**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Free to play - Can’t keep up

In my opinion there have been changes to the game over the last months that make me need to either spend money or quit. They are as follows:

1. Even if I clear to the end of Act 6, I don't have an adequate 6* option to R3 unless I am spending money for crystals.

2. 6 of my top champs are almost always locked up in AQ and AW. Without a "whales" roster I need to wait to clear content and then buy energy refills to play with my best champs.

3. Because I don't want to spend all my units for revives in EQ Cavalier difficulty and Act 6, I am playing paths near completion and then quitting out (making all the time spent playing meaningless and unrewarding).

4. Drop rates are not listed for things like featured crystals. I can stockpile for featured crystals, but no one knows the actual drop rate (There are tons of featured champs in the reel, but I have opened 7 featured 5* crystals this month and have got nothing new).

5. I don't have the ability to sell class T4s for class T5s - T5 class shards are all behind endgame content that requires specific hero counters.

6. For the most part, newer characters are better and more difficult defenders making AQ and AW more difficult, but for the same rewards. New characters also usually have better damage output and higher prestige pushing down the value of my veteran roster each month.

I've really enjoyed playing this game, but I fear if these things don't change, I won't be able to keep up.

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Its called consumerism. If you are f2p, then you will be at a disadvantage item-wise compared to people that spend money on the game. if it were easy enough for a person to get all the t5cc that people nowadays pay for, the game would lose money and then it would go bankrupt. So my point is, even if it just a small one, there will always be a gap between f2p players and the p2w players.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Honestly ask yourself why you play AW? 8 Champs out of action for 12-24 hours for what, a few shards and a ton of stress? Get rid.
    AQ too, drop down a map where you can just spend glory on rank up mats and not potions and maybe even just cruise it with your r4 champs. I do map 4 AQ and we only have 1 bg for war so its optional - grind arena for units and spent them hapily clearing act 6 and abyss
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    As a f2p endgame player, I can say you can still keep up. Your progression will just be like 7 or 8 times slower than a p2w player, but that won't stop you from constantly evolving, get better champions, and complete content
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

"What the **** did you expect?"

-Sun Tzu, Art of War

what an inspirational guy
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    I am a f2p (I don’t like spending money on games ever) and I complete every eq and sq Cavalier difficulty every month plus I’ve completed Act 6 once and 100% Act 6.1. I’ve completed the last 3 variants and 100% Variant 4. The only bad thing about being a f2p is the t5cc (and the bad 6* luck but that could happen to a p2p also), which is really hard to get even for p2p players. But being a f2p player you just have to except the fact that you’ll be a little behind (plus you might have more skill than a p2p player since of the stress of running out of resources lol).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I find it slightly comical when people imply F2P can't keep up with spenders. They never will. The good news is they don't have to. Both can play the game at their own pace.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

In my opinion there have been changes to the game over the last months that make me need to either spend money or quit. They are as follows:

1. Even if I clear to the end of Act 6, I don't have an adequate 6* option to R3 unless I am spending money for crystals.

2. 6 of my top champs are almost always locked up in AQ and AW. Without a "whales" roster I need to wait to clear content and then buy energy refills to play with my best champs.

3. Because I don't want to spend all my units for revives in EQ Cavalier difficulty and Act 6, I am playing paths near completion and then quitting out (making all the time spent playing meaningless and unrewarding).

4. Drop rates are not listed for things like featured crystals. I can stockpile for featured crystals, but no one knows the actual drop rate (There are tons of featured champs in the reel, but I have opened 7 featured 5* crystals this month and have got nothing new).

5. I don't have the ability to sell class T4s for class T5s - T5 class shards are all behind endgame content that requires specific hero counters.

6. For the most part, newer characters are better and more difficult defenders making AQ and AW more difficult, but for the same rewards. New characters also usually have better damage output and higher prestige pushing down the value of my veteran roster each month.

I've really enjoyed playing this game, but I fear if these things don't change, I won't be able to keep up.

1. 100% Act's 4 and 5 first. It sounds like you don't have a developed roster. You are missing a ton of rewards by not 100% those acts.
    2. See line 1. You need to develop your roster more.
    3. Again, develop your roster more by exploring the content you can.
    4. Drop rates are available to people that spend money either. You can't buy featured 5/6* crystals so Kabam isn't required to post drop rates. Each champ in any 5 or 6* crystal have equal drop rate percentages unless stated otherwise. This is not a F2P only thing.
    5. The majority of players getting T5CC is from high end AQ. If you can't compete there, you don't need to worry about T5CC. Plus, no one can sell T4CC for T5CC. The gap would be even larger as most top end players have stockpiles of T4CC crystals waiting to be opened.
    6. Red Magneto is one of the best champs now and he's one of the oldest. Many older champs have plenty of usefulness. Corvus Glaive is what 2 years into the game or more and he's still a top champ. Starlord is one of the oldest and has very high damage output. You don't need the shiny new toy to do everything in this game.

Don't try and keep up. Free 2 play will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever keep up with anyone who pays. Your progress is your progress. Stop trying to compete with someone who's going to drop $500 on a crystal opening or can pay their way through content. You'll never get there as a free 2 play. Just enjoy the game the spenders are keeping running for you.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    *The Drop Rates are as listed. There aren't different Drop Rates for newer Champs in the Featured 5* and 6* Crystals.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I didnt realize it's a race. I must be doing something wrong to be playing at an enjoyable pace, conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I spend $5/mo because I want to and it makes me happy. Beat the Grandmaster today!
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Several points to make:

1. I understand the frustration of seeing huge accounts that put in less effort than you and just bought cool offers, but really, you should be proud of the amount of effort you put in as a f2p and the amount of progress you have achieved.

2. If you are complaining about not having a diverse enough roster, don't buy featured crystals. There is essentially no ability you can get in the game from the featured crystal that you can't also get from the basic pool, but there are in fact a few more champs in the basic pool, so cheaper basic crystals + a wider pool of champions to choose from = more roster diversity, and usually a better ratio oof god tier champs. Unless the ratio of god tier champs in the featured is 1.5+ times the ratio in the basic pool (it never is), then it is probably better to go basic.

3. Just a personal tip, but I find playing in a lower level alliance much easier in terms of effort in AQ and AW, I rarely use any top tier champs, and in stead focus on Act content, monthly content, Incursions or even arenas if I need some units. Buying energy refills with units is rarely ever worth it in comparison to revives to get you through tougher content.

4. I understand getting bad RNG from 6* crystals, but over time, your 6* luck will land you at least one or two rank up worthy champs, but if you complete act 6, you will at that moment get to choose the class of 25% of a T5CC, and get 18000 6* shards, enough to potentially add two new champs to your roster that may be worth ranking up.

Hang in there man.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I may not be a TRUE f2p player, but if I was my account would be basically identical, and I’m in a top 20 aq p1 alliance, have 3 r3s, 6% and 2% t5cc away from others, got all the content done, yes p2w has a large advantage, but ITs not impossible to keep up. The only thing a free to play player can’t access which needs vast improvement on is 6* sigs imo
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Personally I’m F2P, and I’ve found that essentially the way to ‘catch up’ is to have either insane luck, skill or both. Other than that, there’s not much you can do, since the spenders have the advantage of better and more availability of resources, hence faster progression. However it’s not really about catching up, at least not for me. Personally, I don’t see it as a race, but just an individual journey. Sure you might be in an alliance with spenders who outpace you in progression, but there are thousands of alliances out there that are at nearly every level in the game, so you’ll always fit somewhere. Also, don’t forget that a lot of people who play this game don’t spend money. You might find yourself short on revives or not having the roster for the demands of the content. But time and patience is the best thing a free to play player can have, in my opinion. If you have patience, and you have time, you’ll beat the content at a natural pace where you won’t need revives.

That’s my opinion
  • The game isn’t a race. The spenders are here making a game that you love free. You can join a high tier war alliance with low prestige but you’re never going to get into a top AQ alliance. It has always been the case and it’s never going to change.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    See and I agree to an extent but I just watched legacy spend 500 dollars or more then grind arena because spending didn’t get him what he wanted either.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I'm FTP and I actually know spenders who can't keep up with me lol..

I know you're talking about a different demographic though.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    you don't need to keep up with anyone, just play the game and have fun.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We do know the drop rates for the featured crystals...
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Ok let’s try and look at this logically. 1st of all. Why try and complete content so fast. Take your time it’s permanent content or Variant Act6 and so on. 2nd. As you progress rank who is making the difference in your play style. With all the recent nerfs of content it’s becoming easier to do with most champs. Not the niche champs everyone is talking about. We all don’t need rank 3. 6* My rank 2’s do a great job. As well as my rank5 5* They get stuff done. As for spending it’s your call. I go periods of time where I want to spend and time that I don’t. I still play at my pace do content I want to do and have fun with the game. I have gone so far as to make my own alliance as to gather just a small pittance of rewards compared to my old alliance. I find it very liberating to not have the extra stress of wars and being the top in all categories. I have slowed down and I have actually seen my game play experience expand to much more enjoyable levels. I hope this helps in some way. Just remember Rome was not built in a day. So take your time and enjoy the game for what it is as A FTP summoner