**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gambit buff release notes are out!

SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-gambit/
He looks seriously good now on paper. Lets see what everyone else thinks. He has bleed resistance, big sp damage, he counters thorns, a new ability called Flax Jacket and what i think is a namor like sig ability. I can't wait to test him out when the buff goes live!

Comments

• SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    hes also gonna be great for suicides and the only bad thing i see so far is the reduction of stun chance on sp1 from 100% to 85%. would have been cool to see him get some new synergies but its fine.
  • YagruoyYagruoy Posts: 8
    On paper he looks crazy good
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    falcon looks interesting as well. he doesnt appear to need the dupe, unless you want better crits. imo gambit looks better on paper but im excited to play with both of them.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    I also have a 5 star falcon...that's why I was excited about both...he looks like a good evade counter
  • i have a gambit as a 6 star. can’t wait to see what he’s like in game because hopefully then he will actually be viable...
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Just watch some old Gambit gameplay, he deal some ok damage with 180% prowess, now imagine it with 400% prowess, that gonna be crazy. Btw answer to OP, it is like Omega red's Tentacle hits
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Just imagine Gambit becomes Beyong god tier....I cannot wait man
  • ahmm474756ahmm474756 Posts: 86
    His flak jacket looks good...crazy stuns....I think he is gonna be a prowess god
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Just imagine Gambit becomes Beyong god tier....I cannot wait man

Me too
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

Unknown character in one of Falcon's synergies? Consider me intrigued...

For the upcoming buffs, I'll wait for a YouTuber to dumb it down for me. I'm severely confused, probably because I don't even know what the current abilities of the champs look like.

Captain Falcon? US Agent? Another Winter Soldier?
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    Surprise Seatin hasn’t done a video about them.
  • I shall wait for some gameplay on them. I may have use for gambit yet. I still don't like falcon, but thats personal. Maybe I'll be abel to use that 6* now though
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

hes also gonna be great for suicides and the only bad thing i see so far is the reduction of stun chance on sp1 from 100% to 85%. would have been cool to see him get some new synergies but its fine.

It has actually always been 85% in the description, but I believe in increases based on armour rating so it ends up being a stun every time
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I havent read the abilities, but reading your comments made me excited cause my last 6 star pull was gambit and i also have a 5 star falcon.

Now on to read both new abilities =)
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    As some one who has a duped Gambit in quite pleased with this update
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Im assuming the -100% bleed thing works like Surfer's? The debuff still shows up, so I can a) still use AA against him and b) use him on Biohazard or bleed nodes and heal?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Isn’t this same as the old Gambit stun chance?

Dr. Zola
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    @DrZola he currently has 2% increased AA for each blocking charge, so it goes up to 100% assuming you don’t cash them in.

I didn’t see that in the new abilities so idk what’s up with that.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Got it @Hammerbro_64

Dr. Zola