**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

10% T5CC Dilemma

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
Kabam has said many times that these are to be very rare resources. We have seen almost 0 T5CC selectors in the game, and they’re the only way to be able to control what class you get.

However, at this point we have seen them a very large amount of times in cash offers.

Now I get that Kabam is a for profit company, so these will be in cash offers every once in a while for those who will spend.

But f2p players haven’t even had a chance to get these almost at all. Other than the Omega boss rush, these have been selectively cash items.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think a single one has been in a unit deal. I also don’t understand why the 10% T5CC crystal objective isn’t a selector. That’s just my opinion though.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    These offers are really poor also, I haven’t gotten one in forever. You get 60% t5cc from aq and cav, 50 bucks for 10% is not good value (sorry enzo!)
    Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

Exactly that's what I said when thronebreaker is released..
    Pay cash for t5cc or stay as a cavalier and watch thronebreaker having good rewards..
    Else complete abyss or act6 100% ..
    or the more else is leave the game until some t5cc earning content is released..
    This is going to be a huge cash grab by kabam..

Isn't that who thronebreaker is meant for?
    Yeah that’s the intention. Also I’m not sure what these great rewards he speaks of are from, I sure haven’t noticed anything incredibly special.
    thronebreaker daily is pretty game changing.
    Little t4b and t4c ya, it’s pretty nice ya
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

Pay cash for t5cc or stay as a cavalier and watch thronebreaker having good rewards..
    or the more else is leave the game until some t5cc earning content is released..

Yeah that’s the intention. Also I’m not sure what these great rewards he speaks of are from, I sure haven’t noticed anything incredibly special.
    It’s not super game changing unless you have average luck.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    if kabam decides to upgrade it to a 10% T5CC selector then be prepared for them to make few more changes to the Cavalier Difficulty.
    Like adding 1 - 2 more paths to each quest or
    Upping the opponents Health and Attack values 20% all across the board.

if kabam decides to upgrade it to a 10% T5CC selector then be prepared for them to make few more changes to the Cavalier Difficulty.
    Like adding 1 - 2 more paths to each quest or
    Upping the opponents Health and Attack values 20% all across the board.

I would like higher difficulty.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

its game changing no matter how good your luck.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

Disagree with this. I've gotten mostly 9K T2A or 18K T4C. I don't consider that game changing, most of us at this level have those in our stash expiring in a few weeks.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

It makes 5* champions a joke !!
    Daily high chance to have a 5 * champion is anyday better..
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

yep, they dont want to pay attention when kabam says that tho.
    Yeah completely paid attention..
    Many of us having t5cc but unworthy 6* which makes situation more worst..
    Vivek_786 said:

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

It makes 5* champions a joke !!
    Daily high chance to have a 5 * champion is anyday better..
    the 5* isn't really one of the better rewards, i'd take 1/2 of a t2a anyday over a 5*
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

I definitely disagree. 1/2 t5b or t4cc is not game changing. Neither is 9k t2a fragments. If you’re thronebreaker, you have most likely done more than just an abyss path, and if you run high tier alliance quest the resources I mentioned aren’t super game changing. They’re a really nice free daily bonus, but game changing is a bit of an exaggeration.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Vivek_786 said:

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

yep, they dont want to pay attention when kabam says that tho.
    Yeah completely paid attention..
    Many of us having t5cc but unworthy 6* which makes situation more worst..
    And if you paid attention to their statements, that you claim you "completely paid attention" to you would realize that YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET of the title. The title is targeted to people who have lots of r3, not someone who only has a 1 t5CC, they set the bar lower so that those people with LOTS of r3s are not the ones screwed by RNG.
    DNA3000 said:

Kabam has said many times that these are to be very rare resources. We have seen almost 0 T5CC selectors in the game, and they’re the only way to be able to control what class you get.

However, at this point we have seen them a very large amount of times in cash offers.

Now I get that Kabam is a for profit company, so these will be in cash offers every once in a while for those who will spend.

But f2p players haven’t even had a chance to get these almost at all. Other than the Omega boss rush, these have been selectively cash items.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think a single one has been in a unit deal. I also don’t understand why the 10% T5CC crystal objective isn’t a selector. That’s just my opinion though.

F2P players have had many chances to get T5CC. In fact, if you consider all sources of T5CC, most are theoretically available without spending. I don't see any particular rationale for focusing specifically on the 10% crystal. Whether you get one 10% crystal or 5 2% crystals makes no real difference in the grand scheme of things.

And I also don't see the point to splitting hairs when Kabam says something is going to be scarce, when it is obvious to most people that they mean in general. There's no rule that says something that is scarce in-game must be equally scarce in cash offers. In fact, the exact reverse is true. If cash offers didn't include things you couldn't get in-game at equal frequency, that would make cash offers largely pointless. The game's monetization scheme rests primarily on selling players things today that players will be able to earn in-game tomorrow. It sells early access. So of course the highest value things will arrive at higher frequency in cash offers first, before they become more common in-game later.

This is not just reasonable, it is *desirable*. There's only two things people buy in large amounts. Things you can't get in the game now, or things you can't get in the game at all. Of the two, the former is better for the game than the latter. Making exclusive items that you cannot get at all in-game creates paywalls. Making items easier to get or more frequently available in cash offers first, and then in-game later, just annoys the impatient. The rest of us can just hum along and play the game, knowing that what the spenders are getting now we will be getting later even if we don't spend. And I'm more than fine with that.

T5CC is actually way more available in-game than I ever thought it would be. It is starting to rain T5CC fragments, albeit at a relatively slow rate now. But when you consider that a rank 3 upgrade requires one T5CC and four T5B, in effect the T5CC we're earning is actually at least four times more valuable than the T5B fragments we earn, fragment for fragment. The 10% here and 10% there that the game is making available now is comparable to getting 80% of a T5B in relative earning power, if not more (because this completely discounts the costs to rank 2). It is actually a super high rate for what is supposed to be the highest and rarest upgrade catalyst in the game. I'm not complaining they are rare. I'm worried Kabam is burning up the 6* rank up ladder too quickly. The day of reckoning of what to do next is approaching several times faster than I thought it would be.
    *Light occasions showers of t5cc

I do recognize there are lots of opportunities for crystals, but I was referring to the selector. Since the selector is the only 100% guaranteed value.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Act 6 rewards have always been terrible especially for those of us who completed the original act 6. Minium they should have 1 t5cc selector and a generic 6 star awakening gem. Without those 2 for the amount of work its takes to complete act 6 is terrible rewards. I said that before the rewards change and I stand by it. But the rewards after the buff is now not completely terrible but just worth it explore act 6.