**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Don't feel like R2ing any of these with a rank up gem, am I wrong?

Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    I don't have a R2
    Current R5 roster
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    You are wrong not to r2 some of them. Maybe not with a gem. Save that so you can r3 easier.

But I took Thing, SS, and Colossus to r2 unduped and have zero regrets
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Jerkobson said:

You are wrong not to r2 some of them. Maybe not with a gem. Save that so you can r3 easier.

But I took Thing, SS, and Colossus to r2 unduped and have zero regrets

Was just going to say those 3 are worth it.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Just saw you have 5/65 SS. I’d do Col if I were you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Just saw you have 5/65 SS. I’d do Col if I were you

Ah. Missed that.
    Ebony_Naw said:

I may be the minority here, but colossus really gains a lot from his sig ability. He plays fine without it, but the ramp up can take considerably longer. If you're still in Act 5, he's worth it. But if you've moved on to Act 6 (and with that number of r5 champs I certainly hope you have), I wouldn't be so quick to rank him up.

Play around with him and see for yourself. If you don't mind the slower gameplay, he's a great r2 choice.

I've gotten act 6 completion
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165
    SS, IMIW (for defense mainly), Thing, Cull, and Colossus are all r2 worthy in my opinion.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Colossus,

He is one of the top 6R3 options in Mutant class, particularly given you don’t have a 5/65 Colossus.

If you care about prestige, highly recommend you R2 your Thing. He is the top 6R3 options in Science class.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    Easily colossus.
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Colossus, IMIW, Sym Supreme, Thing,Cull and @MaxGaming master
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

I may be the minority here, but colossus really gains a lot from his sig ability. He plays fine without it, but the ramp up can take considerably longer. If you're still in Act 5, he's worth it. But if you've moved on to Act 6 (and with that number of r5 champs I certainly hope you have), I wouldn't be so quick to rank him up.

Play around with him and see for yourself. If you don't mind the slower gameplay, he's a great r2 choice.

How do you have so many rank 5 tho? I've gotten completion as well, and explored all other acts, but only have 7 rank 5.

Granted, I have 6 t5 basics, but still...
    Kill_Grey said:

Ebony_Naw said:

How do you have so many rank 5 tho? I've gotten completion as well, and explored all other acts, but only have 7 rank 5.

I only have 12 R5, the bottom row is r4

Kill_Grey said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I only have 12 R5, the bottom row is r4
    Still quite a lot more than mine, lol
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    @Kill_Grey are you in a decent alliance? I'm in a map 4 only (admittedly we do 140m+ each round as our prestige is 9.2k) and the 2 chunks of t5b and 4/5 of t2a seriously boosts your rank up rate.

I'm broadly f2p (4.99 monthly unit deal only) only on 6.3.5 and only v5 once through and v4 100%... I have 8 5/65, 2 2/35 6* and 5 t5b still to use... Always short on t2a!

Getting decent glory each week and only using it on t5b and 2ta is a game changer.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey I am 3 paths away from completing Act 6 and I have 13 R5s and 2 6* R2s.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    100% all variants helps with r5 champs

@Kill_Grey are you in a decent alliance? I'm in a map 4 only (admittedly we do 140m+ each round as our prestige is 9.2k) and the 2 chunks of t5b and 4/5 of t2a seriously boosts your rank up rate.

I'm broadly f2p (4.99 monthly unit deal only) only on 6.3.5 and only v5 once through and v4 100%... I have 8 5/65, 2 2/35 6* and 5 t5b still to use... Always short on t2a!

Getting decent glory each week and only using it on t5b and 2ta is a game changer.

@Kill_Grey I am 3 paths away from completing Act 6 and I have 13 R5s and 2 6* R2s.

I have variant 3 and 4 explored, plus variant 5 complete as well. I'm in a gold 2 alliance, that does map 5×5 with 200 million AQ score.

The thing about my progression is that I missed a lot of events throughout the year mostly due to exams and coursework. I just started playing hardcore this September or so. Couldn't play throughout July cuz I got banned temporarily from the game. Missed every other month this year because of some external exams. Missed about every monthly EQ and side event before September, and couldn't be in a decent alliance until about last month.

Previous years have been similar. School had kept me very busy, so I couldn't find time to progress even though I've been playing since early 2015. My ingame rating is only about 650k.

Lmao, I did act 6 completion with only 5 rank 5's 😆
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

The thing about my progression is that I missed a lot of events throughout the year mostly due to exams and coursework. Missed every other month this year because of some external exams. Missed about every monthly EQ and side event before September.

Previous years have been similar. School had kept me very busy.
    You've been focused on infinitely more important progression; your investment in your real world future. This game should be treated as nothing more than a fleeting fancy in the grand scheme of things.

Ignore my comment, get back to your studies and get yourself some more "5/65" achievements in something that will give you the best career and life options/fulfillment :-)
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I think that’s reasonably normal.

4 of us in my ally all pushed to do act 6 when the idea of the nerfs were announced. We were all in that place at the time around 5 x r5s. Between then (early summer?) and now we’ve expanded to more like 15. Our ally isn’t much further ahead than yours, 1000-1500 aq placing. I’m sure you’ll press on pretty quick.

@Cowboyschamploo1 id save that r2 gem to aid easy thronebreaker title when you bag the T5cc. You’d have bases covered.

Coming back to my alliance mates, that for me is the rubbish thing about the new title. We are all very close in terms of progression and it was really cool to push each other to complete act 6, 100% variants etc. The journey to thronebreaker is much less of a shared experience.

Kill_Grey said:

The thing about my progression is that I missed a lot of events throughout the year mostly due to exams and coursework. Missed every other month this year because of some external exams. Missed about every monthly EQ and side event before September.

Previous years have been similar. School had kept me very busy.
    You've been focused on infinitely more important progression; your investment in your real world future. This game should be treated as nothing more than a fleeting fancy in the grand scheme of things.

Ignore my comment, get back to your studies and get yourself some more "5/65" achievements in something that will give you the best career and life options/fulfillment :-)
    Thank you, my man. That's some pretty helpful advise 🙂
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

I think that’s reasonably normal.

4 of us in my ally all pushed to do act 6 when the idea of the nerfs were announced. We were all in that place at the time around 5 x r5s. Between then (early summer?) and now we’ve expanded to more like 15. Our ally isn’t much further ahead than yours, 1000-1500 aq placing. I’m sure you’ll press on pretty quick.

@Cowboyschamploo1 id save that r2 gem to aid easy thronebreaker title when you bag the T5cc. You’d have bases covered.

Coming back to my alliance mates, that for me is the rubbish thing about the new title. We are all very close in terms of progression and it was really cool to push each other to complete act 6, 100% variants etc. The journey to thronebreaker is much less of a shared experience.
    I see. That's pretty cool.

I'm in a 20 million ally, but I believe I'm the only one that has even gone past 6.2, lol