**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gambit and Falcon buff discussion

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Post your hopes/predictions for the upcoming falcon and gambit buffs.

Personally think that Gambit''s buff will be better than falcons. Think he has a lot of potential to be god tier with some increased prowess, energy brust damage, higher crit damage, and higher block proficiency. But hoping falcons buff also makes him good

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i'm only interested in Gambit .. because he's my favorite Marvel cartoon character and i have a 6* version lol ... so i'm hoping he gets some crit increase, prowess increase ... maybe a new animation or something ... but honestly any bit of a buff to him will suffice.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I highly doubt falcon is getting a prefight. They’re both getting an update which is a small abilities change and a numbers buff. The kit stays relatively the same. For him to get a prefight that benefits teammates would most likely need a rework which falcon is not getting.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Hope that gambits awakened ability also gave him a lot higher critical rating, prowess potency, and critical damage rating during specials so I can drop my mutant ag into him
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Monke said:

MaxGaming said:

I got a 5* falcon and he is TRASH so this buff makes me excited

Buffed Falcon > Taskmaster
    Trust me it will happen
    I'd be really suprised if he wasnt better lol
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I have a 6 star gambit and a 5 star falcon so hopefully I'll have two more god tier champs by the start of next month
    As for gambit, I really hope they remove that hold block for kinetic charges sort of concept, I absolutely hate that, not to mention then having to throw a heavy for the prowess which drains way too fast, just do something else with him

Falcon needs a huge damage buff first of all and second I hope his defensive AAR becomes permanent after holding block
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    I have both of them as a five star
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Falcon needs a major damage upgrade as well as better utility. His damage is feeble.

Gambit needs less - he can actually do decent damage. If his kinetic charges (a) didn't get slower as he had more, or (b) didn't reset when hit it (c) significantly improved his block proficiency he'd be much more effective. And he's supposed to be flashy/throwing lots of specials - why not gain power when holding block, like Mordo?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I'm more excited for falcon because my 6* is the one holding me back from Ranking up Elsa.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    I think Gambit will become the mutant version of Corvus...

As for Falcon...the hero is as weak as a wet tissue...who knows what they can do to fix him
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I think Gambit will be High demigod tier and Falcon god tier or above. Reason being, skill is very weam this year while Mutant is very strong. I think they'd try to balance it out.
  • YagruoyYagruoy Posts: 8
    The buff notes for gambit were leaked he looks really good on paper. But that's just on paper
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-gambit/
    This is the offical one guys!!
    Gambit looks extremely solid imo. bleed resistance, namor like sig ability, big big sp damage, armour and crit resistance and so much more good additions!
    the only bad thing is sp1 stun chance is now 85% but thats not too bad considering he's so much better!
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★

My guess is that Falcon will be centered around utility and Gambit around damage

Good guess
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-gambit/
    This is the offical one guys!!
    Gambit looks extremely solid imo. bleed resistance, namor like sig ability, big big sp damage, armour and crit resistance and so much more good additions!
    the only bad thing is sp1 stun chance is now 85% but thats not too bad considering he's so much better!

His sp1 stun chance always has been 85% but now as long as the opponent doesn’t have a armor it is 100%
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I have a duped gambit and I’m really impressed with his rework if it’s solid i might chuck some sigs into him
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Ab_Samad said:

My guess is that Falcon will be centered around utility and Gambit around damage

Good guess
    Thanks
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

i'm only interested in Gambit .. because he's my favorite Marvel cartoon character and i have a 6* version lol ... so i'm hoping he gets some crit increase, prowess increase ... maybe a new animation or something ... but honestly any bit of a buff to him will suffice.

looks like i got exactly what i hoped for :)