**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Compensation

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    heh, act 6 compensation. wut is this legend you speak about?
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 362 ★★★
    Where is the information ? @Kabam Miike
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Right? There's absolutely nothing from the Kabam team. Even if the update is "we won't be providing an update until compensation drops", that would be better than nothing.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    It would be a day without another compensation post. What’s next a gold, iso or rdt post?
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    we need an update the first compensation was a carnage too ... i whish this one is better
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

These posts keep coming back, I mean they have to answer eventually right

They already gave the timeline so nothing for them to say till it actually drops, then they’ll merge all the threads complaining about it and do 1 reply at that time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I wouldn't be shocked if it was after Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers. If it includes units/shards/rank up resources, they wouldn't want to risk people not spending on the deals and using the units on those offers instead of the cash offers.

I want some of what you're on if you think there are gonna be units and rank resources

I wouldn't be shocked if it was after Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers. If it includes units/shards/rank up resources, they wouldn't want to risk people not spending on the deals and using the units on those offers instead of the cash offers.

I want some of what you're on if you think there are gonna be units and rank resources
    Ya the massive bitchfest you’d get if there were actual rewards is unfathomable, no chance kabam will want to deal with it. Has to be only boosts/consumables
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Ya the massive bitchfest you’d get if there were actual rewards is unfathomable, no chance kabam will want to deal with it. Has to be only boosts/consumables
    I think it will be the equivalent of what we received for defeating the champion boss. I would love for it to be more though for sure.
  • Sorry for the revival but it's better than creating a new thread, any updates on this ?
    Objectively, act 6 exploration took a lot more resources than 6.2.6 exploration. If it really is just consumables, then Kabam would need to manage the overflow situation. Perhaps they will, but I think they'll try to circumnavigate that issue with something slightly different (but agree it'll be heavy on the consumables).
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

I now have one path left in abyss.. my only content left. It would sure be nice to know when this is coming so I can plan accordingly.

I gave up. I have 2 paths left and I'm starting my next path tomorrow. I'll wait the last path until cyber Monday. We'll see
    I gave up waiting on it for my last runs as well, wanted to make sure I finished it off before the Cyber deals on the off-chance that they feature T5CC selectors - that way I’d be able to make a more informed decision based on the catalysts and champs I pulled from exploration.

I think so far the only official word on this (that I’ve see) has been on Twitter:

I’m hoping it comes through at some point soon after the November update, but by the looks of things we may be waiting a little while longer.
    Great sleuthing @Octoberstack ! Great to see it being acknowledged at least. I'm hoping we'll see it with the November update also, but expect it'll be with the December update.

I now have one path left in abyss.. my only content left. It would sure be nice to know when this is coming so I can plan accordingly.

I gave up. I have 2 paths left and I'm starting my next path tomorrow. I'll wait the last path until cyber Monday. We'll see
    I gave up waiting on it for my last runs as well, wanted to make sure I finished it off before the Cyber deals on the off-chance that they feature T5CC selectors - that way I’d be able to make a more informed decision based on the catalysts and champs I pulled from exploration.

I think so far the only official word on this (that I’ve see) has been on Twitter:

I’m hoping it comes through at some point soon after the November update, but by the looks of things we may be waiting a little while longer.
    Well I officially completed my 4th path of Abyss like I said I would. I have 6k units ready to do my last path and it would really help for an update. At least say whether the compensation will be happening before of after cyber weekend. That would allow all of us to stop asking question daily on the matter.

a

DannyB01 said:

Great sleuthing @Octoberstack ! Great to see it being acknowledged at least. I'm hoping we'll see it with the November update also, but expect it'll be with the December update.

If it takes until after Black Friday, it is out of pure greed. There is no reason it should take several months after all act 6 changes are live to issue compensation. Let alone acknowledge it..
    It depends on how you look at it. Since no new content has been released since march, a lot of players would have no use for the compensation if it showed up now. Everything would just expire and get wasted before the book 2 release. If they at least wait till after cyber Monday, players who have no content to do currently would be able to use those consumables on 7.1. To me, releasing the compensation knowing that for many players ir would just expire before they had something to use on is the greed you’re talking about.

a

DannyB01 said:

If it takes until after Black Friday, it is out of pure greed. There is no reason it should take several months after all act 6 changes are live to issue compensation. Let alone acknowledge it..
    It depends on how you look at it. Since no new content has been released since march, a lot of players would have no use for the compensation if it showed up now. Everything would just expire and get wasted before the book 2 release. If they at least wait till after cyber Monday, players who have no content to do currently would be able to use those consumables on 7.1. To me, releasing the compensation knowing that for many players ir would just expire before they had something to use on is the greed you’re talking about.

You make a good point. If compensation dropped now in the form of expiring consumables, players would have 30 days to claim it, and a further 14 days before it expires in the stash.

This might be just enough to last until Book 2/Act 7 drops in December. Hell, it might even be exactly what players need for an early Act 7 legends run. But it would all depend on whether that content drops as scheduled, and isn’t delayed to the end of the month (or early next year).

From that perspective, deliberately delaying the compensation would make some sense. Though if this was the reasoning behind the delay, some transparency would definitely not go amiss.

a

DannyB01 said:

You make a good point. If compensation dropped now in the form of expiring consumables, players would have 30 days to claim it, and a further 14 days before it expires in the stash.

This might be just enough to last until Book 2/Act 7 drops in December. Hell, it might even be exactly what players need for an early Act 7 legends run. But it would all depend on whether that content drops as scheduled, and isn’t delayed to the end of the month (or early next year).

From that perspective, deliberately delaying the compensation would make some sense. Though if this was the reasoning behind the delay, some transparency would definitely not go amiss.
    I never thought about it this way. Most of the people who 100% act 6 probably have all content done so it would make sense to wait until 7.1 is released but if that is the plan just announce it though. That way we stop asking questions which is still no excuse for not getting an answer already. Either way Abyss is getting done after cyber weekend for me at this point so it doesn't matter to me either way.
    Great points on expiring consumables timing for Book 2. However, Kabam could temporarily remove the item cap too.

a

DannyB01 said:

I never thought about it this way. Most of the people who 100% act 6 probably have all content done so it would make sense to wait until 7.1 is released but if that is the plan just announce it though. That way we stop asking questions which is still no excuse for not getting an answer already. Either way Abyss is getting done after cyber weekend for me at this point so it doesn't matter to me either way.
    I agree, there’s absolutely no harm in getting a few updates along the way.

Though I anticipate that the game team have a lot on their plate these days, what with scheduling champion buffs, organising the 2021 vote, preparing Act 7 for release, and planning EOY events like Cyber Weekend and the 6th anniversary week. With that in mind it’s plausible that there isn’t even a tentative timeline for the compensation that they can announce, even if they wanted too. All speculation, who really knows.

Either way, wishing you the best of luck with your final Abyss path (and subsequent rewards)!
This discussion has been closed.