**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silver Surfer - Useful or Purely a Clout Champ?

I have a 5 star unawakened SS and I hear arguments for both opinions so I’d like to settle it. I’m not worried about prestige but I’d like to rank him up without feeling bad about wasting the resources lol

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    He’s not useless, but I personally find his buffs stressful to keep up and he doesn’t have too much utility. But this is just my opinion. I am in no means an expert on surfer but these are my personal thoughts.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    how dare you
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    RIP
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Damn
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    He's great in the energy adoption nodes in this months side quest. I don't have to care about his buff rotation.
    He's the first 6* I've taken to 1/25 bc he's fun but would I use him without the energy nodes? Probably not. He's also unduped
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Useful!!! takes -100% less damage from active shock coldsnap and incinerate! Free WP (which has some consequences) Great for buffed up + Disstrack
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

Useful!!! takes -100% less damage from active shock coldsnap and incinerate! Free WP (which has some consequences) Great for buffed up + Disstrack

Thank you!
    Especially with this month he should shine more and be sort after. With all the shock, incinerates and coldsnap fights he just cheese easily.
    Master how to always keep his buffs active and you'll love him more.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I just hope he is better. I got him duped sitting at R1.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    He’s a good champion. I do this to make it little easier for me in this cycle during power cosmic.

1: when power cosmic reached to shield buff gray icon - activate a heavy for 1x or sp1 for 2x buff(s).

2: when power cosmic reached fury buff gray icon - activate a heavy for 1x or sp1 for 2x buff(s). It will also refresh the shield buff duration to be in par with fury buff.

3: when power cosmic reached power gain buff gray icon - activate a heavy for 1x or sp1 for 2x buff(s). It will also refresh the shield and fury buff to be in par with power gain buff.

Here’s the sweet thing about those buffs and what they really means.

Each unique buffs activates energy damage and it increases the energy damage per unique buff so if you achieved shield, fury and power gain then the energy damage skyrockets and do good damage.

Now you have achieved three different unique buff then we now move on to sp1 and 2.

1: activating a special power 1 when having any 3x buff, now we are not talking about per unique buff, just any 3x buff. During this sp1 you activate Vigilant buff that ensure that none of your attacks will miss. Also I think special power refresh your buffs duration??? Cause sometimes my buffs refresh out of an fly so haven’t grasped it yet.

2: activating a special power 2 when having any 3x buff, now we are not talking about per unique buff, just any 3x buff. During this sp2 you activate Unblockable buff and we know what it means ;)

3: special power 3.... I have no idea as it makes the game crash despite the fix went live to fix this bug but guess it didn’t fully work.

I was able to defeat Gwenpool with Lifecycle node at Cavalier difficulty with using silver surfer.

Hope I was helpful.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    He’s not the easiest champ to necessarily use his buff rotation. But it’s kind of like learning to quake and bake. Once you have it down they’re darn good champs. I have my surfer duped, max sig R5 5 * and have zero regrets. I can always find a spot on my team. I wish I had a 6 TBH
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Since Cosmic Ghost Rider release Silver Surfer is a certified lemon when at rank 5 maxed out he’s out damaged by a rank 3 unawakened CGR.

I’d you like this damage then go for it. Fight starts at 3:10.

https://youtu.be/g8Av8f-gNxo
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I like Surfer, he’s fun, his rotation is easy, and he has pretty decent damage. Now, he’s not the top choice for most anything, but he is a decent champ.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

Since Cosmic Ghost Rider release Silver Surfer is a certified lemon when at rank 5 maxed out he’s out damaged by a rank 3 unawakened CGR.

the hater returns
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Lunae said:

What’s this horrible editing skill?
    edited October 2020

Lunae said:

the hater returns
    Lol am I wrong? Does CGR not make Surfer look like a lemon? I only hope that next you don’t go around saying he’s better then Domino! Domino!
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Wow

I have a 5 star unawakened SS and I hear arguments for both opinions so I’d like to settle it. I’m not worried about prestige but I’d like to rank him up without feeling bad about wasting the resources lol

In all seriousness if you have a fully developed roster of rank 5 5*s and aren't hurting for resources go for it if you really enjoy him. Personally I don't regret ranking mine because I ranked him for prestige and my roster and in game progression hasn't been hindered in any way from using the resources so it was inconsequential.

A player like KT1 for example can rank 5 him for aq, in the same way BG ranked his King Groot, and actually get a return on Surfer without any consequence, but I would never recommend ranking him to any player still developing their roster or that are in the process of completing act 6, variants, rol or lol because I don't believe he's that good or will be that useful in these areas compared to other champions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WCYkb7ZU7E

Yes he has shock, incinerate and coldsnap resistance, but largely you'll only encounter less then a handful of those in any quest, at least enough to justify ranking him higher then rank 4, unless again your overflowing with resources, especially when there are better options to rank to fill those needs, but that's just my opinion. I'm only so critical of him because other players are too casual about their criticisms, someone has to keep the balance.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    he is speed

he is the best cosmic champion
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    That felt like a punch to the gut