**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

They called me crazy... Cable, a new GOD OF THE ABYSS

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

It’s one abyss fight.

If anything Apocalypse is the best mutant because he’s making all these people good.

So what? More Abyss fights will come in time. You’ll find anything to hate on. The agenda stinks.

Apocalypse might just be the best mutant uno. He’s not just so good on his known, he makes so many other mutants insane.
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Gonna be honest, this is genuinely impressive

noo stop giving him credit
    @Lvernon15 I am subbed to your epic YT channel :)
    Lol, ever since the whole thing started I’ve always said I’d rather take cable up than domino tbh
    Epic

Quite a good fight ngl

πŸ’ͺ😫

Ok, won't lie, it was quite impressive. But I question it's practicality.

It’s practical. 2 slots on the team, just like Sabretooth/Sasquatch, and then bring a Collector counter, a mystic, and Torch or Void.

BG brought Sabretooth, Sasquatch, Void, Corvus, and Killmonger

Someone could bring Cable Apocalypse Void/Torch Sym Supreme and Corvus/Aegon and that’s still a 5 man team

Saying that’s impractical is pathetic. Cable is insanely powerful.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

It’s practical. 2 slots on the team, just like Sabretooth/Sasquatch, and then bring a Collector counter, a mystic, and Torch or Void.

Someone could bring Cable Apocalypse Void/Torch Sym Supreme and Corvus/Aegon and that’s still a 5 man team

Never said it was impractical, I was questioning that thought. Also referring to the Seatin video as he went all out.

But yeah Cable with Apocalypse, as much as I'll hate to say, he is actually good. Like Seatin said, it's bothers me that it's another "Parry + Heavy" champ but I won't deny that he becomes pretty good.

Never said it was impractical, I was questioning that thought. Also referring to the Seatin video as he went all out.

But yeah Cable with Apocalypse, as much as I'll hate to say, he is actually good. Like Seatin said, it's bothers me that it's another "Parry + Heavy" champ but I won't deny that he becomes pretty good.

Sorry if it seemed like I said that you specifically said it was impractical, I didn't mean that. I know you were questioning it. I just meant that anyone saying that it's impractical really needs to think about it because it isn't.

Yay :)
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Why is this more powerful that Domino+Red hulk synergy? same 2 hit heavy. Incinerate instead of Degen. I think it is a good synergy, but I don't think it will make me use Cable+Apoc more. Red gaurdian+Abom synergy made Abom very good. Don't see a bunch of Abom videos now do we?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bring Abomination with Red Guardian synergy and he can solo in less time.

Makes me wanna rank up my 5* Abom i pulled from monster crystal recently ..
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Looking at the video he’s averaging about 40k damage per heavy (looking at the ROL fights, not Thing). You have to take into account that it’s a rank 3 6* with suicides and full boosts. Don’t let a CCP vid get you too overhyped as these numbers won’t be the realistic average fight.

Apoc is a necessary synergy and White Mags is recommended to get the reduction to poison damage for good sustain, as well as a damage boost and some slight utility that can help with debuff immunity and Limber.

Compare this to Domino who does closer to 50k damage on average per heavy as a rank 3 6* with suicides and full boosts with her trinity. She does not get sustain but does have higher average block proficiency.

Overall, I would say they are pretty comparable tbh. I wouldn’t run with Cable trinity unless I was running full suicides since he gets very good sustain but he still seems pretty solid without it. Without suicides it’s a toss up between the two. Honestly it would probably come down to who I would want as my synergy partners more than anything.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    One fight a God does not make.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You ARE crazy

And you already have enough threads about Cable and the Abyss. And you know that as well, and will reply confirming that.
    So this one wasn't necessary. Next time add it to your previous one

I've only made one smart guy

As someone who has finished the Abyss, I'm really not convinced that Cable is a "new god of the Abyss" as you've so claimed (twice). That implies that he can take problematic matchups and make them easier to handle, subsequently saving you resources on your runs. This is precisely the reason why champs like Aegon, Doom, Fury, Void, and Torch are so sought after by those venturing into the Abyss.

Cable, however, does not do this.

He is, at most, a potential substitute for Aegon. There's no denying that Cable as a Horseman has fantastic damage per hit via his heavy degenerations. But this playstyle will require you to parry a hit for every hit that you land, and the chip damage alone will cost you more resources than you'd think (especially the case against Tech champions, where you'll be facing higher block penetration). Seatin was able to mitigate this in his video via the Magneto HoX synergy, but I doubt many players would be inclined to do this.

TLDR: It's a nice solo, undoubtedly - but in my eyes this is not enough to warrant the kind of Abyss-centric value that you seem to have attributed to him.

Very insightful. Thank you for your viewpoint.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

And you already have enough threads about Cable and the Abyss. And you know that as well, and will reply confirming that.

this is your second thread on cable and the abyss
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

i have a feeling if they commented on the other one a certain someone would have been mad they were reviving threads ;);)

Yes, before this thread I had only made one. @will-o-wisp said that I have "enough threads" suggesting that I've made a lot. I have not.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Yes, before this thread I had only made one. @will-o-wisp said that I have "enough threads" suggesting that I've made a lot. I have not.
    i mean in all honesty you could’ve just added this to the old thread
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Everytime I see an Apoc pfp and cable in the forum title, I tell myself "Welp, guess that's enough forum surfing for the day"
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lvernon15 said:

could domino do it faster at r3 and if thing wasn't immune?

Considering I haven’t seen domino vs anyone being great in abyss I’m saying no
    she has been main clearer for a few people
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Gonna be honest, this is genuinely impressive

noo stop giving him credit
    @Lvernon15 I am subbed to your epic YT channel :)
    Lol, ever since the whole thing started I’ve always said I’d rather take cable up than domino tbh
    @Lvernon15 I am subbed too but you're not subbed to me mine is thanos da farmer6251
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

That's a nice 1 fight. Very nice. But not even close to the kind of proof needed for the ridiculous claim "Cable, a new god of the abyss." Let's see him run an entire path with that team with Cable as the main clearer. That happens and I'll happily eat some pie

So yea, you're still crazy.

Well said
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236 β˜…
    Lol nerf incoming