**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best champs to defeat Korg in AW

Spectre29Spectre29 Posts: 56
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Not going to lie, my AW BG has a difficult time getting past Korg in AW when the opponent placed him on the spots leading from area 1 to area 2. Who are the best champs to take him down?

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Sorcerer Supreme is by far the best choice
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Omega on basically every node is the best option
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Ghost can get it done easily. Just use light intercepts to kill his rock stacks
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Doom crushes on Mix Master. Your Sp1 is Unblockable so always gets rid of the prowess, and also does some power control. And if you reach Sp2, you're doing a lot of damage through Incinerate as well.
    He crushes on most nodes as far as I know.
    edited October 2020
    Lvernon15 said:

Omega red is good but not as good as Sorcerer Supreme.

SS can counter the evade from the mixmaster node and the unstoppable, the 2 things that make him very annoying.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Quake Doom Havok are probably 3 of the best options
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Omega red, Havok, Ghost, Doom etc
  • The main technique is getting around mixmaster. You have to stick to ML combos. ML, backoff parry, repeat. If he shrugs off the parry, bait heavies, ML, parry repeat. Throw specials that remove his rock stacks, so you can reliably parry him. I personally use Doom for him on that node, and while it is a long fight, i have always soloed him there.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Quake
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Doom,OR,Havok,torch,domino
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Omega red is good but not as good as Sorcerer Supreme.

SS can counter the evade from the mixmaster node and the unstoppable, the 2 things that make him very annoying.
    I’m something like 14/14 on solos there with omega, only one where I’ve lost more than 25%, the fight is a complete joke for him, it’s over I’m under a minute, sorcerer takes longer which means more room for error, and he can still shrug off the slow, maybe for someone who can’t evade his sp1 she’s better because of the regen, but for me I can’t think of any node where I’d take someone over omega for korg
    Yeah you make good points, but if you end up in a corner with the unstoppable and unblockable active on korg you better start praying to the kabam gods.

With SS if you get backed into a corner and the slow is on you don't have to worry about that.

I'm always taking my rank 3 5 star SS over my 6 star OR
  • If it's on Mix Master, I use Ghost with the help of White Magneto's prefight to make my life easier

(example of the fight)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsF39O-x1Xw

If it's not on Mix Master, then light intercepts followed by 2 light hits will take his rock shield off easily so that you can unleash some massive sp2s

(example of the fight)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZvYHL-caQ