**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hoarding 5* Featured Crystals purchased through Black Iso Market

Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 680 ★★★
Hopefully this will be fairly simple to answer and hopefully the answer is a yes.

I’m saving up 5* shards for the next 5* Featured that will have Apocalypse. If I purchase and hoard the ones available from the Black Iso Market, will champs in the Crystal change when the featured pool changes? I’m hoping the champs in the Crystal don’t remain static with the pool of champs that was available at the time to Crystal was purchased.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    It doesn’t switch, just like hoarding regular featureds.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    To elaboerate on SpideyFunko's comment. The featured crystals are unique crystals that only contain a limited number of champions, which is why hording them hoping for a different featured does not work.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

To elaboerate on SpideyFunko's comment. The featured crystals are unique crystals that only contain a limited number of champions, which is why hording them hoping for a different featured does not work.

Actually, the Champions in them are not limited. Just that the Crystals are coded for the specific pools of whatever Featured we buy.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Lormif said:

Actually, the Champions in them are not limited. Just that the Crystals are coded for the specific pools of whatever Featured we buy.
    Arguing for the sake of arguing on even the basic threads now are we?
    ImGodMF said:

Lormif said:

What?

Coded for the specific champs literally is limited..
    Not limited in the sense that they'll run out of whatever Champs are in it.
    Mattyy said:

Lormif said:

Still posting Profiles that don't belong to you?

ImGodMF said:

Lormif said:

What?

Mattyy said:

Lormif said:

I don't think anyone interpreted "limited" as in they might run out...
    The OP said, "a limited number of champions", and it's an important point to make because a common misconception is there are only so many "Dooms", for example. You're not pulling 24 the first time and 23 the next. It was a simple clarification because the Forum is for anyone reading. I'm not sure why people are starting on that one. Boredom I assume.
  • TheGoodStuffTheGoodStuff Posts: 20

the same applies to buying a basic 5 star crystal via shards, offers, etc. and saving it. you could wait 2 years to open it and it would still be the same pool as the time that you bought it.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

the same applies to buying a basic 5 star crystal via shards, offers, etc. and saving it. you could wait 2 years to open it and it would still be the same pool as the time that you bought it.
    Are you certain of that. Basic crystals should work the same way the class crystals they used to sell for class specific 4*s. They should naturally update the pool. Phc and 3, 4* crystals definitely update the pools as new champs are added. I can't recall ever seeing a video or post by anyone hoarding actual 5* crystals installed of shards but it may be possible just seems unlikely.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    pay attention to the look and design of the crystal to know whether or not hoarding works. that's the method i use. basic 5* crystals can be hoarded and when you open them, they'll have whatever the latest pool of champs is at the time. because those crystals never change in design.

Featured hero crystals, however, change each time. Different design = Heroes (and chances) are specific to that design of crystal.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

ImGodMF said:

Lormif said:

What?

Mattyy said:

Lormif said:

Isn't everyone that's posts a profile technically posting something that doesn't belong to them?

I'm know you've pressed that point many many times before that kabam actually owns it 😉

ImGodMF said:

Lormif said:

What?

Mattyy said:

Lormif said:

The OP said, "a limited number of champions", and it's an important point to make because a common misconception is there are only so many "Dooms", for example. You're not pulling 24 the first time and 23 the next. It was a simple clarification because the Forum is for anyone reading. I'm not sure why people are starting on that one. Boredom I assume.
    Where the .... have you ever seem people make the mistake that there are a limited number of a specifc champion that makes it common. That is litterally the first time I have even heard of that "misconception". Also it was not a "clarification" you did but flat out stated I was wrong. I am not sure how you could misconstrue what I stated, it is like you really try hard.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I thought that the champ in the crystal is chosen the moment you “purchase” it therefore it will only be one from the select pool at the time of purchase even if you save it to spin months later. You can hoard shards and when you choose to use those shards and open the crystal it would be from the pool at that point in time.
  • I think they will change to whatever the featured group of characters it is when you go to open them.

I hoarded a handful before via the iso market for when the pool changed to a group I was more interested in.

I know the featured crystal will change in color design each time, but whatever you have saved will just change as well.

I think they will change to whatever the featured group of characters it is when you go to open them.

I hoarded a handful before via the iso market for when the pool changed to a group I was more interested in.

I know the featured crystal will change in color design each time, but whatever you have saved will just change as well.

That is false.
    Lormif said:

ImGodMF said:

Lormif said:

What?

Mattyy said:

Lormif said:

Where the .... have you ever seem people make the mistake that there are a limited number of a specifc champion that makes it common. That is litterally the first time I have even heard of that "misconception". Also it was not a "clarification" you did but flat out stated I was wrong. I am not sure how you could misconstrue what I stated, it is like you really try hard.
    When you say there are a limited number of Champs in the Crystal, you're saying there are only so many in it. There's no limit to the number that we can reasonably achieve. There's not so many of each Champ in there. Saying there's a limited number can very much be interpreted as there's only so many.
    The Crystals in the Featured, and in the Black ISO Market which the OP is talking about, are coded for the specific pool they're purchased for. They don't convert.
    That's a lot of words for no reason at all. Saying there's a limited "number" implies there are only so many Champs to pull in it, like it's going to run out if that number is reached. That's what I was clarifying. I'm not interested in arguing for nothing.

That's a lot of words for no reason at all. Saying there's a limited "number" implies there are only so many Champs to pull in it, like it's going to run out if that number is reached. That's what I was clarifying. I'm not interested in arguing for nothing.

As I stated above, no it does not, there can be many limitations, quantity as in pool or quantity as in draws. While both can be equally implied by the statement, the context defines the one we are speaking of because the other makes absolutely no sense.

For example a lottery ticket has a limited number of numbers you can use, that does not mean that as people buy more lottery tickets the numbers you can use will run out, that is just as absurd of a thought as your statement.
    I made my point, so all I can say is......okay. Sure.

I made my point, so all I can say is......okay. Sure.

If you think you made a point, well then, LOLZ
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Saying there's a limited "number" implies there are only so many Champs to pull in it, like it's going to run out if that number is reached. That's what I was clarifying.

Literally nobody thinks that.
    Why are people still adding to that conversation? I explained myself, the OP explained what they meant, it's over.