**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about compensation

I don’t think we should get compensation any time something goes wrong. However, I’m losing fights in AW because I try to use an L1 or and L2 and they fail. I shouldn’t have to relearn and adjust to such a significant broken mechanic.

So I’m curious, is Kabam planning to offer compensation as this is directly affecting the more expensive aspects of the game

Comments

• Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Compensation not needed. Way back when in aq a glitch happened and all items used were returned. Do that again.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I rarely feel that getting compensation is warranted. The last time I received it was when Android cut out in the middle of arena and was awarded some boosts. Either way I think this falls in line with what's happening. It's almost not playable. I'm still clearing content but only because I'm playing weaker content. And while I still surprisingly have my infinity streak, I've lost a few fights in light of the bug.
  • Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    They really should refund any items used. Especially alliance pots/revives. But they haven't given ANY type of compensation since the Netmarble buyout.. simple. They're out for money
  • They won't ever compensate anyone for items used when it is a problem on their end. They have stated this numerous times.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    They should do something. I'm not one to ask either but this is ridiculous. Wanted to record a video to show a team member something. Took 12 tries before I put together a fight where everything worked.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    It's an interesting topic OP, if you capatilize a programming bug to your benefit, you can get warned, temp. Banned, and have all rewards taken back, but never seen an instance where they refund what players spend to compensate a bug...sigh...I don't know why we bother say anything at this point...
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    They should have stopped aq and aw until it was fixed.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    3ul3r wrote: »
    An article needs to get posted in a reputable source showing how they exploit their users (today's offer was a blatant fu to the user base), then they will fix the game.

Name a source and I will personally write one
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    I love how someone flagged my post asking about compensation
  • If they do not return units for alliance pots, i will stop playing. Not that i dont have the units to cover it, but just sick of the lack of caring that they broke something. If a player exploits a bug, they get banned, when they create a bug that milks the players “sorry” isnt good enough anymore.
  • PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    If you bought a new tv remote and the number 1 button didn’t work
    If you bought a car and the steering wheel only turned left
    If you bought an album and it only had 10 of the 12 tracks listed
    If you bought a book and random paragraphs were missing or in the wrong order
    If you bought some strawberry ice cream but you open the lid and it’s vanilla
    If you bought a PC game and some of the controls didn’t work
    If you spend money on an online game and some of the controls don’t work
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited October 2017
    I dont understand why so many people immediately go to the "compensation" question. If the game isnt working, stop freaking playing it till its fixed. If you want to keep playing it, stop using items till its fixed. If you want to keep playing and using items KNOWING the game is broken, then thats your fault, and you dont deserve compensation. Dont you understand that companies like this thrive on the fact you will continue to play and spend money on a broken game because thats the mentality of much of society now......gotta have it and I want it now no matter what because I'm an entitled little beatch. its your own fault. Stop playing the damn game and spending money on it when its broken, and watch how fast it gets fixed. Until then, shut your mouth and quit your bitchin.
  • Dax_JanielsDax_Janiels Posts: 16
    That might work for you. Some of us are in Alliances and we're expected to log in and play our turns in AQ and AW. Taking time off (especially for a known issue that effects the entire alliance/ team) isn't an option. Our entire alliance is frustrated but at the moment we're taking a wait and see stance.

But yeah, spending real world money or in game units at this time would be extremely foolish.

I don't think players asking for in game compensation is unreasonable - it effects everyone as we play on teams and let's just admit it, any bonus or crystal or gem is like crack to MOCC players.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited October 2017
    That might work for you. Some of us are in Alliances and we're expected to log in and play our turns in AQ and AW. Taking time off (especially for a known issue that effects the entire alliance/ team) isn't an option. Our entire alliance is frustrated but at the moment we're taking a wait and see stance.

But yeah, spending real world money or in game units at this time would be extremely foolish.

I don't think players asking for in game compensation is unreasonable - it effects everyone as we play on teams and let's just admit it, any bonus or crystal or gem is like crack to MOCC players.

It sounds like your alliance has been taking a wait and see stance since the 12.0 debacle. Thats why the game is so broken. Kabam depends on this wait and see stance, all the while your still playing and spending. compensation isnt needed if you just stop spending and playing until the problems are fixed. Thats your own fault. until your alliance gets its priorities right, then expect this as the new normal for gameplay and quit bitchin.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Since netmarble took over they have been so cheap
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Kabam would give compensation for mistakes, yet Netmarble won’t.

One company was worth a damn....