**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Really? Another Mutant?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
I don't have a big problem with Gambit and Falcon getting buffs. They both deserve them. Even though they do need buffs, there are other champs that need it more. I mean the last few buffs have been Magneto, Magneto House of X, Colossus, Hulkbuster, and P2099. And now we have Falcon and Gambit. Out of the last 7, we have 4 mutants, 2 techs, and 1 skill. The cosmic class is good, but doesn't have many god tiers. I would say CMM and Hyperion are. You could argue that Venom and VTD are. But why not buff a champion that has no utility at all like Groot, King Groot, or Superior Iron Man? Even if you don't want to buff a cosmic, I would recommend buffing a science champ like Joe Fixit. I would argue that out of the 30 mutants in the game, I would say that there are 8 god tiers.

Comments

• Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

I don't have a big problem with Gambit and Falcon getting buffs. They both deserve them. Even though they do need buffs, there are other champs that need it more. I mean the last few buffs have been Magneto, Magneto House of X, Colossus, Hulkbuster, and P2099. And now we have Falcon and Gambit. Out of the last 7, we have 4 mutants, 2 techs, and 1 skill. The cosmic class is good, but doesn't have many god tiers. I would say CMM and Hyperion are. You could argue that Venom and VTD are. But why not buff a champion that has no utility at all like Groot, King Groot, or Superior Iron Man? Even if you don't want to buff a cosmic, I would recommend buffing a science champ like Joe Fixit. I would argue that out of the 30 mutants in the game, I would say that there are 8 god tiers.

Does it really matter what class? Most of the time when I'm completing some content, i will pick the champ with the right utility or counter for the content. I don't look too much into the class.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    My only option for the Cavalier mutant ques is Magneto and it looks like Gambit's gonna be one too so I dunno I'm very happy. I don't have most of the OP mutants and instead have all the good cosmics. I think it depends on the person and what they need.

Also Gambit buff was before apocalypse and prof x. I'm sure the next cycle will have more cosmics or tech or other stuff.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Groot is at least bleed immune, but awful champs like both daredevils, moon knight, OG Cap, WW2 Cap, and Rhino have nothing going for them and are just as much of wet noodles.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Legiune said:

Groot is at least bleed immune, but awful champs like both daredevils, moon knight, OG Cap, WW2 Cap, and Rhino have nothing going for them and are just as much of wet noodles.

c'mon man are you serious? i saw cap og rank 3* beated collector , daredevil og is anti energy
    Lets be honest, no one in their right mind would take those wet noodles with no good DPS, regen, immunities, power control into any high end content, only high skilled content creators like Swedeah would show off by using meme champs vs end game bosses. What good is a daredevil or old shield carry caps when you pull them straight out of a 6* crystal? None...so weak and outdated, maybe if you need help for act 3, they might come in handy.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Woah did you say king groot has no utility? He’s my 2nd most used r3!

I want a rank 3 King Groot. That would be fun.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    😂please buff Groot especially since I got him as a 6* not too long ago
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    What’s with all the fuzz?
    What does it matter how long ago they announced it.
    OP is right. We have plenty good mutants.

There’s nothing wrong with asking for cosmic champs to get buffed.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Sorry, but Kabam should leave some dud champs as dud champs - thats part of the appeal of the game...randomness

The quality of champs needs to reorient the standard bell curve

A few awesome ones
    A heap of good ones
    A few duds

I welcome what Kabam have done thus far but hope most older champs just get a small tune up
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I have a 6star gambit, so I say go forward with the buff.
  • Options
    JamesPuffJamesPuff Posts: 55

The buff was announced months ago

I don’t think that that changes his class type.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    JamesPuff said:

I don’t think that that changes his class type.
    People are just saying it's too late to complain about it happening now. If someone told you you were getting a bunch of cabbages and you didn't say anything about it, and you come a month later asking well I have too many cabbages now I'd rather have carrots, whoopidie doo man you shoulda said something about it a month ago not now.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★
    I mean, they couldve not buffed anyone lol.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Sorry, but Kabam should leave some dud champs as dud champs - thats part of the appeal of the game...randomness

A few awesome ones
    A heap of good ones
    A few duds

I welcome what Kabam have done thus far but hope most older champs just get a small tune up

Or they can leave the champs that are a cut above the rest as is, and buff the duds to a somewhat usable quality. There are 170+ characters, and like 80 are pure trash. That should be fixed
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    They'll get around to other classes - these forums just need something to complain about
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230

Its amazing to see this many dislike on a fact. 🤣😂
    People are just **** on this forum.
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Bulmkt said:

A few awesome ones
    A heap of good ones
    A few duds

100% Right on this one. Not every champion is supposed to be, or should be, God tier, or even decent. There should always be a few garbage champs. Like you said, bell curve. You’re absolutely right no matter how many people whine and disagree.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Why is this post so disliked? It’s not like I’m stating a fact. It’s my opinion. And if you think about, there are much better champs in the Mutant/Skill crystal than there are in the Cosmic/Tech crystal.