**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• SuperballieSuperballie Posts: 31
    SuperTTM here again, now I die from full health in the limbo incursion W/out having used any sp’s and when the opponent is nearly down and no buffs active on me, I just drop dead. Wth!
    Bad enough the inputs are all over the place.
    It would be real nice if we could get an acknowledgment of all these issues this month. Perhaps a roll back to before the first October update would fix this guys.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    edited October 2020
    iPad Air 2/ iPhone XS

More or less everything in the game is suffering from latency is some way causing inputs coming late and movement are funny. The fights are everything from slow to very fast. Same thing in menus and opening of any reward. After the 28.2.2 things are significantly being worse and with unexpected crashes without any warning this looks like a memory leakage in the game version. It’s fine for a while and are probably not the same way in all the mechanics.

Why else will there be so sudden game crashes?
  • Oakcrew4Oakcrew4 Posts: 2
    Glad to see I’m not the only one experiencing issues, not so glad to hear/see absolutely nothing from Kabam.
  • Hey I get logged out whenever I push the “Help 4” button in the Alliance Help tab. It says I’ve lost connection and tries to log in, but I find it quicker to quit and restart the app. I have an iPhone, and most recent game version. Only started after the emergency maintenance the other day.
  • Name in game: Lrd Ryega
    iPhone 8
    Ios 13.7
    Mcoc 28.2.2
    When i press help bottom for energy and goal 960 points, the game crashes and kill me out
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Device: iphone 7
    Ios version : 13.2.2
    Game version: latest
    Issue: game crashing again and again
    Description: game is continuously lagging, crashing again and again in every game mode ! Even after 14th October mini update, it still happening ! Even game connection issue also sometimes tho wifi is all connected !
    Game crashing issue is not new, as it started in april ,2020 for me but was fixed for few months and then back again after august update... ! game crashing, game shutting, laggings comes in just few days after update!
    .Same happening again in this month !
  • Eliot76Eliot76 Posts: 22
    Device iPhone 11 or iPad 5th Generation
    iOS Version : 14.0.1
    The Game Crashs every 10 to 15 fights. Since the Last Update of this Game.
    iPad air2 / iPhone XS

I’m playing every day using the same broadband on a fiber cable with a rock stable connection. Nothing else than Mcoc running and there is so huge difference in the game performance through a single day and the whole week. Crashes is just bad programming but all the rest of things is just giving bad performance..

Still there is nothing wrong on the Kabam servers or providers causing these various behavior? Don’t get it, how can this be true?
  • IronjulesIronjules Posts: 14
    Please solve this. It’s going worst and worst after last update, maintenance etc.. really seem kabam don’t care about players...
  • JaballyJabally Posts: 61
    I’ve been talking to Kabam via email support and for all of the units revives energy and potions wasted, they aren’t giving compensation for it. What a bunch of nuck fuckles. The game is still crashing even after the updates for me as well and they couldn’t give any less horse poops about it. They say it everybody’s connection and wifi but there to incompetent to understand that it’s obviously there fault because it wasn’t happening before this October update (event quest sucks butt as well)
  • Hex1125Hex1125 Posts: 6
    Hex1125
    iPhone 7Plus
    WiFi
    Lag in alliance quests and wars
    4 times app closed in arena and when I logged back in, fight was forfeited.
  • Hex1125Hex1125 Posts: 6
    Happened again ending a streak. Thanks Kabam
  • RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63
    In-Game Name: RexnSpike
    Device and Model: (iPad Pro 2019,
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: Alliance screen -> Help
    Description of the Issue: Will not allow me to Help and when I check my help status, crashes to reload screen.
  • Game keeps crashing while fighting Red Goblin and my champ comes back with loss of life whereas boss (red goblin) at full life!
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150
    In-game name: The Wass
    Device and model: iPad Pro 10.5
    Device OS: iOS 14.1
    Wi-Fi only
    Game version: latest as of late Oct 2020

Inputs not always registering, causing me to not block and/or parry, and losing fights because of it. This has happened since the latest update. I really hope this upcoming maintenance will help with this issue, as it's causing me to hurt myself and my alliance.
    IPad Air 2

Thanks a lot Kabam for making wars harder and shutting down immediately after selecting and starting a fight.
    Half health gone and next fight is totally buggy until the game is restarted the second time on purpose.
    But as always, there is nothing wrong on your side. Or is it???
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    There seems to be an issue with dropped inputs. Block/parry doesn’t always register.
  • djastadjasta Posts: 1
    in game name: amotomake
    device: iphone6 iOS 12.4.8
    wi-fi and mobile
    game version: latest updaite
    game crashed on war, quest on all sections 10000000 times on day

The game is still crashing with dropped inputs and connection issues. Everybody is losing potions, units, energy, revives, and time. It ends series which ends units grind/delays them and when you have something like cyber weekend coming up, you have to do something about it.
    I saw the thread about iPhone 12 got deleted.

Just picking up from what was said in there as I’m running the 12 now.

Seems like the screen sensitivity is over tuned. If you’re light attacking, blocking or parrying and there’s the tiniest hint of lateral movement as you tap, it’s recognised as a side swipe.

iPad air 2

After a few minutes of play the iPad get very hot again and it’s been like this since the last maintenance.

Think that I have to rename my iPad into Heatpad.

And because of the heat is inflicting on the lagging and strangely it’s going from slow to faster or the opposite, than it normally moves.
    Inputs are dropped and firing of specials coming late if firing at all, parry and dexterity is a real guessing game
    edited October 2020

iPhone 12

Just got the iPhone 12 yesterday and the gameplay on it is absolutely horrendous! Touches are all over the place. Block fails more than half the time. I either end up getting hit or my champion dashes forward and I end up getting hit. If I parry and stun add try to do a heavy, my champion ends up dashing backwards. Anyone else with an iPhone 12 and having somewhat similar issues? I had absolutely no issues playing this game on my XS Max.

I'm quite sure this has something to do with the higher dpi on the 12 series.

Yeah getting dropped inputs on parry.

Loads of random dashes too, probably wasn’t clear enough in my previous post. Tap input recognised as side swipe equals champ dashing in /out unintentionally.
    Trying to be extremely deliberate with screen taps has helped but it’s far from ideal.
  • carmichaelptcarmichaelpt Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: carmichaelpt
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 14.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both? Freedom Mobile
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Over the past week I have been increasingly unable to get to fights. In AQ and war, I get punted out of the game when I choose my champion and hit the fight button. In aq, I just lose half my health, in war, same thing plus giving the other team a kill. Over the past couple of days, I can’t ever get a fight in at all. In story and arenas, same thing at same time but when I reload the game I could get a recovered fight but in the last day, I don’t even get that. It has been the most frustrating week of having this game for over 5 years now. Being unable to do anything has made me miss out on so many team and individual challenges and rewards.
  • KILLERBEE29KILLERBEE29 Posts: 4
    https://youtu.be/3WgQnVkKlQs

iPhone X
    IOS 13.6.1

I had this issue from time to time
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

In-Game Name: Lovejoy72
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: ISO 14.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both.
    Game Version Installed:28.2.2
    Game modes: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: multiple game crashes. I can see it start to stutter and lag, and inevitably I know it will close out. It’s much, much worse today with three crashes in a couple hours. Unfortunately, with what it takes to be competitive, this has made the game unplayable.

Follow, since I’m not seeing other people posting for IOS. My game still crashes post all this maintenance, and with the same preceding stutters. I don’t think the frequency has changed, and the game mode appears to be irrelevant. The stutter still results in me getting hit, and has been an expensive problem for me.

Arena still has the problem in which champs don’t appear immediately after use to request help, and don’t disappear after asking for help. I don’t really care about this one, just FYI
    Why hasn't Kabam said a thing about these issues?
  • Device: iPad 6th gen
    WiFi
    Game version: 28.2.2
    Mode: Been playing Event Quests mainly.
    Discs: Game crashes frequently when in transit between fights in EQ( All levels). Also, after pressing alliance “help” button (energy, 4x)
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    Jabally said:

Why hasn't Kabam said a thing about these issues?

Very good question.
    iPad air 2

Game crashed twice today. 1 in arena and 1 when I was just browsing a champs abilities.

There are some glitches in the performance giving both stuttering motion and uneven motion. Seams to be struggling in the start of fights and then normalization for a period. For fights lasting for more than a minute or two the defenders are speeding up their attack.