**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IS HUMAN TORCH A DISSAPOINTMENT?

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Btw, anyone who says Torch is bad with suicides is wrong. Throwing Sp3's doesn't mess up his rotation. He's just as good with suicides as Archangel and Quake are. Amazing with Coagulate.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I've played torch in non mystic or energy matchups.

Is he still the best option? Absolutely not.
    Is he still good against them? For the most part, he is still playable.

Don't know how he works with suicides since I don't run them
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Blooe said:

you can't run him with suicides and if the opponent isn't mystic, his damage is trash. PERIODT

Hahahahahahahahaha. Nope. Wrong. There are zero champs in the game who are immune to his Nova flames.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Blooe said:

Blooe said:

HT is bad?? Wildly untrue, also FYI void is not good with suicides at all

woah never said he was bad, just saying I expect a lot more. he's like the doctor doom of the science class
    Yea ok, either your trolling or you have no clue how to play either champ.

I hope it’s the first option if not I would suggest you go and buy a Nokia 3210 as Snake is probably a game which is more to your level
    K ngl I only did this cuz I need to get myself to use my 5* cap iw instead of ht
    It was the “Doom of the science class” comment which shows you need to learn how to play both champs.

Doom is easily the best mystic and HT is arguably the 4th best science champ (after Quake, Void, CapIW)

My suggestion is to take some time to learn the mechanics of each champ. A quick google search will turn up a bunch of videos showing how to use each one
  • Options
    Blooe said:

Mauled said:

So don’t run suicides or wait 16 seconds. You can still get up to temperature with a bleed. Void isn’t exactly suicide friendly either.

Suicides are bad for the vast majority of champions, there’s a reason they’re called suicides.

but void has the synergy with killmonger that heals him every time he places a debuff
    1% health healed and 5% minimum recoil damage. Considering you need to spam Sp1 until you have FOTV active he is one of the least suicide friendly champs in the game. Only his massive health pool can help him with suicides
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Blooe said:

I know how to play doom and the only node that he counters is lifecycle

Guess Crit Me With Your Best Shot, all massive power gain,champions with many buffs etc. are all dead in this game.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Blooe said:

The only node Doom counterrs is lifecycle? My guy what are you saying you have no clue what you are talking about
  • Options
    Blooe said:

You absolutely don’t know how to play doom if you think that!

Let me guess, your playing him by doing MLLLMH rinse and repeat and then throwing a random special?
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Blooe said:

Thunderstruck, shock nodes, spite, energize, power gain, and any nodes that have the defender gain buffs all exist.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Don't forget special 3 bias
  • Options
    Blooe said:

btw once void has fear of the void active, he can keep placing debuffs without using his L1 to heal faster

Seriously your arguments are hurting my brain... Void can place debuffs without using his sp1 before FOTV is active.

However he is still one of the least suicide friendly champs in the game, even with 1% regen from the KM synergy
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Honestly, CAIW is better than HT? I don't see it. HT is freakin dominant in Abyss and AW which are 2 of the most important parts of the game. And I'd argue he's just as valuable in Act 6 as CAIW is.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Honestly, CAIW is better than HT? I don't see it. HT is freakin dominant in Abyss and AW which are 2 of the most important parts of the game. And I'd argue he's just as valuable in Act 6 as CAIW is.

CapIW has more utility, would probably say Cap is better for more fights however HT is much better at selective fights.

Personally I would put Cap behind Quake (obviously) and Void but personal opinion and depends on the criteria you use to judge them.

If your going by most fun to play however SpiderGwen gets my vote every time! (Although the fun to play metric is the only one she comes out as top in!)
  • Options
    Blooe said:

Blooe said:

Let me guess, your playing him by doing MLLLMH rinse and repeat and then throwing a random special?
    his rotation is
    mlllh, sp3, mm, lllmm, sp1, lllmh, sp3, mm, lllmm, sp1, sp2
    And you still found only ONE use for him despite knowing his optimal rotation.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    JOHNNY STORM is solid! I suggest you try awakening and giving your champs some signature stones before you start complaining about them. I see these kinds of posts and just wanna laugh cause i almost never agree with them. Lots of these champs are pretty lame unawakened! Some handful crack out of crystals ready to rock, but very few, and it always seems to me these kinds of posts are made by summoners based on unawakened, not fully ranked and unsynergized champs that didn't pop out of a crystal and immediately change a summoners luck.
    I suggest you try them; awakened, ranked and synergized, before you bad mouth them and start asking for them to be "updated" (Cause that is what usually follows this kind of post!)
  • Options
    Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    edited October 2020
    He's someone I'm desperately hunting to complete my team for my abyss run , worst case scenario I'll use a 4 star ht , the heck are you on about?
  • Options
    Blooe said:

Blooe said:

his rotation is
    mlllh, sp3, mm, lllmm, sp1, lllmh, sp3, mm, lllmm, sp1, sp2
    Not quite but your almost there.

MLLLH, SP1 (once they reach 2 bars of power) MLLLH sp3, MMLLLMM sp1, (reparry) MLLLMH sp3, MMLLLMM sp1, Sp2

If your using that and you still think doom is only good against lifecycle then it’s your judgment rather than your ability that I’m going to start to question
  • Options
    Blooe said:

the most fun to play imo is either wasp or quake. they both feel suprisingly rewarding

I’m a big quake player and she is in all of my main teams however “fun to play” she is not!

She is probably the least fun champ to actually play but most effective. Not sure how you can class holding heavy/dex for an entire fight as fun
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Blooe said:

I just don't find dooms rotation fun. like, I just wanna see them do damage in the first few seconds. plus, it takes like 3000 years to build him up for just one sp2? wut uses does he have that should make me like him

If you don't like them don't use them.
    They are in no way bad champs.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You know you have time to do MLM LLLMM after a special 3 right. I just pulled a 6 star doom so I’m still getting it down. But after special 3 ive always been able to do MLM LLLMM special 1, then special 2 (havent taken him in content where I need to do the special 3 again for the double fury, they don’t last long enough for that lol).
  • Options
    Blooe said:

I just don't find dooms rotation fun. like, I just wanna see them do damage in the first few seconds. plus, it takes like 3000 years to build him up for just one sp2? wut uses does he have that should make me like him

You realise you can optimise your playstyle to suit different scenarios. Ex: Parry and heavy makes him an evade counter(annihilus helps)

Now about your problems with his rotation, launching the first sp1 helps control your power and helps you reach sp3 faster. Launching sp3 deals a pretty good amount of damage and gives you might fury and activates his aura. This increases your damage a lot and following the rotation, you can choose to fire an sp2 or try for 2 furies. Once ramped up, his sp2 deals massive damage+ incinerate which will finish oof most opponents in content.
  • Options
    Pratham02 said:

He's someone I'm desperately hunting to complete my team for my abyss run , worst case scenario I'll use a 4 star ht , the heck are you on about?

You and me both! Putting off the other 5 paths until I can pull him as I don’t fancy the going in with a 4* option either!
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Blooe said:

you can't run him with suicides and if the opponent isn't mystic, his damage is trash. PERIODT

Hahahahahahahahaha. Nope. Wrong. There are zero champs in the game who are immune to his Nova flames.
    yeah but that's a one time thing, so he can still do other matchups, but theres gonna be a better option

but yeah op you're totally wrong lol.