**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam’s slow drip of t5cc

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Kabam has already created a problematic dilemma in progression, by making 6-stars so much tougher to rank and get to high sigs. On top of that, future ranks are insanely expensive for a reduced benefit compared to other rankups.

Honestly, I felt like t5cc should’ve been a premium item when the glory store was updated months ago (very small quantities for a fairly high price, maybe 2% random for 1000-1200 glory.) From there, you could make a choice between deepening your pool of max 5-stars and 2/35 6-stars, or slowly pursuing rank 3 6-stars.

Instead, they’ve made it easier to get choice 5-stars, barely easier to get and dupe 6-stars (since the pool continues to expand), and there’s only one way to $uccessfully rank them, besides 1-2 you might get from game progression.

The 15% selector offer is hugely disappointing when 100%ing 30 paths of cavalier EQ only nets a random 10%. I know Kabam has made this resource more available, but it’s a drip. I don’t need a flood, but a steady stream would be fair. I’m about to get my 24th champ to 5/65, but I’m nowhere close to a rank 3 6-star, and that seems like a structural flaw in how this resource had made its way to many of the players.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Well, i don’t think it’s Kabam did anything wrong. If thronebreaker is such “easy” to be achieved, it’s not valuable any more.

On top of that, there is a high update on thronebreaker daily crystal. If the gap between Cavalier summoners and ThroneBreaker summoners is not large enough, like Kabam said, the economy of this game will be disrupted. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The gap between TB and Cav summoners is defined far, far, far more by willingness to spend money than willingness play the game and skill to clear content. No other progression point in the game tilts so heavily towards spending.
    Right now no. In the past yes. Every step in progression has been this way.
    The first to beat the collector was done with tons of units because of how few counters there were.

The first to be Cavalier was also roster restricted because of nodes in act 6 and types of boss fights. Those with stacked rosters from spending sped through the content leaving others behind.

Every game out there that allows spending has huge gaps. You'll never ever get away from it.

Also, all new resource types are slowly introduced. They eventually become more and more common. Just the way it goes.
  • MaqsoodMaqsood Posts: 65
    If only they can make the cavalier crystal a selector, that would at least allow us to feel like we are getting somewhere
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Well, i don’t think it’s Kabam did anything wrong. If thronebreaker is such “easy” to be achieved, it’s not valuable any more.

On top of that, there is a high update on thronebreaker daily crystal. If the gap between Cavalier summoners and ThroneBreaker summoners is not large enough, like Kabam said, the economy of this game will be disrupted. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The gap between TB and Cav summoners is defined far, far, far more by willingness to spend money than willingness play the game and skill to clear content. No other progression point in the game tilts so heavily towards spending.
    The first to beat the collector was done with tons of units because of how few counters there were.

The first to be Cavalier was also roster restricted because of nodes in act 6 and types of boss fights. Those with stacked rosters from spending sped through the content leaving others behind.

Every game out there that allows spending has huge gaps. You'll never ever get away from it.

Also, all new resource types are slowly introduced. They eventually become more and more common. Just the way it goes.
    But it was units to get through content, distinguishable from dollars to get special offers for t5cc selectors to bypass content-based roster progression.

I know players bought shards back in the day (and t2a and T5b) but you didn’t have to have two 4/55 champs to be uncollected or a 5/65 to be cavalier.
  • TyEdge said:

The fastest way to get TB if you’re that concerned is to do a month of arena then clear AOL.

It adds a good delineation between Cavaliers, Act 6 completionists and those in a position to R3 somebody. At this stage that means exploration of Act 6/AoL or consistently being in high tier AQ and AW. In 6 months time however I think you’ll find that this title will be pretty well aged.
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

But it was units to get through content, distinguishable from dollars to get special offers for t5cc selectors to bypass content-based roster progression.

I know players bought shards back in the day (and t2a and T5b) but you didn’t have to have two 4/55 champs to be uncollected or a 5/65 to be cavalier.
    When uncollected was released, you'd have to have been the biggest whales at the time to have a 4/55 for act 5. The only place to get 5* shards and T2A was LoL. Most of those who plowed through that content, bought those units. We didn't have R5's to do UC. We didn't have half the champs we do now to do it either.

There will always be a gap and the rarest resources will.alway come slowly for those who can't hang in the hardest content or buy their way through.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you're not even bothering to go for what t5cc is already available to earn in game (map 7 with max modifiers and AW), you don't really have much of a leg to stand on when complaining about how slowly it comes in. That's an additional 40% of a cat in fragments per month just from AQ regardless of prestige and rank rewards.

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

When uncollected was released, you'd have to have been the biggest whales at the time to have a 4/55 for act 5. The only place to get 5* shards and T2A was LoL. Most of those who plowed through that content, bought those units. We didn't have R5's to do UC. We didn't have half the champs we do now to do it either.

There will always be a gap and the rarest resources will.alway come slowly for those who can't hang in the hardest content or buy their way through.
    Am I remembering this totally wrong? Weren’t there 4 t2a for 100% act 4? I thought that was where I got my first 4/55 years ago.

I guess my problem is this: my roster used to look like a pretty normal curve: some champs I didn’t bother with, a lot of champs I ranked some, and special champs I maxed out. I feel like this is logical. When t2a prices dropped in the glory store way back when, you could chase more 3/45 champs easily or take a tougher/slower path towards t2a.

It feels like we are well past that point with t5cc. If t5b are going to be this obtainable via glory, there should be a premium price for t5cc, especially if it’s going to be sold this often. I’m gonna have 30 5/65s before I get a rank 3 champ.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I’m gonna have 30 5/65s before I get a rank 3 champ.
    That’s pretty normal.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    quick question .. how hard is Map 7?? lol
    xNig said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That’s pretty normal.
    For real. Think I had 30 R5s and at least 12 R2s before my first R3.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That’s pretty normal.
    I have fewer, but that's because I'm relatively T2A constrained compared to someone doing high map AQ. If I was doing Map 7, or even Map 6, I'm pretty sure I would have comparable numbers. I'm probably abnormal in that sense.

I think the "conventional" trajectory through the game is for players to have substantial rosters of 5/65s before they have significant rosters of 6* champs or start working on rank 3s. You don't have to have that, but it is considered completely normal to progress in that way.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That’s pretty normal.
    Yeah. It’s roughly 25-30 R5s before the first R3 should arrive.
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That’s pretty normal.
    I have fewer, but that's because I'm relatively T2A constrained compared to someone doing high map AQ. If I was doing Map 7, or even Map 6, I'm pretty sure I would have comparable numbers. I'm probably abnormal in that sense.

I think the "conventional" trajectory through the game is for players to have substantial rosters of 5/65s before they have significant rosters of 6* champs or start working on rank 3s. You don't have to have that, but it is considered completely normal to progress in that way.
    Yeah, not doing map 7 makes quite a significant difference in resource intake. Regardless of the additional glory available to spend you'll have the higher rank rewards giving more t5b and t2a. Also with the addition of the 10% crystal from honor rewards it's basically also become the largest source of t5cc frags which isn't even affected by prestige/ranking, you just have to be able to finish the map all 5 days with max modifiers.
    xNig said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That’s pretty normal.
    It kinda helps to just hear that tbh. It is a bit of a slog because I feel like I’m ranking champs that negligibly improve my roster at best.

I can get 60% of a t2a for 10% of a t5b. I think 2% of a random t5cc for 900-1200 glory wouldn’t break the game in any way, and it would allow more flexibility in roster construction. Heck, cap it at 3 purchases if you’re worried.
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Am I remembering this totally wrong? Weren’t there 4 t2a for 100% act 4? I thought that was where I got my first 4/55 years ago.

I guess my problem is this: my roster used to look like a pretty normal curve: some champs I didn’t bother with, a lot of champs I ranked some, and special champs I maxed out. I feel like this is logical. When t2a prices dropped in the glory store way back when, you could chase more 3/45 champs easily or take a tougher/slower path towards t2a.

It feels like we are well past that point with t5cc. If t5b are going to be this obtainable via glory, there should be a premium price for t5cc, especially if it’s going to be sold this often. I’m gonna have 30 5/65s before I get a rank 3 champ.
    I was wrong. Act 4 has 4. But back befor UC was a thing, having a 5* you'd want to take up was really rare. 5* weren't readily available like they are now. So most were using 5/50's to do UC. It took part to 2 years if not that for 5* shards to be flowing like 4* shards were. T5CC just isn't that close yet.

quick question .. how hard is Map 7?? lol

The map itself isn't really that hard. For me, 2 of the 5 modifiers are trouble some. I'm not a fan of parry curse and turn the tide. Though turn the tide just takes planning. Parry Curse just sucks, for me anyway.

Health pools are fairly large but most lanes are easy to deal with.

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I was wrong. Act 4 has 4. But back befor UC was a thing, having a 5* you'd want to take up was really rare. 5* weren't readily available like they are now. So most were using 5/50's to do UC. It took part to 2 years if not that for 5* shards to be flowing like 4* shards were. T5CC just isn't that close yet.
    My roster was so bad back then, Sym Spidey ended up being my first R4 5*. Had already had 1 t2a expire and couldn't deal with letting another one go so he went up as he was legitimately my best option at the time.

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

My roster was so bad back then, Sym Spidey ended up being my first R4 5*. Had already had 1 t2a expire and couldn't deal with letting another one go so he went up as he was legitimately my best option at the time.
    I lucked out. Starlord was my first 2 5* pulls. Then OG Spidey. He was my first 4/55.... And never made it past that lol
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I believe they added those 4x t2as after they released 5.4 so most of us had to do 5.2.6 collector with r4 or r5 5*s at best
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I lucked out. Starlord was my first 2 5* pulls. Then OG Spidey. He was my first 4/55.... And never made it past that lol
    Your loss! OG spidey is amazing. He makes quake look terrible, plus, you’ll never take block damage with that awakened ability! Instead every parry will evade, unless it’s a special!

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Think that was around the time I finally started trying to explore 5.3. I was behind a lot of people on Act 5 for a good while.