**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

There is a Severe Lack of Coldsnap and Incinerate immune champions

2»

Comments

• ArpsArps Posts: 34
    Coldsnap and incinerate feed CMM and then if awakened in binary she heals from them for a time. Most things are dead by the time her indestructible wears off.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Also don't forget how of those 3 coldsnap/frostbite champs only iceman places his coldsnap at the start of the fight minimizing your options on how to deal with it.

Aarkus needs to break your armor to apply coldsnap, so armor break immune champs are essentially also coldsnap immune against him.

And the new storm needs to hit you with her really easy to evade sp1.

you think her sp1 is easy to evade? Maybe I suck because its going to take some practice for sure.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Exactly why isn't Iceman immune to coldsnap he is legit made of ice, he can freeze you from the inside out his Omega power is negative energy manipulation, this makes no sense.

Imagine Iceman removing kinetic energy from another Iceman. For the second Iceman to neutralize that effect he would have to be able to add as much kinetic energy to his body as the first one was removing. If he could do that, he could basically use heat just as much as cold; he'd basically be Sunspot. That's not an ability he's exhibited, so there's either a practical or a skills limit to his ability to counteract energy removal. He can remove it to make an object cold, he can expel it to make his own body cold, but he can't add it back when someone tries to steal it.

Also don't forget how of those 3 coldsnap/frostbite champs only iceman places his coldsnap at the start of the fight minimizing your options on how to deal with it.

Aarkus needs to break your armor to apply coldsnap, so armor break immune champs are essentially also coldsnap immune against him.

you think her sp1 is easy to evade? Maybe I suck because its going to take some practice for sure.
    The timing is really similar to havok's sp1. Or at least the rhythm of the 3 icicles is.

It's kinda like 1 - 2 - x - 4 and you need to dex on 1, 2 and 4. I hope this makes a tiny bit of sense lol.
    I seem to have little trouble doing it, but I can't even say precisely why. I think this is one of those that some people just by chance twitch the right way, and others don't quite twitch right and have to figure out how to tune it.

But yeah, if I mess up, it is always in that gap before the last hit, like there's a beat you have to wait for. If i tap it out in a rhythm I tend to get it, but if I try to "look" for a visual cue on when to do it I always mess it up. It is like I can react to the initial special swing and get the first one, then the second one, but then I almost have to close my eyes and just use the timing from the first two to wait a beat and then do the last dex.

I almost don't want to study this too much for fear of messing up my timing.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

The timing is really similar to havok's sp1. Or at least the rhythm of the 3 icicles is.

It's kinda like 1 - 2 - x - 4 and you need to dex on 1, 2 and 4. I hope this makes a tiny bit of sense lol.
    I seem to have little trouble doing it, but I can't even say precisely why. I think this is one of those that some people just by chance twitch the right way, and others don't quite twitch right and have to figure out how to tune it.

But yeah, if I mess up, it is always in that gap before the last hit, like there's a beat you have to wait for. If i tap it out in a rhythm I tend to get it, but if I try to "look" for a visual cue on when to do it I always mess it up. It is like I can react to the initial special swing and get the first one, then the second one, but then I almost have to close my eyes and just use the timing from the first two to wait a beat and then do the last dex.

I played the drums for many years, so I think this kind of rhythmic approach is just hammered into my head in a way.

It's pretty intuitive for me, but if I think about I think that the "swoosh" sounds from the icicles are what I initially used as an audio cue. I still got clipped pretty often in my first runs through the uc eq, interestingly enough also always by the last icicle. But I knew what I was doing wrong pretty fast, which is something lol.

When I play it through in my head I'm almost certain that it's just a 4/4 beat. Swoosh - swoosh - (one "swoosh"-length pause) - swoosh.

It feels really similar to havok's sp1. Weird energy sound - weird energy sound - pause - weird energy sound.

I really don't want to confuse anyone, though, so if you have a different approach it's probably better to just ignore this lol.
    thing is, most people play the game with the sound off for maximum concentration. I never thought about the audio as cues
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Exactly why isn't Iceman immune to coldsnap he is legit made of ice, he can freeze you from the inside out his Omega power is negative energy manipulation, this makes no sense.

He isn't immune because they didn't think of it at the time and, as they so often do, they have doubled down and embraced the error.

He isn't immune because they didn't think of it at the time and, as they so often do, they have doubled down and embraced the error.
    It took over thirty years for Marvel to reverse their original error of claiming Iceman emits cold, when its been known for over two centuries that there's no such thing as emitting cold. So there's ample historical precedent for sticking to unsupportable guns. But for that matter, people keep arguing that it doesn't make sense at all for Iceman to not be immune, when there's no physics logic to that statement either. But people keep doubling down on that one also.
    zZayTtay said:

DNA3000 said:

It took over thirty years for Marvel to reverse their original error of claiming Iceman emits cold, when its been known for over two centuries that there's no such thing as emitting cold. So there's ample historical precedent for sticking to unsupportable guns. But for that matter, people keep arguing that it doesn't make sense at all for Iceman to not be immune, when there's no physics logic to that statement either. But people keep doubling down on that one also.
    This is a fictional Marvel game. Iceman emits cold lol
    Not anymore. According to Marvel, Iceman removes heat. That makes him a kinetic energy manipulator, not just a cold thing. But even if Marvel didn't make that canonical change to how Iceman is described, you can't on the one hand say its comic books so Iceman can work any way they want, but then say it doesn't make sense that Iceman takes damage from coldsnap, because that is also a Marvel decision. Marvel signs off on every character implementation Kabam makes in MCOC. its a comic book game, so Iceman can take damage from cold snap.

Either you believe in comic book logic in which case the powers that be have spoken, or you believe the comics should behave as closely to the real world as their fiction allows in which case thermodynamics has spoken, and either way Iceman can take damage from cold snap. If someone insists Iceman "should be" immune to cold snap they're just making up their own rules that are neither consistent with Science nor consistent with Marvel's rules.

Whether Iceman takes damage from coldsnap or not is ultimately an author decision. Kabam is the author of that decision in this case, and Marvel Entertainment authorizes that decision, no different than when Marvel Entertainment authorizes a comic book author retconning how Iceman works, or when they decide that in the MCU a character will work in a different way than the comics. People can disagree, but they would have very little to back that up beyond their own preferences.
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    I don't think that's true or at least he has no way of knowing that information. If anything playing without sound probably hinders your concentration since there would be a dissonance between what your doing and what you are hearing.
  • DNA3000 said:

I played the drums for many years, so I think this kind of rhythmic approach is just hammered into my head in a way.

It's pretty intuitive for me, but if I think about I think that the "swoosh" sounds from the icicles are what I initially used as an audio cue. I still got clipped pretty often in my first runs through the uc eq, interestingly enough also always by the last icicle. But I knew what I was doing wrong pretty fast, which is something lol.

When I play it through in my head I'm almost certain that it's just a 4/4 beat. Swoosh - swoosh - (one "swoosh"-length pause) - swoosh.

It feels really similar to havok's sp1. Weird energy sound - weird energy sound - pause - weird energy sound.

I really don't want to confuse anyone, though, so if you have a different approach it's probably better to just ignore this lol.
    I play with no sound but that's how I think of the sound with certain specials. With SPX, I just picture a which and crash in a way and have to remember that it is one-two- pause -3. I haven't played with music or sfx for a few years now and only sound I use is tv or music.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I play with no sound but that's how I think of the sound with certain specials. With SPX, I just picture a which and crash in a way and have to remember that it is one-two- pause -3. I haven't played with music or sfx for a few years now and only sound I use is tv or music.
    That's really interesting. Playing with sound and using it as audio cues for all kinds of stuff seemed to natural to me that I would have expected this to be the norm lol.

Playing without music and/or sfx really throws me off.
    Can honestly say I normally have sound off well playing. I normally focus best listening to music well playing. I actually tried with sound on after reading this and actually found it more distracting to me then using my own music
  • Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 163
    There are many many champions with incinerate
    Not limited to Sunspot, Longshot, Hyperion, Guillotine 2099, Elsa bloodstone, and Vision arkus
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Imagine Iceman removing kinetic energy from another Iceman. For the second Iceman to neutralize that effect he would have to be able to add as much kinetic energy to his body as the first one was removing. If he could do that, he could basically use heat just as much as cold; he'd basically be Sunspot. That's not an ability he's exhibited, so there's either a practical or a skills limit to his ability to counteract energy removal. He can remove it to make an object cold, he can expel it to make his own body cold, but he can't add it back when someone tries to steal it.
    Pretty sure Iceman is able to unfreeze himself back into a normal looking guy not encased in ice nor made up of ice.

Also pretty sure (based on looking up an article about him on the Fandom marvel database wiki) he's able to freeze himself down to absolute zero and not suffer any damage at all, and unfreeze any frozen matter. Based on that, I don't think he should take damage from coldsnap
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    The crux of the whole Iceman debate solely lies with Sabretooth lol. I can see ST being coldsnap resistant, but immune? More resistant then Iceman or even Silver Surfer who surfs through the cold voids of space? I don’t know the whole things standing on very very thin ice >:)
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★

Oh boy another thread about giving characters immunity’s who don’t need immunity’s I’ve I had 5 dollars every time someone said ghost rider should be incinerate immune i would be rich

He's literally ON FIRE.. why shouldn't he be incenerate immune....speaking of immunities Sunspot should be Coldsnap/Frostbite Immune as should Wolverine.....he comes from same region and same powers as Sabretooth
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

Oh boy another thread about giving characters immunity’s who don’t need immunity’s I’ve I had 5 dollars every time someone said ghost rider should be incinerate immune i would be rich

He's literally ON FIRE.. why shouldn't he be incenerate immune....speaking of immunities Sunspot should be Coldsnap/Frostbite Immune as should Wolverine.....he comes from same region and same powers as Sabretooth
    It’s pure chaos. I’m not exactly sure on Cosmic Ghost Riders story, but I imagine him being a herald means he flys through space like Surfer, yet he’s not coldnap immune? He’s also in what looks to be a space suit or even just a head in a bowl, yet he’s not poison immune like Mysterio either, but who knows maybe in a couple a years Kabam will wake up to the truth like have on OG Ghost Rider lol.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    You do realize they can't always give champs all the powers and abilities they have in the comics and movies. The game wouldn't even be fun if they tried. Kabam has to create a balance so champs can compete with others and not be completely overpowered. In order to have balance sometimes obvious immunities have to be overlooked in a game where u have mere humans fighting "gods." Otherwise only a handful of champs would stand a chance.