**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I'm sad lol

Lol with week 4 of hades invasion and only being allowed 3 champs into the quest. I absolutely got spanked by Doom on epic difficulty. Looks like I'll going to master for week 5 lmao. Anyways, just looking for some tips for doom. Also, all those nodes really don't help KABAM! ;)

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    What are the nodes?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Doom has no extra nodes
  • Big_eggyBig_eggy Posts: 117
    Quake
  • Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
    Use red mags he destroys him
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

jaysavage said:

Lol with week 4 of hades invasion and only being allowed 3 champs into the quest. I absolutely got spanked by Doom on epic difficulty. Looks like I'll going to master for week 5 lmao. Anyways, just looking for some tips for doom. Also, all those nodes really don't help KABAM! ;)

In general, the best way to take down Doom is:

1. Learn to evade SP1 and bait that. SP2 is harder to evade fully, and a ton more lethal. SP1 takes some practice, but at the end of the day it is just a beam attack. It is Iron Man, if Iron Man could actually kill you.

2. Option one for dealing with his aura. When he fires SP1, slow play him. Let the aura expire before really attacking into him, and never use a special attack while it is up. Hold the special until it expires (unless you're using SP3).

3. Option two for dealing with is aura. Use something with slow or petrify, when he has either debuff the aura won't trigger. That will make him easier to kill with special attacks.

My two most common go-to options when it comes to Doom is Void and CapIW (with the right team mates). CapIW with a tech teammate can place petrify on well-timed block. This turns off Doom's aura, and he becomes easier to kill. CapIW is also very tanky and doesn't rely on buffs, so if you can't play Doom perfectly he's more likely to survive longer. Void in my opinion is better if you can evade Doom's SP1 fairly well, because not only can Void apply petrify, Void deals a lot of damage through his passive damage over time effects which makes Void less reliant on critical damage (Doom has high crit resistance) and makes it easier to slow-play Doom and give him less power and less specials you have to avoid while your debuffs melt him. Both have class advantage, by the way.

But anything can kill Doom, if you play it right.
    I accidentally mastered dodging his SP2 and still suck at the SP1. But it worked out to keep that aura down. But that’s just one more factor in why I am not a top player, mastering the wrong full evades on specials.
  • jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    By nodes I meant I was using the boost which whenever the attackers shock does not activate the defender regenerates 10% health with a 8 second cool down. The shock boost for Hades thing.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Quake
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    jaysavage said:

By nodes I meant I was using the boost which whenever the attackers shock does not activate the defender regenerates 10% health with a 8 second cool down. The shock boost for Hades thing.

Well, you do just not touch these „buffs“ and you‘re fine.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Stealthy works surprisingly well for Doom. Slow + can actually crit against the guy.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Human Torch has entered the chat
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Red mags all day long .
  • I used 👻
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I have a team of Surfer, Warlock, CapIW. That beats all 5 lanes and Doom handily.
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    The strat is to get him to s2 so he doesnt activate aura and you can just full dex that its much easier than s1.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Doom is not hard if you know how to fight him. Then nodes, have counters. You don’t have to counter all of them each time. You can indict a certain debuff, or bring and immune.
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    edited October 2020
    AA abuses him all the time. 5 heavies nd he's
    dead.
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    You can use any DOT character against Doom, other than the ones that deal shock damage. You can also use burst damage characters that don't rely on armour break debuffs, or you can just adopt an ancient sacred method:

git gud lol
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i haven't tried the doom event yet but just like any other mystic, HT should take care of it.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

The strat is to get him to s2 so he doesnt activate aura and you can just full dex that its much easier than s1.

This. The timing window on dexing the last beam of his sp2 is easier than his sp1 beam window plus the lack of aura activation.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    KM on caltrops node, any tip for him. I tried 4* magik with bleed immunity boost but suicide + heal block is killing me
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Ab_Samad said:

KM on caltrops node, any tip for him. I tried 4* magik with bleed immunity boost but suicide + heal block is killing me

Do you have an armor break champion?
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★

Ab_Samad said:

Do you have an armor break champion?
    Armour break champs isn't working cause power is ridiculous. I tried without boost with Corvus but I ran out of charges