**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reduce the cool down of falcon lockon

Berserker22Berserker22 Posts: 289 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Since skill class is pretty lacking and his buff looks pretty decent but there's a fine line seperates between decent and actually being used

Cool down should be 4-5 seconds maximum that 8 seconds adding to 1.5 activation almost 10 seconds that's very long

This change will make him significantly better
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    It’s 9.2 seconds, and 1.2 of those are charging.
    It’s also got a 14 second duration, and you can increase your attack by a lot in the right situation, meaning once it goes on cool down the fight would be almost over due to the massive amounts of damage he can deal.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    They really should, unless he’s given a massive damage boost he’s seems like he’ll just be a mid tier or slight higher anti evade king, which is good, but really won’t be of any use except to beginning players with developing roster or end game players.

To justify his rank up he should be, realistically, at the very least a contender for hardest hitting evade counter within the class. If he’s just really good at anti evade, I doubt, despite not being as bad, will hardly change anyone’s motivation to use him. Throw in some big anti evade cheese damage and you’ll have the YouTubers losing their minds.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think we will have to wait and see. Between baiting specials I think it won’t feel as long.

As far as him being a non contender for end game . That’s simply not true. That 100% AAR is very valuable and the fact that his damage can Ramp up will help.

End game is less and less about damage and more about utility with okay damage (warlock, doom) ?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

I think we will have to wait and see. Between baiting specials I think it won’t feel as long.

As far as him being a non contender for end game . That’s simply not true. That 100% AAR is very valuable and the fact that his damage can Ramp up will help.

End game is less and less about damage and more about utility with okay damage (warlock, doom) ?

Except Falcon doesn’t seem to be Warlock or Doom level. Anyone would rank 5 those two, beginner or end game, but only beginners by necessity from lack of options, and end gamers from abundance of resources would rank 5 Falcon. He looks, depending on his damage, a r4 champion max. A champion that you boost and eat potions cost rather then wasting the resources to take to r5. Which is perfectly fine, he just isn’t going to be wowing anyone if his damage is low because players will still begrudging pull and use him wishing they had Fury instead.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    We would need to see how he plays, but if it does get reduced, he might be a great option for A LOT of things considering it 100% AARs the opponent defensively.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    The current cool down would be ok if he had something without it. Maybe let him always counter evade but keep attack bonus, AAR for all defensive abilities and bonus on specials with locked on. Would that really be too OP? I'm saying just give him some utility when not locked on. Right now he's a cool champ when locked on and a dud the rest of the time. I get 100% up time is too much but we need SOMETHING to stay alive during the cool down. Be like King Groot where you get something during the dormant phase. Just something...
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Those buffs are not supposed to make every Champ Ghost/Quake/Ægod Tier.

It‘s alright if a Trash Tier evolves into something above average.

But yeah, I agree to those saying just try him out first before you judge.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

WOLF_LINK said:

First off skill class actually needs someone from the level of the champs you've mentioned

And 2nd there's two categories no tiers either the champ is meta and useful or bench will be used very rarely in evade match ups

All I'm asking is to add some meta skill champs and since falcon is being buffed then do it the right way
    Skill class has a god tiered champion. Nick fury. And even blade can be considered that with his synergies.

I personally think Falcons buff looks good. 8 seconds really isn’t too bad of a time for cool down. You may sit there and bait a special for 4-5 seconds. There goes most of the timer on its own. Then the activation and 14 seconds of great damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

They really should, unless he’s given a massive damage boost he’s seems like he’ll just be a mid tier or slight higher anti evade king, which is good, but really won’t be of any use except to beginning players with developing roster or end game players.

To justify his rank up he should be, realistically, at the very least a contender for hardest hitting evade counter within the class. If he’s just really good at anti evade, I doubt, despite not being as bad, will hardly change anyone’s motivation to use him. Throw in some big anti evade cheese damage and you’ll have the YouTubers losing their minds.

He'll be fairly hard-hitting against Evade champs. With Lock-on, he'll gain a solid attack boost (around +150% if leaks are accurate), plus crit boost if Awakened, plus crit Damage against evaders, plus he inflicts two bleeds on SP1 instead of one.

I don't think there's enough to make him anywhere near top-tier, but certainly help become useable. He should annihilate anyone on a Mixmaster node...

He'll do best against evade champs; but remember he'll bypass Miss, Safeguard, Phase, and Autoblock during Lock-on; ignore Thorns damage, prevent Arc Overload, and a hundred other annoying abilities.

WOLF_LINK said:

First off skill class actually needs someone from the level of the champs you've mentioned
    Funny because one of the three I mentioned IS Skill class: Ægon
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

I agree with everything you're saying AND I think his viability will come down to what he's like during cool down. Lots of champs have time limited periods where they shine ( like Namor or Sasquatch) but they still have some unique abilities outside those windows. Almost all Falcons key abilities are tied to being locked on. Maybe his sig and class advantage combined will lengthen it enough. I'm just concerned it won't but we will see.
    @Berserker22 Well, you can compare them. But to keep it fair you should consider the total number of different Champs of each class, too.

Example: Skill (32 Champs) vs Cosmic (36 Champs) ... pretty sure Skill wins. And Tech is underwhelming as well.
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Completely agree. If you can give him permanent lock-on, or near permanent, this means you ignore evade, thorns, autoblock, etc... for the entire fight AND gain a nice attack bonus.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

His Lock On is a full counter against Korg, Void, Ant-Man & CAIW glance, Wasp, all Spideys, NC, Mr Fantastic, Electro, Killmonger, Magik, G2099 miss, Darkhawk & IMIW autoblock, Mole Man monster mass conversion,... I´m not even talking about Mix Master, Masochism and other nodes where anti-evade debuffs fail because it will be a passive. I wonder how he will fare against act 6 Crossbones.

It is too early to tell, but Falcon might be the Warlock of the Skill class.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

Texas_11 said:

Except Falcon doesn’t seem to be Warlock or Doom level. Anyone would rank 5 those two, beginner or end game, but only beginners by necessity from lack of options, and end gamers from abundance of resources would rank 5 Falcon. He looks, depending on his damage, a r4 champion max. A champion that you boost and eat potions cost rather then wasting the resources to take to r5. Which is perfectly fine, he just isn’t going to be wowing anyone if his damage is low because players will still begrudging pull and use him wishing they had Fury instead.
    I agree with this. We all wish we had a fury or aegon, but that’s the entire purpose of this buff, make a champ useful so it stings just a little less. Falcon can now in theory deal some damage.
  • WeskenWesken Posts: 16
    Its all about the numbers. If his mediums crit for 10k its fine by me