**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 5: A Enjoyable Adventure

manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
Last year, I was a noob scared of 5.1.1 flare node (lol) and tried to refrain from doing the quest and furthermore progressing. Then, I had this determination to become uncollected. So months passed and from opening tons of 4* crystals in april, I found iceman. Few days later, found sentinel and r3d him. Ranked the big boys up and went to finish 5.2.4 (Lines in Sand, Masochism node). After that on May 4 9:43 MST I became uncollected. Energy was flowing around me and I was grateful to have this prestigious achievement. Next, I was nervous to start 5.3 because of the class attack reduction nodes. Last month, on the 19th I thought to finish the chapter asap. After 5.3, the next fights seemed simple but I stopped on 5.2.5. This was my favorite fight in act 5 overall because my claire voyant was gaining tons of power and I was spamming sp3. Next, mephisto would use his sp3 but I would stay at 1% and regen upto 15 percent (because my claire was duped) and I repeated this 3-4 times and lol the fight was pretty easy. Today, I thought to finish act 5. Went through the biohazard with sentinel and he cleared it easily. The ultron boss cost me 230 units and my medusa wasn't putting that much work. So used claire to finish him by spamming heavies and getting power which was used by sp3. Got a 5* regular and opened gulk which was pretty nice. Overall, act 5 was really fun and I enjoyed the fights.

Comments

• manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★

In this current meta with so many champs and much more champs viable for this kind of content, act 5 is really fun, but from what I’ve heard Act 5 was pretty annoying back in the day.

Absolutely. Since they were less counters for the fights.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    manan_44 said:

In this current meta with so many champs and much more champs viable for this kind of content, act 5 is really fun, but from what I’ve heard Act 5 was pretty annoying back in the day.

Absolutely. Since they were less counters for the fights.
    Much less
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Back then, archangel and blade where almost imperative for any hope of exploration. Quake wasn't well-known at that point, and a lot of others didn't exist.

This is pretty much from 2017 or so.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Back then, archangel and blade where almost imperative for any hope of exploration. Quake wasn't well-known at that point, and a lot of others didn't exist.

iceman, star lord, voodoo, cap ww2 and starky were MVPs as well for me

Kill_Grey said:

iceman, star lord, voodoo, cap ww2 and starky were MVPs as well for me
    Yeah, I forgot about starlord, Iceman and voodoo lol

Cap was good for the perfect block.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    For me, Act 5.4 is the best piece of story content so far (I am at gates of 6.3, so idk how Grandmaster is)
    Kerneas said:

For me, Act 5.4 is the best piece of story content so far (I am at gates of 6.3, so idk how Grandmaster is)

He's horrible for first timers.
  • Kerneas said:

There’s a lot of videos breaking that fight down. They’re far easier to understand than the wall of text on his description. Lagacy seems to have a video for a huge amount of different champions if you want to look there.
    Once you get your head around intentionally eating a hit it’s not too bad.
  • TheGoodStuffTheGoodStuff Posts: 20
    Mauled said:

Kerneas said:

There’s a lot of videos breaking that fight down. They’re far easier to understand than the wall of text on his description. Lagacy seems to have a video for a huge amount of different champions if you want to look there.
    Once you get your head around intentionally eating a hit it’s not too bad.
    also, Brian Grant has a good video where he breaks down the fight while using colossus, doesn’t necessarily teach you how to use any champion, but he tells you what you need to counter his abilities
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    5.4 is the best content to be released imo and 5.1/2 were pretty great as well. 5.3 was just an annoyance through and through imo.
    Etjama said:

5.4 is the best content to be released imo and 5.1/2 were pretty great as well. 5.3 was just an annoyance through and through imo.

Welp, 5.4 does have locked camera so...
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Welp, 5.4 does have locked camera so...
    but you still have the maps
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Next post after finishing a act 6 act 6 a cash grab adventure
  • AxonxeAxonxe Posts: 15
    an*
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Axonxe said:

an*

Why?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    must be fun to run a path in 5.3 with that 50% attack reduction using a r3 6 star.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Yeah act 5 is a ton of fun. Act 6 is still the worst content ever released.