**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help A Noob Out

HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled a 5* void from the monster crystal(which is my first in a million by the way,praise the lord),and reading his abilities I didn't see anything too special in it,I see people rate him highly though.
Is he still God tier?, is he still useful in the current meta?,I also have a science AG I have been saving for CAIW,is it advisable using it on void?,is he also worth r5 or he is okay at r4?,would you say he is better than torch?,cos I have torch.
Too many questions any form of input would be appreciated,thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    He is still an absolute beast. Void is so good due to the amount of different debuffs he can inflict on the opponent which also passively degens them and chips off health which is why you see clips of void soloing a r3 AW thing boss for example. His awakened ability gives him an attack boost after procuring enough debuffs on the opponent and I would say void over capIW unless you have the sigstones to take capIW to a really high sig
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Void is still amazing. I'd awaken him and dump in all the sig stones you can. He's an evade counter that is extremely tanky due to a huge health pool and reducing the opponent's crit rate, plus he's incinerate immune and can reverse regen/power gain. What else do you need? And never underestimate the ability to destroy the opponent without hitting them. It's what makes OR and Quake so valuable, Void is no different.

As for Void vs Torch, it's gotta be Void for me with Torch sitting right behind. Void's got so much utility and slow playing with him let's you keep your hit count extremely low. He and Torch are dominant in both AW and Abyss, but I feel like Void covers just a lil bit more ground due to extra utility and not needing to hit the opponent.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Void is still good. He's better for longer fights, since you can put more debuffs on the opponent over time that will chip their health away. He's better duped, since it allows you to deal more damage over time and keep those debuffs on the opponent longer. However, CAIW can deal massive damage and his dupe lets him get to his max potential faster, while also putting some good debuffs on the opponent. If you have a lot of sig stones, then I would go with Void. You might end up waiting for a long time until you get CAIW. As for Torch, I think he's pretty good, too, but I personally believe that Void and CAIW are better.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I have him at rank 5 sig 160. He's been extremely valuable to my roster. The others have already explained above, so there's not so much more for me to add.
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Holros said:

I just pulled a 5* void from the monster crystal(which is my first in a million by the way,praise the lord),and reading his abilities I didn't see anything too special in it,I see people rate him highly though.
    Is he still God tier?, is he still useful in the current meta?,I also have a science AG I have been saving for CAIW,is it advisable using it on void?,is he also worth r5 or he is okay at r4?,would you say he is better than torch?,cos I have torch.
    Too many questions any form of input would be appreciated,thanks

Yes void is still god tier, his kit is very relevant even now in almost all game modes and content where you can bring him.
    If you have a well rounded roster spanning different classes, I'd suggest holding that gem for Cap (he does need sig 200 ideally).
    As for the Torch argument, I can't tell you if void objectively is better than him or the other way around in every matchup. Generally I do believe Void is better than Torch. Higher healthpool and versatile abilities that let him do solid work in most areas of the game.
    That being said if you wanna take him to r5, make sure he's at a high signature level.
    Other than that great pull my friend, congratulations!
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers!
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Thanks for the input, I really appreciate, I think he will be going to r5 and I will be duping him after all,he is currently at r3 now and awakened, I will take him to r4 when I have enough t2a and t1a,thanks once again

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate, I think he will be going to r5 and I will be duping him after all,he is currently at r3 now and awakened, I will take him to r4 when I have enough t2a and t1a,thanks once again

Ah, to need catalysts. I would honestly prefer that. It's less infuriating than knowing you can take so many champs up but not have the iso for em. 😭
    Etjama said:

Holros said:

Ah, to need catalysts. I would honestly prefer that. It's less infuriating than knowing you can take so many champs up but not have the iso for em. 😭
    Lol same here, I hate being short on iso, you can still try grinding for catalyst by doing quest and stuff, but iso can be frustrating and hard to get when you are short.
    Catalyst is still a real pain though
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

Etjama said:

Holros said:

Lol same here, I hate being short on iso, you can still try grinding for catalyst by doing quest and stuff, but iso can be frustrating and hard to get when you are short.
    Catalyst is still a real pain though
    Tier 1 alpha are the worst, lol