**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Specials not executing. [WORKING ON A FIX] [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BigDWSUBigDWSU Posts: 212
    Same problem.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Just happened to a guy in my alliance in two different fights.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There is another thread on this issue where a Mod said they are working on a fix atm
  • TwistNruNTwistNruN Posts: 8
    Same here.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Same with me when using dormammu’s Sp1 In 1v1 arena. Just stood there and didn’t actually do the special but still lost the power.
  • Same with my iron man in quest
  • ArrsssArrsss Posts: 41
    I also am having this issue across the board with most champs
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Same here. Major annoyance.
  • BigDWSUBigDWSU Posts: 212
    edited September 2017
    Hey All,

We are aware of this bug and are working on a fix for it at the moment. Because this bug is caused by control inputs following the activation of a special, the way to avoid this from occurring is to avoid making any inputs within the first few frames of the Special Attack.

This means activate your special, then avoid tapping on the screen while the Special activates. For instance, tap your combo (MLLLM), then hit the special button, then thumbs off the screen while the special starts, and then back into playing.

That doesn't work Mike
  • I'm also unable to use specials following a 5 hit combo. Happens with all champs. So I guess fix one thing, break another
  • SantapjSantapj Posts: 6
    Hey All,

We are aware of this bug and are working on a fix for it at the moment. Because this bug is caused by control inputs following the activation of a special, the way to avoid this from occurring is to avoid making any inputs within the first few frames of the Special Attack.

This means activate your special, then avoid tapping on the screen while the Special activates. For instance, tap your combo (MLLLM), then hit the special button, then thumbs off the screen while the special starts, and then back into playing.

For a game based around recognizing patterns and rewarding quick reactions, this solution strikes me as completely disingenuous. If the game is being overloaded by inputs, there is clearly a base level flaw in its mechanics and sitting waiting to get smacked in the face while a special gets activated isn’t exactly enticing. Not trying to be a smart arse but certainly trying to convey in a respectful manner that the continual issues with this game that fail to reward skill are growing tiresome.

For the record, today alone I have had:

IM fail to engage SP2 and just stand there staring at my opponent.

Vision (R5 sig99) fail to steal power from SP1.

Rogue (R5 sig 99) fail to steal power from SP2.

iPhone 6s running iOS 11.0.1
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Can’t wait to start AQ Map 6 tomorrow with all these issues.... just don’t use specials or don’t touch the screen and we should be just fine, right?
  • BrettavinBrettavin Posts: 2
    Same happened to me while using iceman but i figured out that if you hold down rather than just press to activate the special it works. I would be interested to know if other people can get specials to work this way, could be a way to get around the issue until they have a proper fix.
  • Hey All,

Didn't work, however this did.
    Brettavin wrote: »
    Same happened to me while using iceman but i figured out that if you hold down rather than just press to activate the special it works. I would be interested to know if other people can get specials to work this way, could be a way to get around the issue until they have a proper fix.

• Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Happened to me in AW against a boss Nightcrawler I was using Iron Patriot activated sp2 heard sound effects no movement NC was running forward nothing happened.Used Crossbones in arena sp2 sound effects drained power no shotgun.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Was about to post a new discussion. Glad I looked first. I do have video of this
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Been experiencing this to, mostly with gambit, I would go to hit the special and it would take the bar but he would not do the animation and just stands there.

I don't understand how you keep making all these bugs and issues crop up, what are you doing to make them happen and what are you doing during these "fixes" to create even more issues.

Honestly at this point you need to do the very thing you don't want to, which is take the game down for a little while and fix the long long list of bugs and issues that this game.
  • How many times do we have to eat potions and revives because of your bugs? "Oops, sorry about that, guys...did I do that?" This is absurd. AQ starts tomorrow.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    While I can state how unpleased I am to get smacked in the face from a miscalculation on your end all I want to know is:

Seriously why was this even tampered with? I've said this before but your testers aren't coming through for you. As common of an error as this is, someone should have saw this coming and swatted this bug before it hatched her eggs. Just shut the game down for however long it takes and fix the video game. The only reward/compensation I want is a game that functions as it should
  • KasmeinKasmein Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    For sure happening to me, Of course I tried becoming uncollected tonight. The worst part is that some mechanics in act 5 require defensive abilities to be reduced, and that's nearly always through specials, atleast in my roster. I'm down atleast a few revives from this

On iOs iPhone 7 plus 11.0.1
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    same issue happen here and cause me to lose my champs in arena and quest! fix and compensate please!
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Well I can't post a new discussion so idk if it's a problem that's known. But I guess this is as close to the right kind of threat because Quake's Sp3 is not stunning!!! But of course I know y'all want more. It was in arena against a Cable. Android. Galaxy s8+. Android Version 7. And most current up-to-date Mcoc. How is Quake so broken at the time u bring out Mephisto and she's suppose to b his weakness!
  • Hi,
    Am having problem with SP1 and 2 when even I try using it all I get is the sound of the action but nothing happens. My champ just remain in one position and the opponent gets power increment. This has made me loose some arena battle...
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    If your steering wheel, gas pedal, or brakes didn't work on a car consistently would you drive it? That's what you're asking us to do whole you fix it.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Happened to me in AW against a boss Nightcrawler I was using Iron Patriot activated sp2 heard sound effects no movement NC was running forward nothing happened.Used Crossbones in arena sp2 sound effects drained power no shotgun.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Svain wrote: »
    I know there is another thread, but wanted to create a new one so it didn't get lost amongst the pages. Seems the timing is working correctly now, but now this cropped up.

https://youtu.be/Rx4o54HhgT4

Looks awesome though. Lmao