can pin defenders in the corner with it when it’s done right.

I’ve never been in a situation where I felt I needed gwenpool’s armor break, except when I need her to do more damage because it’s lacklustre.

There’s one situation where tanking specials is required, wait I can’t think of it. So nice safety net, definitely. But not required in the game as per normal progression in the game.

Yes, gwenpool can gain a little bit more attack rating when she has the class advantage. But it’s not noticeable, but Elsa vs the perfect match up for her is a noticeable difference in damage. From average fight to perfect match.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Elsa
    Bae always wins.
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Gwenpool
    Gwenpool is a viable option to solo LoL electro. Her AAR also works to completely shut down Thing so he can’t gain any more rock stacks, Completely shut down magik’s limbo, etc etc etc. defensive ability accuracy being reduced is a huge deal in the game, that’s why warlock was so well loved immediately upon release (yes he’s still good, just saying that was OP when it was broken). But reducing defensive ability accuracy also can shut down most nodes.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

Jaded said:

Their damage is not comparable. Elsa’s damage output is better than gwenpool’s.

Elsa’s damage isn’t just “good”. Where as gwenpool’s is, and worse if they are bleed immune.

I agree Elsa's damage is better, but not by a huge amount. Gwenpools damage once you get the armour break is really good and those bleeds can stack nicely. Now of course her damage is hindered against bleed immune, that's where a lot of her damage comes from.
    It would be great if against bleed immune she put some other debuff so she could still refresh her special debuffs. Maybe degen?
  • Umarmusty12Umarmusty12 Posts: 21
    Gwenpool
    Gwenpool got more utility
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool
    I just prefer Gwenpool cuz of her enervate but I also don't have much experience with Elsa
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Gwenpool
    You don’t need 100 hits for Gwenpools AAR to be useful. Blades even with Starky isn’t that high and it’s more then reliable.

I love Elsa, but some of you are either highly overrating her or sadly underrating Gwenpool. The margin of difference between the two is negligible enough to come down to preference. Also saying against bleed immune her damage is useless while true, the same could be said about Nick Fury or Archangel. Is Elsa better then them lol