**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What does 'punishing arena' mean?

psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Anyone know what this is? Yesterday I used my champions in the 5* arena as usual.. the other champions i use have refreshed but three are stuck.. Sunspot, Warlock and Ultron.

Three champions with different icon (top left)

I can't even use units to refresh them. Sort of stuck in limbo that Kabam created.

Comments

• It’s a quick arena for potions/revives. Been out a couple of weeks. 1* get about 450k in there. Lower the * the more points
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    Kabam, what tomfoolery is this? A new bug? each time there is maintenance, i shudder and think what will they fix and what will be repercussions of that fix if any? more bugs?
    edited October 2020
    Mauled said:

It’s a quick arena for potions/revives. Been out a couple of weeks. 1* get about 450k in there. Lower the * the more points

Its not the points.. I doubt I will reach the minimum for CGR.. its these three champions are stuck in limbo.. not using them in story or other content, just arena before the maintenance.. after maintenance.. my other champions have refreshed (timer has reach zero).. but as you can see these three have different icon on their top left corner (like construction etc)... I hope they refresh soon.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    I think it basically means you were in the Punishing arena, fighting, but somehow left without fighting 3 enemies with all of your 3 five star champions, thus not completing the matches to a win or a loss.

If I'm wrong, ask help to others because it's just a hunch.
  • Yes, it could be that you had loaded them up as a team in that special arena (which should use 1* and 2* there for much higher points than 5* anyways). And maybe you had a game crash with them still as the current team.

When you have restarted since then (even if days later), those 3 may still be in an active Match there.
    Try going back to that arena and finish their Match. You’ll probably see them recharged right afterwards too, since recharge time starts when you first load them into a match (not when you actually finish the match).

Just need to finish their match over in that special arena.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    psp742 said:

Anyone know what this is? Yesterday I used my champions in the 5* arena as usual.. the other champions i use have refreshed but three are stuck.. Sunspot, Warlock and Ultron.

Three champions with different icon (top left)

I can't even use units to refresh them. Sort of stuck in limbo that Kabam created.

u supposed to use 1 or 2* they give the most points
    I didn't go to any arena to use the 1* or 2*, im grinding for 5* Cosmic Ghostrider.. what does the 1* or 2* have to do with it.. minimum * level is 4* and can use 5* 6* as well.

Like i said, i only use my champions for 5* Cosmic Ghostrider arena. Any idea why three are stuck in limbo unable to refresh?
    edited October 2020
    5* Sunspot, Warlock, Ultron finally refreshed. seriously, im not even doing punishing arena.. no point getting 'glutton of punishment' title..

it's probably one of kabam maintenance bugs..

Thanks kabam (sarcasm).
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    To make it very very easy for you (even tho several people have said it already):

Go to arenas, enter this arena and play the leftover matches you haven't done yet.

edited October 2020
    RaviDavi, im not dumb.. maybe you can't read.. not sure why it is hard to understand.

TAKE NOTE.. I didn't play 'punishing arena' I was on 5* arena for 5* Cosmic Ghostrider.. I DID NOT USE THE THREE CHAMPIONS in 'punishing arena. I go into 5* CGR arena and surprisingly the three champions are locked with 'punishing arena' icon. Is it hard to comprehend simple English.

I close open my MCOC a few times and somehow the three champions are refreshed and can be use in 5* arena for CGR.. its a kabam bug.. period.

Topic close.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    They did trick or treat think about it

Trick- lower rarity not better
    Treat- shards, revives, gold
    MaxGaming, maybe its true.. too many bugs.. only thing good is taking action against cheaters.. permanent ban would have been better... if they can target the individual is better than punishment for entire alliance unless everyone in it is cheating.

Since my champions are released and I got to use them in 5* CGR arena.. I guess the bug solve itself.. the arena 'help4' 960 might still be there, still have not test if it works normally now.
  • Well, your Pic did show “Punishing Arena” in the error message.

Whether you remember going into there or not, the game must have thought you did.
    Maybe you just picked a team to use, then realized you were in wrong one, so exited before starting. Champs might have still been treated as “locked” until you actually fought the match (or Quit the arena).

Anyways, since you say issue is now resolved, case closed.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    psp742 said:

MaxGaming, maybe its true.. too many bugs.. only thing good is taking action against cheaters.. permanent ban would have been better... if they can target the individual is better than punishment for entire alliance unless everyone in it is cheating.

Since my champions are released and I got to use them in 5* CGR arena.. I guess the bug solve itself.. the arena 'help4' 960 might still be there, still have not test if it works normally now.

Just click enter in the punishing arena and it will fix itself. It is not a bug!