**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Yanivl69Yanivl69 Posts: 28
    Any updates about the arena revert?
    I am playing 4s featured and its the same since last update
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

@Gamer just because some people don't want to spend a few seconds longer in arena.. does that mean those who do want to grind it with all their champs, shouldn't be able to?

This argument keeps coming up with every game mode. If you dont want to spend time in a game mode, you're doing the milestones and stopping. Now those who want to grind it and spend a lot more time in it, are being punished, why? Because those who don't want to play it, and hardly play it want to complain..

I’m nothing against anything I’m just didn’t like it I’m like the AI being very agersiv
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Yanivl69 said:

Definitively normal to me. Changes reverted and AI less passive
  • Yanivl69Yanivl69 Posts: 28

Yanivl69 said:

Definitively normal to me. Changes reverted and AI less passive
    Thanks
    I thought i need to update the game
    I will check again
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Sorry your ability to run low ranks in the arena didn’t work out. It’s understandable to mourn the loss of it but it’s just plain dumb to be lying about the side effects, reasons for complaints, scope of the problem and impact it had on other player’s enjoyment of the arenas because you don’t like it.

I could say the same about yours. Because you cant be asked doing 10 more hits with your best champions, you've removed the ability for grinders to use their entire rosters.. but hey. You dont care as long as you can reach the milestones and stop.
    Please stop lying.

Youre lying to yourself mate, and clearly stupid too if you think a 2x death match is unfair vs a 4x deathmatch.
    Yeah you killed my sympathy and patience for you. Have fun suffering in arenas peasant. Suck it up buttercup.
    Peasant 😂😂 lets see your roster then. Hit your milestones and stop.. enjoy ruining the game for people who actually want to play
    It easier to tell you what I don’t have. I’m missing Exactly two champions in the basic crystal pool and I own every champion that has been through the arenas. My roster doesn’t not consist of a single r2 or lower 4* champion, or r1 5* champion. I couldn’t even run my entire roster in the arenas with 2x matches because my refreshing 4* would lap my roster.

You don’t understand, I put in more arena time in a month than you will in your game career. I’ve picked up at least one round of every champion for well over a year. I pick up the rerun champions for the 6* shards. I have a top 20 arena wins on Game Center for iOS.

You sir are arguing to ruin the game with 2x matches.
    Well there’s an filter for that if your 4* keep overlapping your 5*.... you crazy idiot
  • Zero_USHZero_USH Posts: 17
    Can you please release a deathmatch arena for the ones that really enjoy this mess up possible rewards t2 alpha shards,5*-6* shards
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61

A 2x death match is easily beatable. A 4x deathmatch is a lot harder.

People are saying they had their algorithm of I can use these champs and those champs - what if I dont want to sandbag, or ive already ranked champs.

4* arena. Sandbag using 3*s
    5* & 6* arena. Sangbag using 4*s.

It is not hard.. the issue isn't the change. The issue is people cry about deathmatches, cry area is too long and too hard to do. People which are unwilling to try a positive change or try change their way of playing to see something for what it really is..

Kabam mad a positive change that helped EVERYONE. Not just those with a big roster. Not just those who want to grind everything. Everyone benefitted from it.

In what? 6/12 months when R4 6*s are introduced, ill post up here and see who's crying about it then.

Another thing.. previous arena. 31 streak. I could use my 4* R1s, no sandbagging no nothing. X2 match.. easy to beat.. this one.. I purposefully lost my streak at the start. I reached 33 streak. Used my R1 5*s.. Guess what.. 3 R3 6*s.. but people were crying about ohh I have a R5* 5* against an R2/R3* 6*..

Yes.. some of the matches are hard. But you could use every single champion you wanted in that arena. In one run of the last arena I earned 15m, this one I had to stop at 10m.. because I faced up against R3 6*s with R2 5*s - and I won 3 sets like that before having to stop.

As everyone on the forums loves to say. Get Good. I face 4X death matches - and I have for years without moaning.. we're given 2X death matches and everyone cries. Get Good.. simple as. It doesn't take much concentration. If you cant give it enough concentration. Sandbag. It was a pro-player move which actually helped F2P grinders and now its ruined..

Go ahead.. hit the dislike button 👍 you know its true. You just don't want to give 10% more effort and as a result, those who actually want to grind, cant.

Lol, who’s crying???

I am an arena grinder 100% free 2 play. New system, old system, didn’t matter to me. I will say though that I knew the old system and could use all my champs in the 5* featured arena without having to sacrifice any of them to sandbagging. No lost fights means more points in less time. It has nothing to do with needing to get good. It has to do with personal preference, some liked the changes, others didn’t. Kabam must have felt that there were more that didn’t like the changes. Thus, the reason they changed it back at least for now.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Zero_USH said:

Can you please release a deathmatch arena for the ones that really enjoy this mess up possible rewards t2 alpha shards,5*-6* shards

If you genuinely enjoy it, you don't need massive rewards for it. It isn't hard to engineer match ups like that and harder. If you're fishing for vastly higher rewards in the arena, a game mode that allows almost unlimited farming and allows players to gain thousands of units a month on top of bonus milestone rewards and champion crystal shards, good luck with that.
  • Zero_USHZero_USH Posts: 17
    DNA3000 said:

Zero_USH said:

If you genuinely enjoy it, you don't need massive rewards for it. It isn't hard to engineer match ups like that and harder. If you're fishing for vastly higher rewards in the arena, a game mode that allows almost unlimited farming and allows players to gain thousands of units a month on top of bonus milestone rewards and champion crystal shards, good luck with that.
    im a free player, i do arena for battle chips, i do have a life beside this game, don´t do drugs, or let anyone else use my account and never use 3rd party so i can´t do 1000+ streak, i forgot to put it would be really cool to have another arena much harder maybe 6*r4 or r5, maybe with another harder arena ppl with bots or that pay real money to others to grind arena will be ban just because they won´t have enough time to do everything
  • mijrahimijrahi Posts: 12

The "Infinite Streak" is not a feature of the game, but rather the result of the requirements/calculations for finding matches. It is always changing and will continue to do so as more and more players have access to higher ranked Champions.

This change is not made only for those that are "in the know" about the Infinite Streak. We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

I have to beg to differ on both of these statements by one of the Kabaam monkeys. Since the infinite streak feature (yes it is a feature of the game) has been part of the game for the five or so years I have been playing and whether or not it was originally intended to be a feature or not, because Kabaam intentionally left if in the game, they made an informed decision not to remove this feature, it then becomes an official feature of the game. It doesn't matter what marketing speak you utter to the contrary. Kabaam made an intentional decision to make the infinite streak a feature of the game.

Also, the Kabaam monkeys, and Kabaam officially, in the forums said that this abrogation they have foisted on the players, mostly likely to extract real dollars from players, since Kabaam is a for profit enterprise, was to be for the most part corrected yesterday ahead of the arenas today. But I don't see it. As soon as I hit fight 12, I'm fighting teams that are 2-3 times my teams pi and it's mostly Dr. Doom dominated teams. This is a complete load of bovine excrement.

I'm a free 2 player and always will be, depending on how much longer I can stand to do arenas the way they are now. I don't have the kind of time that this game is starting to demand to be successful in even a limited way. WHEN ARE ARENAS REALLY GOING TO BE FIXED KABAAM? I don't mind the more aggressive opponents, but I really do want to be able to streak. It's the only way to get any consistent decent awards. And if you're going to take that away from us. You might as well shut down the game, because there will be no fun playing it.
    mijrahi said:

The "Infinite Streak" is not a feature of the game, but rather the result of the requirements/calculations for finding matches. It is always changing and will continue to do so as more and more players have access to higher ranked Champions.

This change is not made only for those that are "in the know" about the Infinite Streak. We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

I have to beg to differ on both of these statements by one of the Kabaam monkeys. Since the infinite streak feature (yes it is a feature of the game) has been part of the game for the five or so years I have been playing and whether or not it was originally intended to be a feature or not, because Kabaam intentionally left if in the game, they made an informed decision not to remove this feature, it then becomes an official feature of the game. It doesn't matter what marketing speak you utter to the contrary. Kabaam made an intentional decision to make the infinite streak a feature of the game.

Also, the Kabaam monkeys, and Kabaam officially, in the forums said that this abrogation they have foisted on the players, mostly likely to extract real dollars from players, since Kabaam is a for profit enterprise, was to be for the most part corrected yesterday ahead of the arenas today. But I don't see it. As soon as I hit fight 12, I'm fighting teams that are 2-3 times my teams pi and it's mostly Dr. Doom dominated teams. This is a complete load of bovine excrement.

I'm a free 2 player and always will be, depending on how much longer I can stand to do arenas the way they are now. I don't have the kind of time that this game is starting to demand to be successful in even a limited way. WHEN ARE ARENAS REALLY GOING TO BE FIXED KABAAM? I don't mind the more aggressive opponents, but I really do want to be able to streak. It's the only way to get any consistent decent awards. And if you're going to take that away from us. You might as well shut down the game, because there will be no fun playing it.
    You seem to be a bit late to the party, as the post you take exception to has already been discussed thoroughly, the changes themselves have been explained in more detail, Kabam admitted that the change had an unintended and undesirable side effect, and they reverted that change for the arenas that started Monday. I've tested them myself thoroughly, and as far as I can tell the behavior is exactly back to what it was originally.
  • mijrahimijrahi Posts: 12
    DNA3000 said:

mijrahi said:

You seem to be a bit late to the party, as the post you take exception to has already been discussed thoroughly, the changes themselves have been explained in more detail, Kabam admitted that the change had an unintended and undesirable side effect, and they reverted that change for the arenas that started Monday. I've tested them myself thoroughly, and as far as I can tell the behavior is exactly back to what it was originally.
    I don't know which version of this game you're playing, but Kabaam has not changed things back to where they were before. I've tried to hit streak several times today, and every time I hit fight 12 I get hit with a team greater than twice my team PI and always with a Doom and two other high level God-tier or higher champs. This never happened before the changes, so if they "FIXED IT" why is it still happening now. This is not an improvement in my game experience, it's a major step back. The major problem isn't so much the team pi of the opponents, it's the pool of champs they are pulling from. I'm not seeing the range of opponent champs I was before the changes. It's mostly god-tier or higher and it's almost always the same champs. There is no diversity at ll. These are the same bovine excrement fights I was experiencing right after they implemented the bogus changes.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    mijrahi said:

DNA3000 said:

mijrahi said:

I don't know which version of this game you're playing, but Kabaam has not changed things back to where they were before. I've tried to hit streak several times today, and every time I hit fight 12 I get hit with a team greater than twice my team PI and always with a Doom and two other high level God-tier or higher champs. This never happened before the changes, so if they "FIXED IT" why is it still happening now. This is not an improvement in my game experience, it's a major step back. The major problem isn't so much the team pi of the opponents, it's the pool of champs they are pulling from. I'm not seeing the range of opponent champs I was before the changes. It's mostly god-tier or higher and it's almost always the same champs. There is no diversity at ll. These are the same bovine excrement fights I was experiencing right after they implemented the bogus changes.
    It should be 13, not 12. And after 15 you avoid Thanos/Kang teams.
  • Sburton670Sburton670 Posts: 53
    What is goin on in arenas. I have been grinding arenas for 4 and a half years and never has it seemed so hard.i will get to x3 streak 6 or 7 and get beat lol.im not the best but my win streak is 168 and so close to cyber weekend. I'm trying to save units but not goin to happen at this rate
    mijrahi said:

DNA3000 said:

mijrahi said:

If you're saying that the game *never* sent you teams higher than PIx2 in the range of 9-15, then it is you that has been playing a completely different game from everyone else. Those higher than x2 teams are precisely the deathmatches that the change was intended to remove and did remove. There are literally hundreds of posts commenting on the fact that the problem with the change was that it didn't just cap the teams to x2, it continued to generate ~ x2 matches deep into the streak for teams that ordinarily would be generating x1 match ups under the old system.
  • I'm not a great fighter so I struggle at higher levels (physical disability, not something that can be corrected with practice), but I was always able to grind arenas with not much effort, maintaining a 3x multiplier for multiple rounds. I stopped grinding arenas because the milestone rewards were useless to me and the really good rank rewards required a level of play I couldn't achieve.

Then Kabam changed solo event rewards. Now they are much better, including the ranked portion. And most solo events can be done via arenas, with a few exceptions.
    A month after they made the solo event reward improvements, arenas were changed and became, effectively, massively more difficult. Here's my personal experience, based on my abilities:

BEFORE:
    1. All the fights at multipliers under 3x were ranked Easy
    2. 3x Fights would gradually become more difficult as you kept winning sets
    3. Rarely would I encounter opponents with "suicide" masteries
    4. Losing a 3x multiplier streak wasn't much of a heart breaker because re-gaining it was easy
    5. Winning all 3 fights in a set was trivial except after many rounds (like 10-15)

AFTER:
    1. All fights, regardless of multiplier, are ranked hard. MAYBE medium. Rarely.
    2. By the time you hit a 3x multiplier you're facing 6-star maxed out, awakened toons
    3. About one third or more of opponents have suicide masteries.
    4. I can't win more than one 3x set before I lose my multiplier, minimizing point gain
    5. Winning all 3 fights in a set is only possible at the lower multipliers.

Honestly, it's pretty clear to me the motivation for Kabam was to counter-balance the increased solo event rewards, and the arena grinding that made them profitable. Yes, the arenas are harder. Kabam literally eliminated all "easy" fights (which is disingenuous at the lowest multipliers) and made the AI significantly more aggressive (I had to laugh at the Kabam statement this somehow makes the fight easier. Someone is taking spin lessons from politicians!).

Even though Kabam claimed to have fixed the match-making as of October 11th, I haven't seen it. My arenas are painful and disheartening. And I won't be able to get the units I was trying to grind before the end of today, which means I won't be spending money to increase my units balance. It doesn't work that way, Kabam. You take away are free units and we don't just hand us over all the money.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    mijrahi said:

The Infinite Streak, as well as the formulae that people use to achieve it, are not actual intended goals. They're the result of people learning the threshold parameters for Matchmaking that add difficulty. While they've been known and in existence for years, they're not really an intended method of game play. That's what he was saying.

Honestly, it's pretty clear to me the motivation for Kabam was to counter-balance the increased solo event rewards, and the arena grinding that made them profitable. Yes, the arenas are harder. Kabam literally eliminated all "easy" fights (which is disingenuous at the lowest multipliers) and made the AI significantly more aggressive (I had to laugh at the Kabam statement this somehow makes the fight easier. Someone is taking spin lessons from politicians!).

Okay, I think I see what might be happening here. When I (and most people) say the arena match ups have returned to normal, we mean the actual champions we're facing have returned to the PI levels we expect to see. I look at PI. to me, this:

is back to normal. The PI levels are all comparable to my actual team. I hardly look at the "Easy/Hard" words, because those do not correlate to difficulty directly. I suspect the reason why we might be seeing most or all of the teams show "Hard" is because that's how they added the new AI profile to the arena. The "Hard" profile is the one that aggressively throws specials.

Now, because every player is different, I suspect there are players who think that aggressively throwing specials is bad, because I would assume they have more difficulty dealing with them. But the very long-standing complaint in the arena is passive AI where the AI either doesn't attack or doesn't throw specials. It is the combination of high PI and passive AI that creates the kinds of match ups that frustrate most arena grinders. You can't beat a champ that will insta-kill you with a special three because their PI is three times higher than yours and refuses to throw a special until they reach three bars of power.

(I also suspect there are players who are just seeing the word Hard and complaining about it without actually making any attempt to evaluate if the fights themselves are indeed harder).

If there are players that are keying off of the word "Hard" and not the actual champions themselves, or who do not like to face more aggressive AI, then the problem here is that the word Hard doesn't correlate to the actual strength of the champion, and the more aggressive AI is something they put in after literally years of player requests for that very behavior. In fact, its a long standing request for AQ AI as well.

Can't please everyone, and for years the majority complaint in the arena has been either get rid of deathmatches or get rid of the passive AI. Both changes are responses to long standing player feedback. It does make the arena much easier to deal with and much more enjoyable for the vast majority of players I've ever spoken to. They flubbed the deathmatch change but that change has been reverted. The match I posted above is exactly what others are seeing as being a complete reversion to the old behavior. The "Hard" is, I suspect, connected to the AI change that players have been asking for, and most have had a positive response to.

Your theory that Kabam is trying to offset increased arena rewards has a critical flaw. For *most* players, the AI change is a positive one. And the deathmatch one has been reverted, so it can't be making the arena any harder than it used to be. Kabam is working on figuring out a way to eliminate death matches and high PI match ups, which again would not cause the average player to generate fewer points. That seems to make that theory completely untenable.
    I asked Kabam to confirm if my theory was correct and the "Hard" in the match up screen in the arena designates the AI profile of that match. Kabam confirms that at least with regard to the arenas where the AI was changed to the more aggressive mode, the "Hard" designates the aggressive AI, not any specific intent to assert that fight is harder than normal. It is just that when they forced those arenas to use the more aggressive AI, the arena lists that AI profile as "Hard."

So if anyone thinks that the arena showing all "Hard" implies that Kabam is trying to make the arena harder, that's not true. In fact, the opposite is true: the intent is to make the arena opponents more aggressive when throwing specials, which makes them easier to bait and less likely to reach special three, and more predictable overall. Aside from being more aggressive in general, I haven't seen the "Hard" AI in the arenas exhibiting any particular tricks that make them more difficult to fight. They are easier to bait, and easier to counter attack, but otherwise more or less like the previous arena AI in other respects.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★

Arena matchmaking changes have been effective, at least for my preference. This is at 110x streak and I haven't encountered teams with a total rating that's 1.5x that of mine. Cheers, MCOC team. 🍻
  • YourekYourek Posts: 11

"Arena matchmaking changes have been effective" Yea right :smile: 34 win-streak surprise

• Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    So ridiculous after getting an initial 65 win streak in the five star arena I can’t even get to a 10 win streak without getting multiple death matches!