**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I know something about the next champ(s) to be buffed!

Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
He / she will be one of the below:

Tech champ
Mutant Champ
Avenger

Preferably with hard-to-evade specials.

Change my mind.

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    1. I don't know if you know the definition of the word 'know', but it is generally difficult to change someones mind from believing what is a fact.
    2. Besides that, your hints narrow down the list of champions from 187 to about 87, not including the "hard to evade specials" part, which is kinda dependent on the Summoner.

That being said, I am really curious about who they may buff yet, and it may well be someone within those categories. I do wish they would change some of the impossible to evade specials, but I know that complaint will never change anything. I would love some OG Avenger reworks, like black panther, cap, ant man even...
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    War Machine
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    @Squirrelguy it is apparent that this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, relax. As for the verb "know", you do know yourself that for the past year ALL the buffs fall into one of these 3 categories. This is not an opinion, this is a fact and a pattern. Which I predict that will remain the same.

@Squirrelguy it is apparent that this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, relax. As for the verb "know", you do know yourself that for the past year ALL the buffs fall into one of these 3 categories. This is not an opinion, this is a fact and a pattern. Which I predict that will remain the same.

Nah it won't
    It's just a coincidence
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    It's going to be Groot
    Kabam John has been hinting heavily at it
    Moot4Life said:

Nah it won't
    It's just a coincidence

I don't believe in coincidences.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

It's going to be Groot
    Kabam John has been hinting heavily at it

And then Kabam Mike came out and said 100% not Groot... could be a smokescreen, but doubtful. He did confirm that it will be an overhaul though....

Moot4Life said:

Nah it won't
    It's just a coincidence

I don't believe in coincidences.
    My bad
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    I hope it's Groot and King Groot
    edited October 2020
    But let's keep it FUN because this thread is supposed to be FUN! My predictions:

OG Thor, who will now armor-break you at the start of the fight without touching you and all of his attacks will be TS.

Dr. Strange, who will have increased crit resistance and will be armor-break immune.

Not that I'm insinuating that these abilities counter certain over-used champs in the battle-realm...
    edited October 2020

But let's keep it FUN because this thread is supposed to be FUN! My predictions:

OG Thor, who will now armor-break you at the start of the fight without touching you and all of his attacks will be TS.

Dr. Strange, who will have increased crit resistance and will be armor-break immune.

Not that I'm insinuating that these abilities counter certain over-used champs in the battle-realm...

LOL I would be down for those abilities. And, to your other comment, if yours was tongue-in-cheek, then how do you know mine wasn't? Really, not trying to start anything, just being my over-analytical self.

As for my FUN buff ideas, I want to see Venompool be able to regen 3% health with every heavy attack, and do the buff eating/ create a random buff on heavy as well. This would give him way more accessible utility and entertainment value without really changing the ideas of his character build.

LOL I would be down for those abilities. And, to your other comment, if his was tongue-in-cheek, then how do you know mine wasn't?

As for my FUN buff ideas, I want to see Venompool be able to regen 3% health with every heavy attack, and do the buff eating/ create a random buff on heavy as well. This would give him way more accessible utility and entertainment value without really changing the ideas of his character build.
    please... no more heavy attack characters...
    Moot4Life said:

LOL I would be down for those abilities. And, to your other comment, if his was tongue-in-cheek, then how do you know mine wasn't?

please... no more heavy attack characters...
    Yeahhh that's fair. How about fourth light attack or something, similar to BWCV changing stances?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    Ms Marvel, Daredevil, Rogue or Dr. Strange. all viable for an upgrade. but a Mutant would be less likely ... but I put Rogue because of the Gambit buff that's inbound.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

Ms Marvel, Daredevil, Rogue or Dr. Strange. all viable for an upgrade. but a Mutant would be less likely ... but I put Rogue because of the Gambit buff that's inbound.

DAREDEVIL as I foretold as viable for upgrade!!
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★

Tech champ
    Mutant Champ
    Avenger

Nope.
  • MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★

Tech champ
    Mutant Champ
    Avenger

Change my mind.

impressive. everything is wrong.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Mitriax said:

Tech champ
    Mutant Champ
    Avenger

Change my mind.

Who knows, maybe with the overhaul, DHK gets better special animations that are "hard-to-evade"
    Mitriax said:

Tech champ
    Mutant Champ
    Avenger

Change my mind.

And you have no idea how happy I am that I was wrong! Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character of all time! I’m super excited for him and for being wrong! 😄