**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why hercules?

13»

Comments

• naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★

Im still gonna vote for hercules because hes the only one I know here, but honestly everyone dissing hercules is making me less likely to vote for the champ you want. That Omega sentinel post was rlly good and now shes my second in line.

By hating on hercules, you’re making the people likely to vote for hercules less likely to sympathize with your character so just try to make a case on why your champ is cool. Not why hercules is boring.

Just my 2 cents

Fair point. In my case however I'll take anybody but Jercules...

Like anyone. Seriously
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I am on your side. Go HERCULES.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

I know his powers and am still skeptical how he can be anything more than a move set similar to your generic cosmic (fury cruelty armor break regen). I’m not adamantly against him even though I won’t be voting for him, I just would need someone to give an example of abilities because I don’t see much potential for cool mechanics. Educate me please.

See the start of the post man. I have written all the abilities there.
    You wrote his powers. I said in the start of my comment that I saw/knew his powers. I asked for a Mcoc moveset. What abilities in game will he have that makes him any different than a generic cosmic.
    Oh it will be given after we decide the champ we want.

Hercules is so amazing that even Wolverine could not resist

The incredible herc
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I actually still have both of his mini series from the 1980s when he traveled the universe with the Recorder. He was usually an Avenger in that era, though he was with The Champions for a bit.

I think the most interesting storyline was when was beaten near to death by the Masters of Evil, and then Avengers were attacked by the Gods of Olympus out of revenge. I dunno, he can be cool.
    Lovejoy72 said:

I actually still have both of his mini series from the 1980s when he traveled the universe with the Recorder. He was usually an Avenger in that era, though he was with The Champions for a bit.

I think the most interesting storyline was when was beaten near to death by the Masters of Evil, and then Avengers were attacked by the Gods of Olympus out of revenge. I dunno, he can be cool.

He is cool.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★

He is not a god. He’s 5/8ths a god.

That is inaccurate.
    Hercules is a demi god
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

I know his powers and am still skeptical how he can be anything more than a move set similar to your generic cosmic (fury cruelty armor break regen). I’m not adamantly against him even though I won’t be voting for him, I just would need someone to give an example of abilities because I don’t see much potential for cool mechanics. Educate me please.

You wrote his powers. I said in the start of my comment that I saw/knew his powers. I asked for a Mcoc moveset. What abilities in game will he have that makes him any different than a generic cosmic.
    W-what? I’m asking for one of you zealots to give an example of a Mcoc moveset that isn’t a generic cosmic fury-cruelty-armor break-regen champ. Because as of right now I can’t see how he would bring any interesting mechanic to the table.

W-what? I’m asking for one of you zealots to give an example of a Mcoc moveset that isn’t a generic cosmic fury-cruelty-armor break-regen champ. Because as of right now I can’t see how he would bring any interesting mechanic to the table.
    I don't know who is a zealot here but if you are asking me I don't have the creativity nor will to do so.
  • Dfraga71388Dfraga71388 Posts: 92
    He is a DEMI God, they probably won't give him any kind of zeus-lightning related attack. Will most likely turn into a lackluster skill champ with not much utility. I think Blue or Omega would have the best kits out of these potential Champs, and also have the most utility
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

He is a DEMI God, they probably won't give him any kind of zeus-lightning related attack. Will most likely turn into a lackluster skill champ with not much utility. I think Blue or Omega would have the best kits out of these potential Champs, and also have the most utility

He is a demi god, in Greek mythology at least.
    As for his kit, he has all the potential to be a new Aegon like character, a champ that shines in long and endurance demanding quests.
    Maybe if Kabam feel generous, will create an ultimate Abyss counter, same way as Aegon is for Labyrinth 🤞

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I honestly, honestly cannot see how anyone can look at these characters,

and think hercules is the coolest looking.

Honestly

Honestly
  • Dfraga71388Dfraga71388 Posts: 92
    edited October 2020
    Qacob said:

Honestly

Honestly

I honestly think we must be underestimating how many females and gay men/closet gays play this game. Omega by far most interesting. Blue marvel is very tempting given all his powers. But hey, I guess to them big muscles are all they see
  • ljdr77ljdr77 Posts: 62

Can’t wait until he just punches stuff. In comparison to the other candidates like dazzler, blue marvel, morbius, Morgan, he still seems bland

Yeah you want a dinosaur alright.
    He isn't bland at all. Just you don't want to have him in the contest.
    I don’t want him in the contest because he looks bland. I genuinely had no idea who he was before I researched him last night. I had no inherent bias against him. He’s just not as good as any of the other options
    I don’t understand how anyone could possibly not know who Hercules is. This isn’t me making a case for him to be in the game. I watched the cartoon as a kid, I learned about him in school, I studied him in my Mythology class in University and there have been several movies made in the last 10 years. I’m shocked that you’ve never heard of him.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★

Can’t wait until he just punches stuff. In comparison to the other candidates like dazzler, blue marvel, morbius, Morgan, he still seems bland

Yeah you want a dinosaur alright.
    He isn't bland at all. Just you don't want to have him in the contest.
    I don’t want him in the contest because he looks bland. I genuinely had no idea who he was before I researched him last night. I had no inherent bias against him. He’s just not as good as any of the other options
    Alright so whether you like the character or want them is your own opinion and that's fine. BUT DID YOU SERIOUSLY NOT KNOW WHO HERCULES IS?!?!? HE'S HERCULES..........!!!!!!! I mean he's literally one of the most famous characters ever...not famous marvel character or anything one of the most famous character period. He's had shows ,books, legends, movies. Even one where The Rock played him... he even appears in god of war 3...like this is just pissing me off,like in marvel he's not even that different from his mythos so you shouldn't need to research him to know who he is....HE'S FREAKING HERCULES!!!!!!!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I just don’t care much for him. IMO Herc is just kind of generic. Personally, I’m either going for Morbius (since Spider-Man) or Morgan le Fay (read a compelling argument for her). Hercules just doesn’t seem to add much to the table since he’s just a buff dude (yes I know he’s a bit more complicated than that, but that’s just my opinion).

The only cool mechanic I can see him having is a sort of “12 labours” persistent charge thing (like Corvus) but that seems a bit more trouble than its worth.
  • Rookiie said:

Mattyy said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

nigh omnipotence,vast energy manipulation(Those who are saying he just would punch stuff are wrong), he can also shape-shift and increase his size so as to carry earth on his shoulders, he also can fly

Those abilities are from the Skyfather physiology. They're going to go with Olympian/Human hybrid physiology so he's not going to get them.
    These are his abilities. You don't know what Kabam is going to do.
    Open your eyes Sarvanga. Those are abilities inherited from the Chaos War, this is not your baseline Hercules.
    When Doom stole the power of the Beyonders and became God Emperor Doom? Did those abilities become permanent & did we see them in game? No. Same thing.
    Open your eyes Rookiie, kabam can give him whatever powers they want.

Whatever happens in comics or movies have no effect on what the champ can or can't do in this game.
    You're literally arguing for my point Mattyy. Whatever happens in comics & movies indeed has no effect on what the champ can or can't do.

In the comics, Hercules inherited the Skyfather physiology. That's going to have literally no effect on his design.

Because guess what? Kabam are going to use the Olympian/Human hybrid physiology as the baseline. And they're going to extrapolate from there.

Does that mean he'll get nigh-omnipotence and flight? No it doesn't.
    You also realize that kabam will be playing with hellfire if they make the community voted champ anything less than amazing right ???

None of the 8 champs are gonna be weak or have "bland animations and mechanics", not even Okoye and not even Hercules
    I am already waiting to see the forum go "They butherched X champ. There are better in the class what was the point"
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Qacob said:

Honestly

Honestly

Beardo on steroids!
  • I will choose hercules

For those of you who were curious.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    After reading the first couple paragraphs I had one single though in mind:

Man, I dont wanna fight that
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I have been seeing people make the case for the champ they would like to have in the game.
    The one thing which is very apparent is lack of knowledge about hercules. People are saying that he is just plain and boring. Just strength and endurance.
    Now let me tell you about Hercules.

He is a god. The son of Zeus. He is one of the strongest and most powerful heroes of the marvel universe.

He has godlike stamina, invulnerability, regenerative healing factor,immortality, nigh omnipotence,vast energy manipulation(Those who are saying he just would punch stuff are wrong), he can also shape-shift and increase his size so as to carry earth on his shoulders,being son of zeus he can temporarily control his lightning bolt, he also can fly and is an expert archer.
    Also he can use the gifts of Greek gods as weapons in his fights.
    This can lead to some really great mechanics and Kabam can just hit it out of the park with him.

Those of you who are saying he is boring are blatantly wrong. He is a god, an avenger and a legend.

Personally I came to know about Hercules when I read about the 12 tasks he completed . That was just awesome and amazing. How many of you have also read that huh?

He's a demi god. To say that he's a god is just false.

I have been seeing people make the case for the champ they would like to have in the game.
    The one thing which is very apparent is lack of knowledge about hercules. People are saying that he is just plain and boring. Just strength and endurance.
    Now let me tell you about Hercules.

He is a god. The son of Zeus. He is one of the strongest and most powerful heroes of the marvel universe.

He has godlike stamina, invulnerability, regenerative healing factor,immortality, nigh omnipotence,vast energy manipulation(Those who are saying he just would punch stuff are wrong), he can also shape-shift and increase his size so as to carry earth on his shoulders,being son of zeus he can temporarily control his lightning bolt, he also can fly and is an expert archer.
    Also he can use the gifts of Greek gods as weapons in his fights.
    This can lead to some really great mechanics and Kabam can just hit it out of the park with him.

Those of you who are saying he is boring are blatantly wrong. He is a god, an avenger and a legend.

Personally I came to know about Hercules when I read about the 12 tasks he completed . That was just awesome and amazing. How many of you have also read that huh?

He's a demi god. To say that he's a god is just false.
    It isn't. If you were contemporary of hercules then you could have said that. But now years after his lore has been completed he is a god. His mortal part is gone.