**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Health potions should be buffed

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Not sure if this has been discussed before but the thing that really annoys me while fighting high health pools is the amount of health we get back from health potions.

Eg - 25 lvl 2 health potions gives 15% health back to a 5* r4, but 5 blocked hit in act 6 takes 30% health down. What's the point then ?

Same is the case with other higher potions as well. Just my thoughts .

Feel free to present your views.
Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    they’re fine as they are for me. Don’t see a need for change.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    They bugged l4/5 earlier this year, l1 and 2 are kinda worthless, but since l3 are easily farmable I’d say it’s alright
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    I feel like potions are fine as is. I get L3 potions pretty consistently and they can add up when healing a champ and Thronebreaker gives out L4 potions commonly I believe. L5 potions are much better than they were before and are actually worth the price. I do think that halls of healing should be a permanent weekly quest though.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Champs health pools have been growing for years, but we still mostly get the smallest health potions. Definitely could use a bump. I wish they would increase our limits too. I have so many items expire...
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

what needs changes is alliance potions. They are absolute trash for war.

Yes good point ..even the l1 l2 aq revives ...hardly gives any health back.
    Also the expiry of items is something that is really frustrsting ..makes you either wanna sell or use em in unnecessary quests.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Encourages you to try taking less blocked hits though. At least it does for me. I always play better when I'm low on items. I don't like arena so I don't wanna mess up and have to go grind for units.

When I'm stocked up on potions I'm a lot more careless.

Same for me. The lower the items, the more I focus on not messing up. But content like Abyss, item usage is inevitable.

With rank 3 6*s becoming more common and future ranks to come, distribution of higher level potions are definitely needed. L3s are farmable and I agree L1s and 2s are pretty much useless unless your still in the lower acts.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Encourages you to try taking less blocked hits though. At least it does for me. I always play better when I'm low on items. I don't like arena so I don't wanna mess up and have to go grind for units.

When I'm stocked up on potions I'm a lot more careless.

Same for me. The lower the items, the more I focus on not messing up. But content like Abyss, item usage is inevitable.

With rank 3 6*s becoming more common and future ranks to come, distribution of higher level potions are definitely needed. L3s are farmable and I agree L1s and 2s are pretty much useless unless your still in the lower acts.
    Yeah, I agree. I was more gearing towards the block damage part. The L1s are pretty useless for high ranked 5*s, I dont even wanna know how useless they are against r3 6*s. I think they are fine on paths for up to maybe beginning on Act 5, then could really do with an upgrade. L3s would be decent.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I made this same thread and was amazed at how everyone feels they are just fine. lol. Most are **** and useless. They put L1 potions on Cavalier difficulty AQ. That's a joke. it does almost nothing picking that up. I did the Deadpool event (all of them) and it was enough to heal a guy once a little more than half way when doing a Variant lane lol.
  • I’d like Lv4 potions available from LoL and maybe lv5 from AOL, though The latter might be a bit early.

Lv3 potions don’t seem to touch the sides these days but if I had a choice I’d like them to change Alliance potions to be % based.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    %
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Savage said:

I feel like potions are fine as is. I get L3 potions pretty consistently and they can add up when healing a champ and Thronebreaker gives out L4 potions commonly I believe. L5 potions are much better than they were before and are actually worth the price. I do think that halls of healing should be a permanent weekly quest though.

Weekly halls of healing would probably be a bit too much, but once a month would be really nice and not game breaking
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

what needs changes is alliance potions. They are absolute trash for war.

Absolutely agree. The changes they did with introducing the new and slightly buffed potions for units was an annoying move tbh. Would be nice if the glory pots were buffed to what the unit ones currently are (or slightly higher) and the current units ones got buffed a little accordingly to obviously give an incentive to get them over glory ones
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I think the potion levels are fine, but the places you get them in quests is more of a problem. It's similar to receiving a 125 iso brick from a chest in Act 6 or Cav difficulty. I don't expect to have several 5000 hp potions on every path, but you would have to have 13 lvl 1 pots to even get close to a lvl 5, which is probably about 20-25% for any rank 5 5* champ, which you would ideally be using to complete Act 6 or Cav difficulty.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think all the potions should be percentage based. That way we don't have to keep on coming up with new potions. Even if the percentages are low it would make more sense. I mean we still have 250 AQ potions in the game. That's less than 1% for a 4 star let alone a r5 5 star.
    Ebony_Naw said:

I think the potion levels are fine, but the places you get them in quests is more of a problem. It's similar to receiving a 125 iso brick from a chest in Act 6 or Cav difficulty. I don't expect to have several 5000 hp potions on every path, but you would have to have 13 lvl 1 pots to even get close to a lvl 5, which is probably about 20-25% for any rank 5 5* champ, which you would ideally be using to complete Act 6 or Cav difficulty.

Yeah this is the most annoying part to me. High end content could at least come with L3 potions instead of L2 potions. But free is free, so I'll take what they give.
    The better thing they did was changes to solo 22h event. .cavs. like me can now can lvl 4 potions easily by completing 2nd last milestone. But lvl 4 and 5 pots should be more farmable ...maybe from daily quest which can be based on the progression ...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Bruh, level 3 potions are also underwhelming. You literally need to farm RoL at least twice to have a chance at healing some 5/65s to full. That's a sick joke, imo.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Bruh, level 3 potions are also underwhelming. You literally need to farm RoL at least twice to have a chance at healing some 5/65s to full. That's a sick joke, imo.

I would ignore anyone saying that health potions are just fine as is. Majority of the health potions are meant for 4 stars and that hasn't changed in more than 5 years.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    @TheTalents is right imo. A % based potion system streamlined both revives and pots, and I feel that would just be easier.

I don’t think that happens anytime soon, but if there’s enough of an outcry maybe we could at least get alliance potions/revives changed? Those are the biggest joke in the game. A 325 Heath revive on my 40k HP 2/35 is hilarious
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I was thinking about something similar the other day, that level 4s should be farmable.

Level 3s aren’t bad, but you literally have to farm them for the entire day for several days for content like Abyss. It was designed to make people spend loads of items, so in order to balance the scale, level 3s should be buffed or level 4s made farmable