**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What the hell have you done to the AI kabam?

For a while now I'm constantly getting hit through my blocks and parry isn't working properly. On top of that the AI seems to be able to counter you and throw specials mid combo as well as all of a sudden shrug off parries instantly. AW is the worst for this stuff. My timing hasn't changed and it seems everyone in my alliance is having similar issues. Anyone else? What have you done kabam?

Comments

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

It’s not the AI causing this, it’s input issues/drops which it appears from all the posts, EVERYONE is experiencing right now. The real question is, what is causing all these input issues? Lots of ios/apple users on all diff devices so is it 14.x update? Is it lag induced since we seem to be experiencing tons of lag and connection issues this month? Some combo of both? Some other thing? Now couple these issues with agressive, high IQ, input-sniffing AI and we’ve reached ludicrous levels of game play frustration!

iPhone 11 and iOS 14.0.1 (did not update before they patched the first issues)

I am not experiencing these problems. Everything is working fine, no matter where. Just the other Bugs like „Help Button“ or Arena stuff (something with Help too) are annoying me.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    same thing with my old galaxy phone too
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Even I experienced that my champs were not in control and working like auto fight
  • AparoidAparoid Posts: 17
    I have been seeing the same thing, especially when the AI just blocks a special after a 5-hit combo, it seems llike there is no real window to throw it unless I do it mid combo.
  • drewtrivdrewtriv Posts: 103
    Was it a ranged attack not contact like havok?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Bro, I'm literally having the AI throw specials while hitting into my block with basic comboes. Got wrecked by killmonger in AQ because of this. As of they know when you would release your block for an instant, then take advantage.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    drewtriv said:

No. It was Kingping. And no he didnt convert it into a rage. It didnt appear to begin with.
  • Seraphion said:

drewtriv said:

No. It was Kingping. And no he didnt convert it into a rage. It didnt appear to begin with.
    been having that vs Taskmaster in AQ a ton. Use blade, the bleed from parry procs but no stun. And no, he isnt immune to debuffs at this point.
    The AI seems to be throwing so many more light attacks to throw off parry timings, it is really annoying.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Disconnecting between one node and the next in quests, disconnecting between fights in arenas, parry not working, freezing motionless in fights! Lag! What's the issue? If you ask me! The servers are the issue not the game. Or maybe both!
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I was just using Modok in arena.
    The "autoblock" word came up (and it should have blocked defender) but he just kept with a full 5 hit combo. It did not allow me to block.
    Modok was my first 5r4 years ago so I have used him countless times. This never happened until recently even when prior updates caused timing issues.
  • HI_guys said:

Seraphion said:

drewtriv said:

been having that vs Taskmaster in AQ a ton. Use blade, the bleed from parry procs but no stun. And no, he isnt immune to debuffs at this point.
    The AI seems to be throwing so many more light attacks to throw off parry timings, it is really annoying.
    Taskmaster has AAR
    I'm aware of that. He has AAR based on his concussions ( which i dont get hit so i dont have), and his charge thingy ( which basic attack he has active). that does no play into my issue when fighting him. At the start of the fight he ahs nothing active, yet parry fails.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★

HI_guys said:

Seraphion said:

drewtriv said:

Taskmaster has AAR
    I'm aware of that. He has AAR based on his concussions ( which i dont get hit so i dont have), and his charge thingy ( which basic attack he has active). that does no play into my issue when fighting him. At the start of the fight he ahs nothing active, yet parry fails.
    I think it’s 5 parries before he becomes immune to them.
  • ShelloShello Posts: 30
    I have no issues here... iPhone 8 iOS 14
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Map 6 Nova. Tried him with Void. Dude got to one bar of power and kept dashing at me, letting his power meter build up cuz that's what Nova does. I kept trying to bait the guy's special 1, but he just wouldn't throw it. He got all the way to SP 2 and still wouldn't throw it. I kept baiting and baiting, then decided to hit into his block to continue baiting. As I was going for the dash in, the guy finally let go of his SP 2, but from a blocking stance?! Wtf! He was literally blocking one second, the next second, he immediately threw his special, and timed it with my dash?! That's definitely not a coincidence.

Well, Void died, and I had to spend a revive and 5 level 4 potions.

There is no conspiracy here, kabam has definitely tweaked the AI, and it's not fun at all. They are passive at the worst of times, and are so freaking erratic in nature.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I got killed like 3 times by Rulk map 6, degen lane today. First time he threw a special during my combo, like as I was hitting him. Naturally, he can kill blade from 70% health with 1 s1.

Second time, his s1 somehow hung in the air a millisecond longer and went further than it usually does. I got hit by the last little part, it crit and did 7k damage.

Third time the game just crashed and when I reloaded, I was dead. So much for fight protection.

I've been taking this lane for 2 years and I've never seen nonsense like this before.
  • edited October 2020
    These do not sound like AI-related issues. For instance, the Opponent able to attack when they should not be has nothing to do with tha AI. If you are seeing problems affecting gameplay, please remember to create threads about individual topics, or add to the threads that already exist.
This discussion has been closed.