**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If Human Player can't do it then AI shouldn't either - Iron Man IW Autoblock

FrydayFryday Posts: 670 ★★★
Dear Kabam,

Of course with a range of champs there will be some that are OP and some are weak, and some with more advantage than other. AI are meant to replicate what human players do (with some being more aggressive and other). I understand that Evade and Autoblock and just some mechanism the developer introduce to add challenges into the game. All fair enough, the question is balance

However when an AI are doing thing that human player can't do (or when champs are poorly design that the only you can only counter if you have certain champs), then that would consider as cheating and poorly design (from the developer side).

Iron Man IW - Autoblock a good example - The champion and Autoblock, while in the middle of taking hit from the SP. The game does not allow (or enable) human player to do that.

Easy Fix - just stop him from being able to Autoblock when it shouldn't be possible.

Thing - When he just doesn't throw SP - Most of the time, I can handle Thing with most champs, but occasionally, no matter what the AI just won't throw out SP, you then get stuck in the corner and can't throw a hit.

Easy Fix - Just increase the number of Rock Stack lost when Thing get hit (currently it is 3, just make it to 5), sure he get Unstoppable, but at least you have a chance to do a 5 hit combo on him before he get to 15 Stack again.

Korg - He is just a mess - Could do with review he overall.

Spider Qwen & Nightcrawler - Just come better indication of balance on the Evade.

Now I'm sure there are amazing players that will have less problem with these champs, however I speak more for the general 85% - 90% of players out these.

I'm not talking making the game easier, it is about a balance game and is fair. It is always fun to take down a challenging champs, but I feel like most players would find these champs annoying because they are unbalance and poorly design character.

Comments

• GercasGercas Posts: 100 ★★
    I don’t use iron man iw but I have lost count how many times Medusa auto block has save me, all the champions you mention have more than one counter and even without a perfect counter they are double with almost any champ
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Fryday said:

I speak more for the general 85% - 90% of players out these.

I'm not talking making the game easier, it is about a balance game and is fair. It is always fun to take down a challenging champs, but I feel like most players would find these champs annoying because they are unbalance and poorly design character.

Jog on mate you don't speak for s***.

All this post does is reak of someone that doesn't want to learn how to actually fight those champs or understand their abilities.

I suggest reading IMIW abilities to understand why and how he autoblocks 😂
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The player can do every single thing you mentioned here, 0 reaction time is the one thing the ai has that we dont
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    lol this is funny. why learn and understand the game when I can complain
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Quick tip vs Thing:

Spacing is everything in that matchup. Even if he is at 15 stacks and has over a bar of power:

You can still hit his block and push him back into his side of the arena even at 15 stacks. All you need to do is find the opening to hit his block. Source:

I play in T3-2 War and solo Thing bosses there.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    @Fryday sorry to disagree with you on this. Those champs you mentioned are actually fairly straight forward with the correct counters. You could argue the same for bleed / poison champs or even mystic vs torch. If you bring the wrong champ for the matchup it will be a very bad time.

I actually enjoy the puzzle of building a team. Granted in act 6 Kabam definitely took that to the extreme and had some very restrictive node/champ combos. I did not enjoy that much :)

With all that said IMIW as an example can be beaten very easily by a wide range of champs. He has very good counters that require less skill and as you expand to ok counters the skill lvl goes up. And a very very skilled player can beat him with groot.

I would keep focus on building skill and knowledge of different champs and before you know it you will be breezing through these fights.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Quick tip vs Thing:

Spacing is everything in that matchup. Even if he is at 15 stacks and has over a bar of power:

You can still hit his block and push him back into his side of the arena even at 15 stacks. All you need to do is find the opening to hit his block. Source:

Stealthy makes thing piss easy!
    When stubborn comes into play, then Void takes the cake.
  • AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    Boi you speak for nobody. If you're afraid of difficult fights do beginner difficulty in everything and enjoy 2*s.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 463 ★★★
    As far as I'm aware, IMIW's autoblock is based off of how many Armor stacks he has. Just keep those down and you'll be fine.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Seraphion said:

Quick tip vs Thing:

Stealthy makes thing piss easy!
    When stubborn comes into play, then Void takes the cake.
    Jup. Im using Void vs the Stubborn bosses
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    IMIW - he can autoblock mid SP, because he automatically blocks in any hands, while he has 4 or more armorups (now excluding the below 15% phase). That is fair mechanic

Thing AI is same as every AI. Sometomes it is just stubborn.

Korg can be countered, and even without counter he is theoretically doable
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

As far as I'm aware, IMIW's autoblock is based off of how many Armor stacks he has. Just keep those down and you'll be fine.

What he's saying is that IMIW won't autoblock when he is using him as an attacker. Plus IMIW autoblocks only below 15% with armor ups so it's a last resort for an attacker anyway.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

What he's saying is that IMIW won't autoblock when he is using him as an attacker. Plus IMIW autoblocks only below 15% with armor ups so it's a last resort for an attacker anyway.
    not true. He autoblocks anytime in the fight with 4 or more armor ups, be blocks at below 15% with any armor ups.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

If you take a couple 5 hit combos to the face he will auto block, its based on armor. If you are not getting hit you will not generate the armor as fast. That is like saying electro will not reflect damage when you are attacking into the opponent.
  • Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    Yeah enough of this I speak for 85-90% of the players out there... git gud noob
  • Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Yeah enough of this I speak for 85-90% of the players out there... git gud noob

To put this point nicer, I miss the days when people just spoke on their own behalf and let good ideas speak for themself.
    I was thinking of making it nicer, but it annoys me when people claim to speak for literally about a million or so people, yeah u really don’t buddy