**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gamma-Rama Good Times

Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

A SMASHING GOOD TIME

Ever wondered what it would be like to have Gamma blood coursing through your veins...

...So do we…

Can you dig it! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, no, it’s… Immortal. HULK. MANIA! This month we’re dealing in nothing but Gamma Radiation! So, suit up!

Here is how YOU can get in on the action:

Log in every day to claim one (1) Gamma Gauntlet. These Gauntlets will give you access to Shadow Base Raids. You have 30 minutes to complete a Raid. In that time, you will defeat as many Bosses as you can and collect Gamma Radiation upon winning each fight. Note that each Raid costs one (1) Gamma Gauntlet. In other words, one (1) Gamma Gauntlet buys you 30-minutes in the Raid, no more, no less! Did I mention that each day sports a different themed Raid? You will get to experience seven (7) different themes for Raids, which means you will get to fight a certain variety of Champions each day!

Word on the street is that Joe Fixit’s been on the market for some of that green stuff. Once you have a worthy stash, head on over to Fixit’s Fine Goods and see what they’ll give you for it. And just in case you need an extra nudge, look out for the Gamma Galore Spend Event, happening all through the month - the more you spend, the more you gain!

SHADOW BASE RAIDS

Starts: 11/04/2020 @ 18:00 UTC (10AM PST)
Ends: 12/02/2020 @ 18:00 UTC (10AM PST)

You approach the Raid path. You hand over a Gauntlet - a small price for entry to potential glory. You are told that you have 30 minutes to complete the path. Should you fail to complete the path today, you should return when you have more Gauntlets to trade for entry. What you earn is what you will keep despite any failed attempts to complete the path. You have been enlisted. You hear a faint ticking… tick… tick… tick

Time: 30 minutes
Fights: 10 (9 + Boss)
Opponents: Random
Difficulties: Heroic, Master, Epic, and Legendary
Rewards: Gamma Radiation

You emerge... tired, hungry, but victorious. You glance curiously at the units of Gamma Radiation you fought so hard to obtain. “What’s Joe got cookin’ up with all this green stuff anyway…” You shudder at the thought of the inevitable destruction if Joe harnessed the power of the formidable green. You ponder no further, for one who has survived this long in the Contest knows not to question when Joe Fixit is up to no good. You take one more look at the Raid path behind you… Wondering if this will all be worth whatever Fixit is willing to pay. You point your toes due South, where one fine establishment stands: Fixit’s Fine Goods.

Raids FAQ:

How many Gamma Gauntlets do we receive per day?
One (1).

Can I accumulate Gamma Gauntlets instead of using one each day?
Yes. If you choose not to participate in the Raid of the Day, you may save up your Gauntlets to participate in the Raid theme of your choice. Remember! It will cost one (1) Gauntlet per 30-minute Raid!

How many Raid themes are there? Will there be more?
Seven (7). No, once you have experienced one theme each day for the first week, the themes will present themselves again in the same sequence in the following weeks.

What happens to the Raid path after 30 minutes? What if I leave/quit/exit the path?
It closes and resets, on both occasions!

How do I earn Gamma Radiation from the Raids? Do I have to finish the path in order to get the Gamma Radiation?
You earn Gamma Radiation by completing fights along the Raid path. No, you will keep the Gamma Radiation you each from EACH completed fight along the path. E.g. if you only managed to defeat 5 Champions along the Raid path in the allotted 30-minutes, then you will walk away with Gamma Radiation from the 5 fights only. If you defeat the Boss on the Raid path, then you would have collected the maximum amount of Gamma Radiation from that Raid path.

Can I do the same Raid path again?
Yes, whether or not you managed to complete the Raid path, you can participate in the same Raid path multiple times SO LONG AS you have Gauntlets to spare.

FIXIT’S FINE GOODS

You arrive at Fixit's Fine Goods. It’s expanded over a couple more lots than you remember. Pays to be bad, you think to yourself. As you push open the doors into Fixit's Fine Goods, you hear the clicking of your soiled boots as you make your way along the crisp marbled tiles towards the trading centre…

Satisfied with the menu, you glance further up the wall at the large banner strung across the full length of the room…

GAMMA GALORE SPEND EVENT

Starts: 11/04/2020 @ 17:00 UTC (10AM PST)

The more you spend (Gamma Radiation), the more you earn (rewards), and the rewards go like this:

SOLO OBJECTIVES

You didn’t think that was it, did you?

Complete Solo Objectives to earn even more Gamma Radiation!

SPECIAL NOTE to Cavaliers: an additional set of solo objectives will be available to you and only you!

MORE ON GAMMA RADIATION…

In case you’re wondering where all the Gamma Radiation is hiding…

Event Quest:
Hard: 6000
Master: 50,000
Uncollected: 150,000
Cavalier: 450,000

Shadow Base Raids:
Hard: 20,000
Master: 110,000
Epic: 350,000
Legendary: 850,000

Solo Objectives: 130,000

Special 7 Day Calendar: 112,000

Arenas: 152,000

Note: The above figures are the maximum amounts for each category.

NEW MECHANIC

LET'S GET TO THE ROOT OF IT!

Exciting news Summners! A new GAMEPLAY MECHANIC is being introduced in this Meta Event! A new effect type, ROOT.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

When Rooted, a Champion's movement is locked. You can still perform any action, but you won’t move from your location when doing so. So for example, you can still dodge special attacks with Dexterity, Parry, and use your own Special Attacks (Unless a global buff says otherwise). You just won’t do any lateral movement associated with those actions. We hope to explore this new effect on further global buffs or even characters/buffs for players to use! So make sure to try them out and let us know what you think.

WHERE DO I SEE IT?

Each day, on every difficulty, they’ll be a Global buff that uses Root in a slightly different way to give you a feel for it. The difficulty has been tuned around these buffs, so there shouldn’t be too much complexity going on around them. Unless you want to take a swing at Legendary, where an extra wrinkle has been added to keep you on your feet.

WHERE CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK?

We really really want player feedback on this feature. I can’t stress that enough. Any thoughts, ideas, tweaks, anything. We want to get more spicy gameplay ideas in front of you guys in the coming months and we want to hear all of your suggestions and feedback around its implementation. A separate forum post has been set up for you to share your thoughts on the buffs after playing around, and we’ll be keeping a close eye on other channels too to hear your thoughts. Even if you don't have suggestions, just general thoughts and impressions are appreciated!

UPDATE

Extended times!

FIXIT’S FINE GOODS
Ends: 12/09/2020 @ 18:00 UTC (10AM PST)

GAMMA GALORE SPEND EVENT
Starts: 11/04/2020 @ 17:00 UTC (10AM PST)
Ends: 12/09/2020 @ 18:00 UTC (10AM PST)
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Fun fun fun
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Loved those rewards
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Why do the 6* shards keep changing per side event? Honest question. Just wondering. Does it depend on the difficulty?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Looking good
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Excuse me but 15000 6 star shards from cav shops? We didn’t even get 10,000 last month y’all sure that’s correct?

Im wil Said im do Think u mis calculat alot
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited October 2020

Excuse me but 15000 6 star shards from cav shops? We didn’t even get 10,000 last month y’all sure that’s correct?

Thats 5 star
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

The 6 star shards seem a bit on the low side though

5000 is on the low side? You sure?
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
    Is there any level or progression title lock on Legendary Difficulty?
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Pretty stingy on the 6* shards and T5CC....when will we see a Thronebreaker level of rewards?
  • Im liking the rewards its more about the difficulty for me though
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    rewards look solid
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I count 5.25k 6*. 1k for uc shop, 2k for cav shop, 2.25k from milestone,