**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let’s talk about Man Thing AQ Map 4 Burden of Might

I’m not sure how anybody else feels, but I think the Burden of Might node on Man Thing makes AQ map 4 far to restricting and boring.

Comments

• CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
    I know Rhulk or She-hulk.

But Human Torch, Wouldn’t MT nullify the incinerates ? @Gamer
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★

I’m sure what nullified incinerates. But how wil he do that I’m sorry don’t play map4. So if ther is a node I’m not aware of then he isn’t imuns to that and if he is u can just tourn one flam one
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Incinerates can't be "nullified" because they're not buffs. You'd probably get poisoned to death anyway, but you could probably kill him first if you turn on your prefight.
    edited October 2020
    Nodes are,

Prey the weak-4
    The defender gains 5% of their Max power each time a Buff is Nullified, expires, or is removed off the attacker.

Burden of Might
    The Opponents Power Gained by striking or being struck by their opponent is reduced by 15% for each Buff currently active on them.
    Additionally each time a Buff activates on them for any reason, they lose 25% of their Max power.

With Man Thing SP1 unblockable and with his poison ☹️

@Gamer @Kill_Grey @Rahultripathi
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★

Nodes are,

Prey the weak-4
    The defender gains 5% of their Max power each time a Buff is Nullified, expires, or is removed off the attacker.

Burden of Might
    The Opponents Power Gained by striking or being struck by their opponent is reduced by 15% for each Buff currently active on them.
    Additionally each time a Buff activates on them for any reason, they lose 25% of their Max power.

With Man Thing SP1 unblockable and with his poison ☹️

@Gamer @Kill_Grey @Rahultripathi

Just try to push him to sp2 then and out space he sp2.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,071 ★★★★
    I take man thing most times in our map 4; we have 9.2k prestige, so he starts at well over 200k health and ends on day 5 at over 300k.

I normally use 4/55 she hulk. As I run suicides, she heals from his armor break, is poison immune and her taunt mechanic makes baiting specials and not triggering dex trivial.

Red hulk would also work. If I mess up with shulk, I have Omega as my Lane clearer at 5/65 who can take him too. Don't use Omega on him first as I need him for the rest of the map.

G2099 is on my war attack but would work too, as would 5/65 sentinel with sp2 spam, Gulk or quake if you can quake...

But in short, you need a poison immune, who doesn't have buffs and hits very hard.
    Thanks all.

Basically all I have is a low level 5* Rhulk unawakened out of the champions suggested.

One player has a maxed 4* Rhulk and another has a 5* gully R4.

No one has She-hulk or Quake 😕.

Our Prestige is over 10,500 because one of the Battle groups runs map 5 so as @Moosetiptronic says, Man Thing gets real spicy.

Looks like I’m forced to rank up Rhulk whilst my better champs wait even longer.

Like I said, this AQ mini boss Man Thing is too restricted, such a small amount of champions to use compared to the other 2 mini bosses all because of the nodes they picked.

It’s boring using the same champion over and over Kabam !
  • SiddhantSiddhant Posts: 20
    edited October 2020
    Red guardian works fine for me every single time, Mine is r4 though.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Thanks all.

Basically all I have is a low level 5* Rhulk unawakened out of the champions suggested.

One player has a maxed 4* Rhulk and another has a 5* gully R4.

No one has She-hulk or Quake 😕.

Our Prestige is over 10,500 because one of the Battle groups runs map 5 so as @Moosetiptronic says, Man Thing gets real spicy.

Looks like I’m forced to rank up Rhulk whilst my better champs wait even longer.

Like I said, this AQ mini boss Man Thing is too restricted, such a small amount of champions to use compared to the other 2 mini bosses all because of the nodes they picked.

It’s boring using the same champion over and over Kabam !

Pause. If you're ally has 10.5k prestige, how are you even struggling with this? All you need is a poison immune that doesn't have a ton of expiring buffs.

All of these champions are viable:

You guys don't have any of those available?
    You are really going to use Abomb in AQ without his synergy?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I haven’t run map 4 in a long time. But a rank 5 torch in nova form should be able to drop him. Or close enough to where another mate can finish him off. Just use MLM the whole time to add as many nova flames and power sting on him.

Red hulk will be your best option. A charged g2099 could probably do it easily so.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Any poison immune should work. It is not restricting at all in my opinion.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 180 ★★
    I just out damage Man-thing with Sunspot. Usually he goes down pretty easy.
  • I've tried a lot of poison-immune champs for that mini-boss, and the best option I've found is Iceman. A couple of tips:

- Throw your SP1 as soon as it's available. The cold snap/frostbite damage will help since Iceman's basic attacks aren't that strong (also, Burden of Might will probable keep you from getting to an SP2)
    - Use Burden to your advantage and push Man-Thing to his SP2 when possible (this is optional/personal preference, but I find his SP2 easier to dodge than his SP1)
    - Don't count on keeping your ice armor. Between Burden and Man-Thing's nullify you'll loose it as soon as it forms. On the flip side, the armor breaks Man-Thing applies will keep you regenning (if you run willpower) and near full health through the entire match
    - On the Day-5 map be prepared to timeout given Man-Thing's huge health pool. However, as stated in the point above, you can come back in with Iceman and heal back to full health while finishing the fight

My 5* Iceman is rank 5/sig 100-something (so I can now do the day-5 fight without timing out), but even when he was at rank 4 he handled the Man-Thing fight very well (even taking hits and specials to the face). Hope that helps.
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    We run Map 4 all the time, and my Alliance dislikes the Man Thing 5 day run for sure. Generally speaking, we struggle with him more than any other mini-boss. Good info in this thread though so thanks for the posts!
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    I find that G2099 works well, they're just longer fights
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    The problem with M-T isn't the Burden of Might node, it's the Prey on the Weak node. He has this one because he's offensively ineffective without it. It's basically giving him Rank 4 Mystic Dispersion, whilst BoM limits his opponents Power substantially (thanks to the fact M-T works by inflicting buffs on people).

Sentinel and She-Hulk are good because both gain passive attack bonuses. Rhulk is great as he powers up on poison and in blocking Mystic attacks. Rhulk and She-Hulk can both do decent damage without Critical hits or throwing Specials, so they'll get you through. Even if you do suffer a time out!

I'm going to disagree with others - Man-Thing's SP1 is easy to bait and to dodge. It's got the same timing and speed as Ant-Man's SP2. The easiest way to Dex it is to dash back to the edge of the screen; which will make it very easy to complete a shallow evade as the missile slowly comes towards you. If you're closer it takes much more careful timing to Dex back just before the thrown arm (or whatever it is) hits you.
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    Ya warlock is not good for man thing it will push him towards his sp3 due to his buff...... I usually take him down with 5 star rank 3 rhulk....... will power helps to gain health throughout the fight .... and rhulk converts poison and blocks from mystic champs into rage .... so he stacks 10 rage very early on and gets straightforward big damage dealing beast....

Any poison immunity champs with those nodes ? You wanna try Hyperion
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Any poison immunity champs with those nodes ? You wanna try Hyperion
    A cosmic is a bad idea for this fight? What a surprise!