**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Here are the Falcon buff notes

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Honestly I would need to see him in action. I do think Gambit got the better buff, but then again locked on with the lower cooldown might be very nice.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    so excited
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Honestly I would need to see him in action. I do think Gambit got the better buff, but then again locked on with the lower cooldown might be very nice.

Where is the gambit buff notes? I can't find it
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Chikel there is another thread floating around general discussion for gambits buff
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Wicket329 said:

It sounds like he will (almost) be to evade champions what Torch is to Mystics. Just able to scale up damage to a genuinely absurd degree. This may sound niche (because it is), but also some of the most difficult content in the game has evasion involved. Every single Abyss and Labyrinth fight, for example.
    Or every single alliance war that has a mix master Korg, Falcon will absolutely shred. Just activate locked on right at the start of the fight and go to town. With 100% ability accuracy reduction, korg won’t shrug off parries or send thorns damage back, and anytime mix master would have been triggered you get additional damage. He’s definitely got his uses now.

You really think he'll be viable for Mix Master Korg? The problem I see is that there's no way he'll end the fight in 14 seconds so you'll just have these damage intervals mixed in with intervals where you can't do much since you're waiting on the cool down for Red Wing.

Side note: When it says "When the opponent fails to trigger an evade", does it mean:
    (a) When fighting Black Widow with a 7% evade chance, you gain crit damage on every hit that she doesn't evade? Or
    (b) You'll only gain crit damage when your AAR prevents an evade that would've triggered?

Cause if it's the second one, Falcon still kinda sucks.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

You really think he'll be viable for Mix Master Korg? The problem I see is that there's no way he'll end the fight in 14 seconds so you'll just have these damage intervals mixed in with intervals where you can't do much since you're waiting on the cool down for Red Wing.

Side note: When it says "When the opponent fails to trigger an evade", does it mean:
    (a) When fighting Black Widow with a 7% evade chance, you gain crit damage on every hit that she doesn't evade? Or
    (b) You'll only gain crit damage when your AAR prevents an evade that would've triggered?

Cause if it's the second one, Falcon still kinda sucks.

Yeah, I’m thinking that if you have it active when he would regain his rock stacks, it will be permanently shutoff. I think that’s what the spotlight is getting at.
    As for the other question, that I don’t know. Probably the second one though
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Does feel like they've changed his overall mechanics but instead beefed them up. And I'm fine with that.

I'll need to see him in action (and I have a very low rank 5* I will take for a spin) but it seems like in the right scenario, he can do some major numbers. Like most evade champs you can really build your damage. And they make the Lock On more available.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    He looks really disappointing.
  • PulliPulli Posts: 116
    Having Gambit Falcon as my first 6 stars doesn't look so bad anymore
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    He also has a synergy with Thor ragnarok coming soon. Thor ragnarok is getting buffed!!???
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Like others have said the cooldown feels way too long. On evade heavy fights where you're basically using him for the evade shutdown there's already champs out there who don't have to spend a third of the fight without their evade counter active. Maybe the damage increase will be enough to tolerate the long cooldown, we'll see when it goes live, but someone like NT or Elsa can do the same job without it. Cut it down to 4-5 seconds and it seems more practical to be worth using.

It’s not about making him the best option , it’s about making him a viable option. Sure , may take a little longer , but Elsa and Nick cant counter thorns, or korgs?

It’s worth using if you don’t have them either
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

I think he looks phenomenal.

CCP videos coming soon? 👀