**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Diversity is worse than it was previously

The AW update was supposed to encourage diversity and make AW more engaging. It seems the exact opposite. Now every single alliance puts a Korg on Mixmaster, and it's not uncommon to see 3-4 Nick Furies, 3-4 Things, and 3-4 Korgs in every BG. And most BGs need someone with Quake or BWCV to clear certain nodes. The rewards for diversity are too low, and certain champs on specific nodes have become overused. Given the commitment that AW requires (12 wars, and 9 active people to clear each BG), the lack of improvement is very disappointing.

Specifically
- Mixmaster and Rage nodes require such exact counters with the wrong champ that they should be rethought for AW
- Diversity should count for more than 30 points. 1 death is worth almost 3 diversity points

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If diversity isn’t worth it then why do all the top alliances run max diversity? And of course there are best placements, and of course most alliances use that, but that means you can have specific members who master that matchup and can take it every time
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    @Lvernon15 if it's the same exact champions on specific nodes, then that's not diversity. That's AQ. And this is not about the top whale alliances, it's about the actual majority who play the game.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

@Lvernon15 if it's the same exact champions on specific nodes, then that's not diversity. That's AQ. And this is not about the top whale alliances, it's about the actual majority who play the game.

That's what I keep telling people. Fighting the same champions on the same nodes everyday is what makes AQ such a grind. AW should be different but that only happens in low tier war. The higher up you go, the more static things become
    Champs will always be on similar nodes because there is a certain ‘best node’ for each champ, that’s simply strategy
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    @Lvernon15 then why have AW? That's just story mode if it's certain nodes matched to certain champs. AW was meant to be unique and different each time. It's become more static and stale since the update. And a bunch of alliances have dropped out because of it. Yes, I have beaten the Korg on Mixmaster that everyone puts there, I know how to play it, but I would also be happy if AW went away. It's only become worse with the updates. Maybe better for Kabam because AW revives are so expensive. But not for the actual players.

@Lvernon15 then why have AW? That's just story mode if it's certain nodes matched to certain champs. AW was meant to be unique and different each time. It's become more static and stale since the update. And a bunch of alliances have dropped out because of it. Yes, I have beaten the Korg on Mixmaster that everyone puts there, I know how to play it, but I would also be happy if AW went away. It's only become worse with the updates. Maybe better for Kabam because AW revives are so expensive. But not for the actual players.

It simply doesn’t work out in a way where you’ll get massive variation
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Mixmaster korg is an easy solo rn
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    I think kbm's attempt to diversify AW was Defender Tactics (which so many players hate). As we know there are usually two DTs max that allis will pick between. And we'll always see the same champs on the same nodes coz, as was mentioned above, it's the logical strategy for everybody.

Personally, instead of continuously feeling frustrated over AW and asking for improvements, giving feedback, I retired from the mode and couldn't be happier :)

Imo matchmaking was a good fix, but too little too late and not enough to make up for lengthy and tiring Seasons, overly punishing node combinations, pale rewards, bugs, cheaters, etc, etc.