**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Karnak buff idea

silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
So I want to start off by saying I recognize that Kabam has their own plan for buffing older champs. I also recognize I’m not the most stats minded player so things like specific numbers and percentages likely aren’t really applying much in this idea, but thought this could be at least an idea to get Karnak to be improved and making him a much more viable champ both offensively and defensively, in addition to making him a bit more fun to use/play against. Thanks for reading!

Karnak
Make much more of a skill based play
Instead of having Karnak passively get focus for a passive Precision, make Karnak need to earn charges, focus charges

Poison immune to stay consistent with other inhumans

Keep abilities regarding physical resistance and reducing class disadvantage over time

Based on an sp1 rotation to get charges activated. By activating an sp1, you start a 15 second timer, and depending on the task (determined by rng), you must complete that task to lock in the focus charges, max stacks of 3, but can only stack if locked. Against mutant champions, timer reduced to 10 seconds, and against science champions, increased to 20 seconds.

Tasks include similarities to commands from gm fight and mojo fights
Punish a special
Whiff an attack
Hold block
Strike block
Intercept attack
Charge a heavy

At one stack of focus charges - activate true strike, ignoring armor, resistances, auto block and evade effects. Karnak also cannot miss opponents while holding this focus charge. Lasts for 15 seconds

At 2 stacks of focus charges - activate counter attacks (more similar to mole man counter attacks, not like Elsa’s evade-counter), able to counter opponent attacks when blocking, and opponent cannot gain power from these counter attacks, but Karnak gains 50% more power from these counter attacks, effect lasts 10 seconds

At 3 stacks of focus charges - gain a passive precision charge that increases crit rating by 3000 lasts 5 seconds

After holding 3 focus charges, activate an additional sp1 to reset back to 1

When attempting to complete a task, to refresh the timer, successfully land a heavy attack.
Landing a heavy attack will also reactivate the effects of a locked in focus charge

Sp2 - inflict Trauma and concussion. Trauma inflicts additional burst damage, scaled based on Karnak’s focus charge held. Concussion reduces ability accuracy by 15% per focus charge held

Sp3 - Temporarily gain the effects of the focus charge held at the time of activating for double the amount of time. (When awakened, can activate all 3 effects at the same time)

Awakened ability - same as current but include all debuffs, not just non damaging
When activating sp3, temporarily gain effects of all focus charges

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Maybe double the duration of focus charges and also something like gain 10% attack per focus charge.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    He needs a nerf, not a buff
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    looks good! i like how you need an aggressive playstyle. i think the timer should be 10 seconds by default though, 15/20 is way too much

Decrease the timer for completing commands and increase the timer for the focus charges' effects.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Moot4Life said:

looks good! i like how you need an aggressive playstyle. i think the timer should be 10 seconds by default though, 15/20 is way too much

That makes sense. And since with this setup, using a heavy to refresh it, it’s not like you can’t keep it going. Thanks for the feedback!

Maybe double the duration of focus charges and also something like gain 10% attack per focus charge.

That makes sense. And at least by the time you have 3 charges locked in, you’re almost throwing much higher crits constantly. I def could get used to that
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Sounds really good hopefully he might get a buff in january because i think someone else is getting buffed for december
    edited October 2020
    Gardener said:

Sounds really good hopefully he might get a buff in january because i think someone else is getting buffed for december

Its Netflix Daredevil aka Devil of Hell's kitchen who is getting buffed.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Gardener said:

January is a Tune Up. Karnak needs at least an update, which would be February.
  • KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    Not all inhumans are poison immune.
    Kirklin said:

Not all inhumans are poison immune.

To my knowledge the only other one in game that’s not labeled as poison immune is Quake, are there others?