**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Psylocke underrated?

I just got a 4* unduped psylocke and have really been enjoying using her. My only other power control champs are Civil Warrior and Rogue (both unduped) but Psylocke seems to be better for power control. Is this just me or is she underrated because she went for pretty low arena points. I would love some thoughts on this. Would it be a waste to take her up to 4/40? Thanks.

Comments

• I personally like her, if you don't have a different mutant power control champ go for it
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    She is handy for normal quests and what not because you can build a power gain team around her and destroy. Aq aw she sucks as to use her right takes time to build up and you don't have that kinda time every fight. If you pair her up with aa she is not bad in aq aw but better champs about because of low block prot and armour
  • UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
    Any other thoughts?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    She's very niche. If you get everything lined up you have total power control.... but it takes time and a little luck, especially against harder AI that refuses to let you bait out specials. And if you take a hit you can get dead pretty quick. Someone like magik or vision is just so much easier to use.

I was surprised she went as low as she did first round, but I get why she isn't in demand. She's just too finicky.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    She is not underrated at all, when your roster starts to diversify it is hard to find a place for a mediocre power-controller with mediocre damage. Most places you do actually need power control (i.e. power gain/all or nothing nodes) the opponent will have gained 3 bars before she is set-up most of the time.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    She was the first champ I ever grinded for in arena and will probably be the last lol. But I’m really glad I did because she’s becoming one of my favourites to use. She’s very flexible with her sp1, 2 very different, effective playstyles centred around using it. Depends on who you’re facing. If it’s someone like Hyperion or mordo with active power gain buffs getting them to 0 power is pointless. Better off just saving for a sp2 or 3 to lock power or bringing them below a bar with sp1. If you do that you’ll almost instantly have another sp1 ready. I quite like that playstyle for any opponent but not gaining power from your own attacks is also a nice way to play. Sp3 also has a very long stun if used correctly which gives you plenty of time to land a few combos. Building up the psi charges to use a heavy can do a decent amount of direct damage too. Personally I think she’s an excellent power control champ and would definitely put her in my top 5 mutants. She’s tricky yes, but with practice she can be extremely effective.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    She's really underrated imo. People don't give her enough credit. There are better power control champs out there but if you have her she'll get the job done.