**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu Buff Idea

WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
I think my initial idea didn't get posted, so I'll try again.

I think Dormammu would be easy to buff, he just needs damage, and I thought of a cool Update to his kit. hope you like it.

Goal: Increase Dormammu's damage output while not changing his existing kit too much.

Addition: Imprisoned Soul. Dormammu absorbs the souls of the weak to channel more of his awesome power. At the beginning of the fight, Dormammu gains Dark Soul passives per Persistant Charge. Dormammu starts the quest with 0 Persistant Charges and can gain a maximum of 6. Dormammu gains a Persistant charge whenever he defeats an opponent. Every time Dormammu's attack or ability deals damage, Dormammu deals 15% of the damage dealt as a burst of Energy damage per Dark Soul
Note: This should solve his damage roblem while giving more room for synergies and his sig ability. Also I just personally like ramp up champs.

Addition: Borrowed Power. Dormammu seemingly grants power and life to the willing, only to strip it all away. Basic attacks have 16% chance of granting the opponent a Damned buff, which regenerates 100% of Dormammu's attack over 10 seconds and grants 10% of Dormammu's attack to the opponent. However, when the Damned buff expires the opponent takes 110% of Dormammu's attack as a burst of Energy Damage. This damage ignores energy resistance. If the Damned buff was nullified, it deals 50% extra damage.
This would also increase his damage output, and synergize with Dark Soul. I thought it would be Dormammu-like and cool to apparently grant your opponent power and HP, but then take it away and destroy them to steal their soul for Dark Soul.

SP3: Fate seals the opponent for the duration of the DImension Link buff. Dimension Link buff grants Dormammu 80% attack rating, and activates on activation of SP3.
This is a Doom-esque for SP3. It should let Dormammu have an absolute beast mode. Scaled attack down because it is amplified by the Dark Souls.

Synergies: Add -> I've Come to Bargain (WIth Dr. Strange)

Dr. Strange -> Dr. Strange regains 50% extra health from Wisdom of Hoggoth.The first time Dr. Strange would die during a fight, Dr. Strange instead stays at 1 hp, removes all debuffs and passives, , activates Wisdom of Hoggoth, and becomes invulnerable for 4 seconds.

Dormammu: Dormammu gains Dark Energy while under damage over time debuff effects.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I think that your buff idea has a lot of thought and detail put into it. Nice job. I think Dormammu, if played right, can already be a pretty good champ. If you just do MM combos, then the opponent gains basically no power.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

I think that your buff idea has a lot of thought and detail put into it. Nice job. I think Dormammu, if played right, can already be a pretty good champ. If you just do MM combos, then the opponent gains basically no power.

Thanks! I wanted it to be thematicly fitting to Dormammu's character, and you can tell all I did was add damage in kinda more interesting ways than just Fury Passives or whatever, which is precisely because he doesn't need the utility!

Also if I may add, he could have better block prof since his block animation's so cool :smiley:
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I really like the idea, although I don't think Dormammu should be on high priority for a buff (at least not for now) since he already has some decent utility.
  • Fun4444444Fun4444444 Posts: 24
    Awesome idea!! @Kabam Lyra
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Good idea. Also if his sig ability degen stacks or is stronger, that would also give him a well deserved buff

Good idea. Also if his sig ability degen stacks or is stronger, that would also give him a well deserved buff

I don't know about this one because it would make him even tougher on defense. I did think of it, but I don't want an even more fun and interactive dormammu lol
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    WRIR said:

I don't know about this one because it would make him even tougher on defense. I did think of it, but I don't want an even more fun and interactive dormammu lol
    Thats true. Maybe allow degen to stack based on persistent charges?
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

Dorm is one of those champs I almost never use because his damage is so bad, but when I have to fight someone who should absolutely, under no circumstances, gain any power, he's the only one for the job.

It just sucks that his damage is so bad because even if I never get hit in such a fight, he comes out of it at like 60% health from all the chip damage just because it took so dang long.
    FineDog said:

Dorm is one of those champs I almost never use because his damage is so bad, but when I have to fight someone who should absolutely, under no circumstances, gain any power, he's the only one for the job.

It just sucks that his damage is so bad because even if I never get hit in such a fight, he comes out of it at like 60% health from all the chip damage just because it took so dang long.
    Yep that's what I aimed to solve with this idea. I'd also like to see his block prof. be waay higher cuz he has that cool magic shield thing.
  • Bloodbath96Bloodbath96 Posts: 24
    Incinerate immunity from hell would be addition too.

Incinerate immunity from hell would be addition too.

Well Dormammu isn't actually from Hell. His flames are different, but I agree, he probably should have inc. immune! He does have 80% energy resistance while under energy DOTs when synergized with mephisto tho